Xenn's GT PSP Research Topic

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 248 comments
This is what the final product looks like

This is totally finished and imported car from GTPSP(same version to GT4 and GT5)
It has 54 objects(parts) (But every wheel is 2 objects)
3235 points
4807 trangles(Polygons)
53 textures
53 materials

I also remastered the alpha(Transparent) Layer

See it splitted into it's pieces :)
*Click to open a picture and then click on it again in other window to get full 3000x1800 resolution*

And some WIP shots.

I want to mention,that GT has not only strange alpha layer mask(BTW can you help me?I can restore it,but not on all textures.For example,look at R34's ass.The circles should be transparent,but their colour is the same to other parts of texture)

Gt has a strange UV mapping too.
Just look at the Corvette C5 R,first two images is what I get when i rip the car.
No,uv's are always right,so this can't be an exporting error.
And yes,this texture depends to this part.C5 doesn't have Hood texture.

Also,talking about alpha layers,There's should be alpha layer data on the back black texture(Place of the taillights) But it's a solid black texture.

The next 2 pictures of C5 is what i've done with it so far...

Any ideas?:lol:

The circles should be transparent,but their colour is the same to other parts of texture
I'm afraid you have to make them transparent manually.

o,uv's are always right,so this can't be an exporting error.
Incorrect. The aforementioned HSC's front window had its UV mapping totally screwed up and that wasn't fixable by simply swapping texture to a different one.

Also,talking about alpha layers,There's should be alpha layer data on the back black texture(Place of the taillights) But it's a solid black texture.
My guess is that the alpha channel data is laying somewhere separately from textures. Moreso, that tricky alpha channel doesn't match with particular color(s) in texture's color palette.

@SiriusR
1)I do make them transparent
2)No,all UV's are correct.
I do beleive this is caused by the difference between platforms(PC and PS2) and they had a different solution about uv mapping to save resourses
3)Maybe...

Let's get back on the topic,I'll scan the code now :)

Last edited:
Yeah,the barcode makes no sense:lol:

Mabye you know some cars,which are familliar to GT series history like supra(PolyS writing on textures) and GT-R (Kaz's first car?)

We can get their textures and find out something interesting i beleive...:odd:

Gotta disagree with you on UV mapping part. If C5.R's hood indeed is using a plain texture, just like HSC's hood, HSC's front window textures (both interior and exterior ones) have quite visible frames on top and left side, so it has to be the ripping error... or PD's modellers changed their mind and used a plain texture for front window indeed, making me a dipstick.

And some WIP shots.

I want to mention,that GT has not only strange alpha layer mask(BTW can you help me?I can restore it,but not on all textures.For example,look at R34's ass.The circles should be transparent,but their colour is the same to other parts of texture)

Gt has a strange UV mapping too.
Just look at the Corvette C5 R,first two images is what I get when i rip the car.
No,uv's are always right,so this can't be an exporting error.
And yes,this texture depends to this part.C5 doesn't have Hood texture.

The next 2 pictures of C5 is what i've done with it so far...

Any ideas?:lol:
ARGHHH!!! The textures are strange! :scared:

Remember LM cars Polyphony digital did by themselves?
(i mean non-real ones with GT logos)

They have some names on boards,and i wonder if theese are devs or famous racers:)
*example
This picture is from Altezza LM Race Car, right?

So,I do remember you,guys,can swap car bodies somehow :)
(Like you do in gt3\gt4)

So if the Auto Union V16 really left in the game files,can someone please get it working?
If you need to run the game on PC you can use JPCSP and look trough the memory like in GT3\GT4

It would be awesome if you can find it,and even more awesome,(if we sucseed of course) if someone will make a save file or tell me what to do to get it on a screen:)👍

@Xenn can you help us?:lol:

So,I do remember you,guys,can swap car bodies somehow :)
(Like you do in gt3\gt4)

So if the Auto Union V16 really left in the game files,can someone please get it working?
If you need to run the game on PC you can use JPCSP and look trough the memory like in GT3\GT4

It would be awesome if you can find it,and even more awesome,(if we sucseed of course) if someone will make a save file or tell me what to do to get it on a screen:)👍

@Xenn can you help us?:lol:
Are secret cars which didn't make to final game of GT PSP?

Cars that have data, but (some) bodies have been removed.

0000031E: Aston Martin Vanquish '04
00000403: DMC DeLorean S2 '04
00000406: Ford Model T Tourer `15
0000040A: Toyota MR2 V Edition (J) '02
0000040C: Toyota MR2 S Edition (J) '99
00000410: Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
00000413: Daihatsu Midget `63
0000041A: Honda HONDA S2000 Type V '03
0000041C: Nissan 350Z 35th Anniversary (Z33) '05
00000421: Mazda MX-Crossport Concept '05
00000428: Hyundai Click Type-R `04
00000429: Peugeot 905 Race Car '92
0000042A: Peugeot 905 Race Car '92 (Bizarrely two entries for the 905)

There may be some errors here (Some cars do exist, but oddly not showing up, but this is what i've seen so far.)

I'll edit this later once I continue this later on tomorrow.

Last edited:
Nice to see you back in the research Xenn 👍

And looking at the list, aren't some of those cars already in the game (DeLorean, MR2, GT LM, S2000, MX-Crossport, 905)?

Nice to see you back in the research Xenn 👍

And looking at the list, aren't some of those cars already in the game (DeLorean, MR2, GT LM, S2000, MX-Crossport, 905)?

Indeed they are, i'm trying to figure why they don't appear in the game with my methods of loading stuff. I'll be working on it some today, so i'll be sure to fix that.

And is there's an Auto Union left in files, @Xenn ?

Nothing so far, i'm still working on the list of cars, then i'll find what's removed.

Indeed they are, i'm trying to figure why they don't appear in the game with my methods of loading stuff. I'll be working on it some today, so i'll be sure to fix that.
Scince i don't know your methods and what you're using,this programm has theese tools running in real time.

What I think is that they might be different color models of the cars that just weren't added in the final game.

Still in the process of finding what was removed, but I can confirm the following cars so far don't exist in the game:

Aston Martin Vanquish '04
Hyundai Click Type-R `04
Daihatsu Midget `63
Ford Model T Tourer '15
Hyundai Click Type-R '04
Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37
MX-5 '05

I think it's a safe bet to say the special cars in GT4 don't exist in the PSP game, but i'll see if that's true soon.

Back