Xenn's GT PSP Research Topic

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 248 comments
Did you find the files of those cars or did you compare the full car list from GT4 to GTPSP?

I haven't found the files for them, but those were the names I found when messing around with some values.

At 18 seconds the bottom of the screen shows "course_spec_gt5m" what does that mean?

And there might be hidden cars since this build shows a couple manufacturers (Aston Martin, Autobianchi, Holden.) that didn't make it to the final game.

course_spec_gt5m is most likely the code to show the track specifications, but wasn't implemented at that time.

I'll have to see if those cars are in the final version.

mmm it's true, GT PSP doesn't have Autobianchi, Aston Martin and Holden manufacters.. Also some special cars like Nike 2022, Jay Leno Tank Car, Auto Union, Ford Model T
If it's possible to drive those cars in the secret tracks it's wonderful

Xenn, can you find the code for Tsukuba Wet Course?

I can't seem to find it in the game, it may have been possibly removed for another course (Possibly Valencia).

Hey Xenn, can you give us the codes??? We are waiting for a month :)

For codes other than tracks, yes I can. I'm still trying to find a way to get it working for PSP's.

well, i know the codes for those track, but gt psp freeze... it's simply a line that i need
for example i use 0x0080F440 for load tracks... tahiti dirt works, but other like rome_ps2 ( a track that xenn can load) freezes my psp, i use this code 0x0080F440 0x00000032

xenn i'm currently waiting for the codes :)

I'm still trying to find a way to get it working for PSP's.
The only way it can be played right now, is using things I can't mention due to AUP rules.

Though from the constant crashing i've been having with my experiments, i'm starting to doubt if it will work on PSP's.

i appreciate your work, i hope you can release more infos to the secrets tracks of GT PSP.. by the way it's sad for me that i can't drive around rome :(

i appreciate your work, i hope you can release more infos to the secrets tracks of GT PSP.. by the way it's sad for me that i can't drive around rome :(

There's probably some obscure method i'm not seeing yet that makes it work. So that's why i'm going to keep trying.

In the meantime, I'll see if there's anything on the cars that were missing in earlier posts.

Were there more cars that never made it to the production game? I know that in a pre-release version of GT PSP Aston Martin made an appearance alongside Caterham, but are there more that could possibly still be hidden somewhere in the game?

There's probably some obscure method i'm not seeing yet that makes it work. So that's why i'm going to keep trying.

In the meantime, I'll see if there's anything on the cars that were missing in earlier posts.

So, you can run the tracks but you don't know why you can load it?

So, you can run the tracks but you don't know why you can load it?

The track will load just fine, but it crashes the game for some reason.

I'm trying to find out why it does this and possibly prevent that.

The track will load just fine, but it crashes the game for some reason.

I'm trying to find out why it does this and possibly prevent that.

infact, the psp load the track but when i try to start it , it crash, it crash ever.. i hope you can find a method to solve this problem...
so, as i understand, you load it with a "non-writable" method, right?

infact, the psp load the track but when i try to start it , it crash, it crash ever.. i hope you can find a method to solve this problem...
so, as i understand, you load it with a "non-writable" method, right?

When i'm loading the track, it writes the new value to memory (providing it's done quick enough or the track won't change).

I know it does function to some extent, as I can load it's lighting on the car just fine (tracks that don't exist at all have a completely black reflection). But it's just figuring out how to get the track to function.

Were there more cars that never made it to the production game? I know that in a pre-release version of GT PSP Aston Martin made an appearance alongside Caterham, but are there more that could possibly still be hidden somewhere in the game?

There's apparently a Mazda MX-5 '05 in the data, which could've been a car in the pre-release versions. But nothing appears in the game when it's loaded.

Last edited:
When i'm loading the track, it writes the new value to memory (providing it's done quick enough or the track won't change).

I know it does function to some extent, as I can load it's lighting on the car just fine (tracks that don't exist at all have a completely black reflection). But it's just figuring out how to get the track to function.

I know, there's track data like George V Paris (paris_rally named) , the game has map btw it doesn't have reflection , same thing for other like SSR5, CSR5, SSR11, etc.
Rome, Hong Kong, Complex String have the map and reflection ( and also a 3d model, as you load it) .. I try to insert other codes than track loader, like reflection, but nothing: the game loads the track, as you can select to Start Race and Exit. But I press Start Race and "FREEZE", a few seconds and my psp turns off :(

As you say, "it's just figuring out how to get the track to function."

xenn, no way for me to load those tracks :( ?

At this point, i'm going to have to ask you to be patient.

Asking me constantly isn't going to make things happen any sooner. I know you want to try these tracks, but I can't make this happen any faster, sorry.

Now the thread is now open again, I'll repeat what I said on TCRF forums regarding the Ferrari barcode:

FMecha (I on TCRF)
Someone [@ferrari gt] over GTPlanet ripped GTPSP car textures. This is the one for Ferrari F2007: http://109.imagebam.com/download/R61BeSs-PHy1pMuWljqaIQ/35132/351312971/car_3.PNG

If you look at Image09054B40_0905BD90.png on the linked picture you can see the controversial barcode (on actual car), which is not in the actual game:

201007181441570.jpg

The barcode is not in GT5P or GT5 either.

Discuss, folks. :)

It's possible bar code scanners may not recognize it, but I think it's worth a shot.

I'll find one for my phone and try it.

A friend of mine ripped Acura HSC for me (which I later converted to NFS3:
_nfs3__acura_hsc__first_beta__by_sirius_r-d7xfe4s.png

The mesh is all mine, as original one 1) was too high poly for the game, lol; 2) had tons of useless garbage and was split into tons of tiny parts, thus FUBAR). What we've noticed is that 1) ripped textures lacked alpha channel 2) all the textures had indexed colors with 16 colors in a palette maximum (hello, 4-bit .TIM textures, we missed ya).

When exploring the game's memory searching for the name "Ferrari", I've also noticed that it listed all Ferraris GT5 had by default, including F40, F43o and SP1. Can't wait to see the game's gt.vol unpacked.

Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37

Now that is what i want to rip!
I can't rip it from GT4 because when you're driving\looking at the car in garage,game draws only visible faces,not all faces together.

Mabye it's possible to do this like replacing Meshes in GT3\GT4?

Latest Posts

Back