Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments
Here i am,first time in this topic,but with some news :)

i actually can import any car from GT2 (i think you know)
and now my point is GT3
GT3 is my lovely game in the series by the way,so theese exclusive cars will be first:3

2xf9.png
[/IMG]

hwp1.png
[/IMG]

dcfg.png
[/IMG]

tq7o.png
[/IMG]

dpub.png
[/IMG]

xj0d.png
[/IMG]

jbkx.png
[/IMG]

so,i tried some ways to rip them,but guess what-nothing:D
i just need a little help to explain me,what should i do :)
i'm using this tutorialhttp://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9398 but my files are 0 kb size(files are capturing,but they don't have anything inside)

and one more thing,they built with GT2 technics(the same inside structure)(sorry for crappy images:nervous:)

7ekm.png
[/IMG]

448b.png
[/IMG]

so that's for the 3D models(if you explain me this,i can even import all tracks:3 )

as for the textures,i used the same 3D ripper dx and texmod,but textures are weird...let me explain you,they are just 1 pixel line with colours or a simple black image.

so,i need help with getting textures out too:rolleyes:

so,little help is all i need,please,explain me everything,because it seems,that my english is not good enough,and maybe i'm missing something...

Gran Turismo 3 uses a weird method to render their cars. You can get their textures, yes, but the models are harder to get.

There was a method of getting them, but the site escapes me right now.

Gran Turismo 3 uses a weird method to render their cars. You can get their textures, yes, but the models are harder to get.

There was a method of getting them, but the site escapes me right now.

hmmmm...are you talking about this tutorial? :)

http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/Gran+Turismo+3

yes,it's weird:odd:
as i know,ps2 renders them without z local (i mean,every time model is flat,but still 3D(what a wierd did i just said:D ) )

Well,how can i grab textures?:sly:

I remember Castrol finding this:
Do you know what 'course_sample001' could be?.

And markuza replying... like this:
Where the fu** did you find course_sample001?

Then I thought of the GT3 Demo. When on the track select menu in the demo, there is a blue-ish map showing how the track you want to select looks like. I may be wrong though, it could be Seattle from GT2000. Or some sort of. Maybe tracks were originally going to have a small preview of the track instead of showing cars driving on it. Here:
dghf_zps0a20f30c.png

2_zps4608b85d.png

It's weird that the GT3 trailer seems to show parts from the ops2m demo and a edited GT2000. Another thing about the early trailer is that the car reflections seem to be more bright than the original game.

It's weird that the GT3 trailer seems to show parts from the ops2m demo and a edited GT2000. Another thing about the early trailer is that the car reflections seem to be more bright than the original game.

It is not the exact OPS2M demo though. It seems from a different build. Oh, and the Seattle in the trailer seems from an later GT2000 build - remember the planned "cloudy Seattle" thing?

Brighter reflections, I agree. Perhaps why the Impreza Rally Car is bluish than in the final. ;)

It is not the exact OPS2M demo though. It seems from a different build. Oh, and the Seattle in the trailer seems from an later GT2000 build - remember the planned "cloudy Seattle" thing?

Brighter reflections, I agree. Perhaps why the Impreza Rally Car is bluish than in the final. ;)

I used the terms GT2000, and OPS2M to clarify a quick gather up from the builds in the demo. I know that the 'foggy' seattle is not related to GT2000 but it has the same model from it which is different to the one in GT3.

there were lots of ps2 game companies which must all have known how to sign games for the ps2. so why do we not know how to do it? (i want to know so i can play demos from the internet not pirated games)

hmmmm...are you talking about this tutorial? :)

http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/Gran+Turismo+3

yes,it's weird:odd:
as i know,ps2 renders them without z local (i mean,every time model is flat,but still 3D(what a wierd did i just said:D ) )

Well,how can i grab textures?:sly:

Yep, that's the page. I remember it now.

--------------------------

In other news.

I'm in the process of dissecting the Simulation mode's event structure. You might hear about any possible beta events soon.

I can try porting the events from the OPS2M demo and see what happens.

I'm not expecting much differences, but it's worth a shot.

anyone know anything about evo6_wrc_99_special? it's in Gt3gedit and seem identical to the regular evo 6 wrc except for a different price. 1200000 instead of 300000 and it's number 34 instead of 93. haven't tested it yet.

anyone know anything about evo6_wrc_99_special? it's in Gt3gedit and seem identical to the regular evo 6 wrc except for a different price. 1200000 instead of 300000 and it's number 34 instead of 93. haven't tested it yet.

I have know idea but I will have a look later.

yeah, the blue gt-r at seattle looks like that as well at the back.

hey, the vette c5r's file is "corvette_cr5_00"

Last edited:
How's the converting stuff going?

At the moment, rather slow. But from what i've found so far, nothing was scrapped so far.

In other news, acquired another GT3 demo and have found some rather interesting things in there.

SMOKEYSOUTH_zps16f16bdb.png

The true Smokey Mountain South before it got changed to Swiss Alps.

In previous demos, while that map was used, the track was ultimately Swiss Alps. Here it hasn't been changed.

At the moment, rather slow. But from what i've found so far, nothing was scrapped so far.

In other news, acquired another GT3 demo and have found some rather interesting things in there.

SMOKEYSOUTH_zps16f16bdb.png

The true Smokey Mountain South before it got changed to Swiss Alps.

In previous demos, while that map was used, the track was ultimately Swiss Alps. Here it hasn't been changed.
Now I want a video :D

Wow! Smokey Mountain South! It's been a long time since I've seen that track. I'm surprised that there's an upscale version of it :eek:

Back