Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments
Wait. I don't remember anyone saying that Greenforest Roadway was going to be in GT3. Can you give me some info?
I was honestly just guessing what the guy asking about the Green Forest roadway course said exactly. Anyway, I could've swore I've heard about Green Forest Roadway being in GT3 at some point. Either in this thread or somewhere else.
Although, I haven't been on this thread in a while; I could have just been thinking of smokey mountain south.

you wouldn't be thinking of smt south, i've never heard of it in gt3 besides recently.

pikes peak in gt3'd be cool. Doesn't seem that gt3 had the infrastructure for point to point though, might not require any extra code to work apart from 2 start/finish lines though

Okey in regards to researching GT3, several things I must ask is:

1. Can somebody please post a link to the GT3 VOL extactor? Can't find it anywhere when I search. :guilty:

2. Has anyone managed to port car/tracks from the GT3 demo to the full version?

3. Has anyone tried porting stuff to the actual disk itself?

Okey in regards to researching GT3, several things I must ask is:

1. Can somebody please post a link to the GT3 VOL extactor? Can't find it anywhere when I search. :guilty:

2. Has anyone managed to port car/tracks from the GT3 demo to the full version?

3. Has anyone tried porting stuff to the actual disk itself?

1. I have it. If you want it, I can give it to you.

2. We have managed porting from GTC2002 to GT3, it may be doable.

3. I don't get this question. If you mean change some things completely, like adding a map, then no. It isn't possible.

1. I have it. If you want it, I can give it to you.

2. We have managed porting from GTC2002 to GT3, it may be doable.

3. I don't get this question. If you mean change some things completely, like adding a map, then no. It isn't possible.
1. Yes please do! :bowdown: I am wanting to do this car porting and I really need it!

2. It is, the only thing stopping us is we don't know the hex data for any tracks or cars for porting, it is of course in a .VOL file or whatever the demo uses, but I am not sure if there is an extractor that can extract them or not. We can still do it without any extractors of course but it would be very tedious.

3. I am talking about the physical disc itself and if it is possible to port cars or tracks to it and play it on a real Playstation 2. Should have specified more. :ouch:

1. Yes please do! :bowdown: I am wanting to do this car porting and I really need it!

2. It is, the only thing stopping us is we don't know the hex data for any tracks or cars for porting, it is of course in a .VOL file or whatever the demo uses, but I am not sure if there is an extractor that can extract them or not. We can still do it without any extractors of course but it would be very tedious.

3. I am talking about the physical disc itself and if it is possible to port cars or tracks to it and play it on a real Playstation 2. Should have specified more. :ouch:

Once modifying a original disc will never allow you to change the car back, unless you change it to another one. I have already made discs of Modified gt3 discs, the best way is to burn your gt3 disc and then modify it. Once you have passes this stage you can run the game on a soft modded PS2 or use swap magic.

Hello guys, it's been a long time :)...
I was wondering about car colors. Anybody knows how to change them?

I filled "database\carcolor.db" and "database\carcolor.sdb" with "00" but colors are still working when racing, but you can't pick a color in car selection...

Last edited:
Hello guys, it's been a long time
I was wondering about car colors. Anybody knows how to change them?

I filled "database\carcolor.db" and "database\carcolor.sdb" with "00" but colors are still working when racing, but you can't pick a color in car selection...

You've been away for a while :), anyway you mean that you can change a colour of a racing car, or any car by using the stock codes in the disc? And do you know where to access that shine thing where your car goes really shiny, I also have seen a chrome lupo race car.

Do you have any links or pictures? All I founded was shiny cars but no custom colors :(

Here's a 'Loopy lupo' created by 'daan' and 'famine', this car didn't come in a chrome like colour so i think this is like what your after. I'm sure daan and famine remember this.

luposm.jpg

No no no, that's normal car color with shiny/chrome code (GT3gEdit). I can make that but I want to use my own colors (Example from Vice City Stories - I replaced FBI Rancher's color with Veronica Purple and Sabre Turbo's color with Blue Ultramarine)

8K8tqny.png

No no no, that's normal car color with shiny/chrome code (GT3gEdit). I can make that but I want to use my own colors (Example from Vice City Stories - I replaced FBI Rancher's color with Veronica Purple and Sabre Turbo's color with Blue Ultramarine)

8K8tqny.png

Not sure how to make it work, I remember changing the colour of a police car from black and white to red and blue in San Andreas, there must be a way to do it in gt3 but how?, what if you open gt3gedit and open a car file and change the colour code to something else, this might work or if you want to make your own figure some hex code colours and add them in by replacing the existing colour code in a car file.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like the Diablo GT was going to make an official appearance at some point. I was looking at the GT3 website when I found this, under the Professional League:

Untitled.png

Here's a few early GT3 images from its GT2000 days.
The graphics really remind me of sega GT.

gt2000_fst14-143280_640w.jpg

gt2000_fst12-143278_640w.jpg

gt2000_fst6-143272_640w.jpg

gt_ects19-180610_640w.jpg

i32-184890_640w.jpg

gt_ects11-180602_640w.jpg
Anyone notice a green stratos on the 4th screen shot? Also someone on youtube named gtcomplete rip the background of gran turismo 2000
The main menu:

Normal and drift comparison :

If someone already posted this. I'm sorry. Some videos doesen't seem to appear or playable.

Here's a 'Loopy lupo' created by 'daan' and 'famine', this car didn't come in a chrome like colour so i think this is like what your after. I'm sure daan and famine remember this.

luposm.jpg
If someone could ask Famine and/or daan to chime in this conversation, they may have some hidden pieces to share.

Sorry if I might be off topic, but I just wanna show you guys my Game. Most of its based on the Gran Turismo series, especially the third one. I'ts still being made, the graphics will be better, if i'm finished with it I might publish it online, or the play store/app store. I felt like creating a racing game with my own imagination but I thought about Gran Turismo. Hope you guys like it. :)

Early version of the modes (Mostly based on GT2)

Unfdeftitled.jpg

Just a free mode

Unfdseftitled.png

A quick menu (based on gt3)

Unfdsfftitled.png

Car selection menu (based on GT3)

Unfeftitled.png

Speed test mode (Based on GT3)

Untidstled.png

Sorry if I might be off topic, but I just wanna show you guys my Game. Most of its based on the Gran Turismo series, especially the third one. I'ts still being made, the graphics will be better, if i'm finished with it I might publish it online, or the play store/app store. I felt like creating a racing game with my own imagination but I thought about Gran Turismo. Hope you guys like it. :)

Early version of the modes (Mostly based on GT2)

Unfdeftitled.jpg

Just a free mode

Unfdseftitled.png

A quick menu (based on gt3)

Unfdsfftitled.png

Car selection menu (based on GT3)

Unfeftitled.png

Speed test mode (Based on GT3)

Untidstled.png
Looks great keep up the good work.

Latest Posts

Back