Xenn's GT PSP Research Topic

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 248 comments
Cars that have data, but (some) bodies have been removed.

0000031E: Aston Martin Vanquish '04
00000403: DMC DeLorean S2 '04
00000406: Ford Model T Tourer `15
0000040A: Toyota MR2 V Edition (J) '02
0000040C: Toyota MR2 S Edition (J) '99
00000410: Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
00000413: Daihatsu Midget `63
0000041A: Honda HONDA S2000 Type V '03
0000041C: Nissan 350Z 35th Anniversary (Z33) '05
00000421: Mazda MX-Crossport Concept '05
00000428: Hyundai Click Type-R `04
00000429: Peugeot 905 Race Car '92
0000042A: Peugeot 905 Race Car '92 (Bizarrely two entries for the 905)

There may be some errors here (Some cars do exist, but oddly not showing up, but this is what i've seen so far.)

I'll edit this later once I continue this later on tomorrow.

I absolutely forgot to ask about the diablo,maybe this car is still sitting there?

Hi! I'm new here.. and actually I found something for the tracks.. the Beginner's Course have a big unused place that reminds me the Gymkhana course.. it's possible that this are for the Gymkhana track?

gymkhana_maybe.PNG

gymkhana_form_birdview_maybe.PNG

Edit: Actually, I looked the Gymkhana track in Gran Turismo 4, and the only thing around that is some hills. Maybe I should try the track in GT PSP (when I get the track modifyer codes to work) to see if anything is around it or just only the hills. I will post it, if I find anything.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if you can add more AI cars like someone did in GT2.

Adding more AI cars? I'm not good at these, but if the car entries for a race are in lined codes, then increasing the length of the code might be a very good or very bad idea.. But if it works I think it only can be done on an emulator... but if i said something unuseful, then sorry... also, who increased the AI cars on GT2? It would awesome fun to drive against 8 cars on Test Course

It was either in the GT1 research topic or GT2.

Thanks, I will have a look at it.

Also,it's possible, that the night tracks removed due to their car model requirements? Because every car got models for every daytime... at least for the first few titles..

Here it is:

Thanks!! The only thing i need to do now is to make the game working... i hope it works... also, when i find the debug camera codes for the us version of GT PSP, i will have a look around the Gymkhana course, because.. it doesn't worked very well in GT4.. But still, thank you!

Edit: i don't found codes yet (i know that 8-10 mins aren't a lot), but i giltched the game to show up a Driving Park logo for the gymkhana track

Last edited:
I tried to load the codes for Rome, Complex String and Honk Kong. Those 3 tracks will crash everytime my psp. Also tried to load with an emulator but the same result :/ How did Xenn made this track works?

I don't know if I can ask something like this, but there is any chance that someone make a .vol extractor for GT PSP? Or there are any existing ways of getting files from the .vol file?

I don't know if I can ask something like this, but there is any chance that someone make a .vol extractor for GT PSP? Or there are any existing ways of getting files from the .vol file?

I don't know, If Gran Turismo PSP uses the same architecture as GT4 , maybe you can use a GT4 vol extractor :).

I need to find a way to load those three tracks I mentioned above ( Rome, Complex String , Hong Kong ) , psp refuse to load it, emulator crash itself... Is Xeen some kind of magician :P ??

Seriously, hope we can find a specific way to make them not crash.

Complex String! !!

After 2 hours of tries , I finally made those 3 tracks work. Funny thing is that today I couldn't load anything.

As you can see, AI can drive on the track, and replay camera is the same as GT3's one.

How did I made them work?? Many, many, many trial and error.

Don't know if any of you thinked about this, but I don't saw it so I write it. Early GT titles like 1, 2, 3 and 4 use different models for different times (2 in GT1/2 and 3 in GT3/4). That means if PD added night tracks, they had to add at extra textures for night and extra models for cars with pop-up headlights (RX-7 for example) and this need more space. Still, I have no idea why they added extra models for cars that doesn't have pop-ups. And this might be the reason why Hong Kong and all night tracks are missing.

Ok, so I was digging in the textures for the Ford XR8 Falcon Race Car, & in one of those files, I saw the Seton & Crompton wordings that was placed on the car on its debut in GT3.
Here's the file in question:

Attachments

• 090dc4a0570447f6b2dc5f69.png
    090dc4a0570447f6b2dc5f69.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 37
Don't know if any of you thinked about this, but I don't saw it so I write it. Early GT titles like 1, 2, 3 and 4 use different models for different times (2 in GT1/2 and 3 in GT3/4). That means if PD added night tracks, they had to add at extra textures for night and extra models for cars with pop-up headlights (RX-7 for example) and this need more space. Still, I have no idea why they added extra models for cars that doesn't have pop-ups. And this might be the reason why Hong Kong and all night tracks are missing.

Hong Kong exist , it only doesn't load on real hardware . Check the video I posted before :)

Last edited:
I know, i mean that the reason why night tracks are cut (or became only available with cheats) could be that.

I think they simply doesn't like how those tracks could be on the psp, that's why they scrapped it .
Excluding the hidden one's like rome, hong kong , complex string , smokey mountain north , (they're glitched) , the rest's of other tracks like Route 5 , Route 11 , or George V Paris ( only name and map are present ) could mean that they try to put them in the game but simply they don't like how they looks on psp.

I wonder if GT PSP has hidden cars, I remember that in some e3 videos I can see "autobianchi" logo.

I just noticed that they blurred out advertisement on the Audi A4 Touring Car. Anyone know what it was?

Back