Xenn's GT PSP Research Topic

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 248 comments
Yeah, these are the only black cars available, anyway all my discoveries about unused cars are there.

https://tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_(PlayStation_Portable)#Unused_Car_Color_Scheme

Of course, they work on a race too:

unknown.png

Can you swap the base 787B with the Black one instead of the Citroen GT?

It could be possible, but the problem is that the black one appears only if you're able to change the color. Since the 787b have only one color, we should try to find a way to add another color.

Ahh ok! What about those black/special colour cars? Are you just using codes to replace cars in the dealers with those certain models and the special colours load?

These special color cars are available on Gran Turismo 4 by winning certain events: after that, that special color will be available on dealerships after normal colors selection. When PD ported all cars from GT4, special colors were ported but got unused.
For example, Citroen 2CV has only two grey colors: .

On GT4 after winning a special event, a pink color will appear.
On GT PSP, only the two grey color are available. If the car body is swapped with a car that have more than two colors, the third will be pink one.

Hope that I explained in a good way :)

If the car body is swapped with a car that have more than two colors, the third will be pink one.
In GT4 there's a glitch (that is probably well known) that is quite similar to this:

In Arcade Mode, special colours can't be selected. However, if the car next to it has more colours available than the one you want to choose, you can glitch the game.

Highlight the car with more colours and select it and move to the other car in the same frame. The car will be the one you wanted but the game will think it was the other one. The colour choice will be that of the other car and if it has more choices than colours, the colours after the original car's final official colour will be special colours. They'll also have the colour name of a BMW.

Similarly, this glitch can be used to drive cars on rally tracks that normally couldn't be used, like the Audi R8.

In GT4 there's a glitch (that is probably well known) that is quite similar to this:

In Arcade Mode, special colours can't be selected. However, if the car next to it has more colours available than the one you want to choose, you can glitch the game.

Highlight the car with more colours and select it and move to the other car in the same frame. The car will be the one you wanted but the game will think it was the other one. The colour choice will be that of the other car and if it has more choices than colours, the colours after the original car's final official colour will be special colours. They'll also have the colour name of a BMW.

Similarly, this glitch can be used to drive cars on rally tracks that normally couldn't be used, like the Audi R8.

Do you have a video of this glitch??
Still, It cannot be done on GT PSP. The only way that could work, without swapping bodies, is to add extra color with cheats.

Last edited:
This is done on an emulator but it shows how it works.

This can be used to get cars that normally couldn't be used on rally courses onto them. While it doesn't show how to get secret colours in Arcade Mode, it shows why it works:

When you change cars on the same frame, the game knows you've changed cars: that's why the game showed the logos for the RX7. However, the car's colours are that of the Solstice, hence the orange. Scrolling through the colours (if the car has more than one colour) work as normal (as for names of the colours, I'll need to check).

If you had a car that had 4 colours (a, b, c and d) and a car with 6 (a-f), the colours would be the same up until e, where the last 'different' colour would be selected. These colours would have the name of a BMW as a placeholder, like Acura NSX '91 in GTS. Here's where things get interesting though - if the 4-colour car had a fifth colour (x) that isn't normally shown - like the secret colours - that one would be selected and can be used.

Going back to the rally, the normally banned car will be treated as one that isn't, and the game will put Dirt or Snow tires on the car, forgetting it's banned.

This glitch can be used to get the black LMPs in Arcade as well as the secret colours.

If you have the Auto Union Type C Streamline in your garage, it can be used in Split Screen mode by selecting it from your garage. Therefore you can drive it on any track. #TheMoreYouKnow

These special color cars are available on Gran Turismo 4 by winning certain events: after that, that special color will be available on dealerships after normal colors selection. When PD ported all cars from GT4, special colors were ported but got unused.
For example, Citroen 2CV has only two grey colors: .

On GT4 after winning a special event, a pink color will appear.
On GT PSP, only the two grey color are available. If the car body is swapped with a car that have more than two colors, the third will be pink one.

Hope that I explained in a good way :)
Hey! Thanks but I knew this already, what I was trying to get at was how you "swapped the body" as I don't have a code to body swap. I only have a code to allow you to purchase any car from Panoz.

Hey! Thanks but I knew this already, what I was trying to get at was how you "swapped the body" as I don't have a code to body swap. I only have a code to allow you to purchase any car from Panoz.

How does this code works ?

Please: Can someone make a tutorial for the "Change day" Cheat? Because everytime i do that in the game, it crashes. I'm using the PAL version of the game...

Please: Can someone make a tutorial for the "Change day" Cheat? Because everytime i do that in the game, it crashes. I'm using the PAL version of the game...
That means you are using the wrong code. i had the PAL code somewhere but I'm not sure I still do.

Does anyone hav a save game with the black lmp cars on psp?

I used magic save on my hacked ps vita to load my psp save file, so I have all my cars from my psp system on my vita.

Do the black cars pop up in the psp dearship on day 600 like in gt4?

Does anyone hav a save game with the black lmp cars on psp?

I used magic save on my hacked ps vita to load my psp save file, so I have all my cars from my psp system on my vita.

Do the black cars pop up in the psp dearship on day 600 like in gt4?
Do you have the Special Color model cars in your save?

Special color vehicles use another car model , that's why it's easy to get them; black color scheme instead is just an extra unselectable color.
Maybe there's a way to buy these cars with this extra color, but I don't know how we can do that.

In GT4 all the special colors were, just like black cars, just an additional unselectable color. Pretty sure it's the same in GTpsp, but they go fully unused.

Thought I'd pop this in:

Can you extract and edit the navigation sounds, menu music and the pre/post race music? That would be cool. Playing GT PSP with GT3 menu sounds would be awesome!

Thought I'd pop this in:

Can you extract and edit the navigation sounds, menu music and the pre/post race music? That would be cool. Playing GT PSP with GT3 menu sounds would be awesome!

That would be cool , but sadly that's not possible. At least until there's a chance to extract the VOL file.

Aren't PSP files different from the PSX/PS2? I think PSP files are named EBOOT or something. Could they have a VOL file in them?
Eboots much like ELFs are the game Executables. Only the .VOL has the game database information within it, which we don't have access to at this point in time.

Latest Posts

Back