Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments
Those wheels...is it amphibious?

They're placeholder rims, they appear on cars that aren't finished yet.

[Youtube]8X6CQTBOBX8[/media]

Here's the F1 car in the final game.

It's awfully hard to drive, so using hybrid codes to change some parts might make it easier to drive.

Last edited:
They're placeholder rims, they appear on cars that aren't finished yet.

[Youtube]8X6CQTBOBX8[/media]

Here's the F1 car in the final game.

It's awfully hard to drive, so using hybrid codes to change some parts might make it easier to drive.

Great :D , btw the car has lights and when it's far away the game shows a honda s2000 :confused:

i understand... try to find the alfa 156 :D

listen i ask you on youtube a code for gran turismo 2, when you have time can you answer me?

I just added it to my cheats topic, check the first post under "Euro Demo 87".

Great :D , btw the car has lights and when it's far away the game shows a honda s2000 :confused:

I'd say that'll be because it was probably based off the Spoon S2000, which explains why there's lights on the roof.

Great work Xenn, I can't wait for more. :D:P

NSTC "Sample" Cars (Excuse the poor image quality.)
dBxZa.jpg

rlm9y.jpg

b4UpP.jpg

3B1gI.jpg

bgksj.jpg

11DeE.jpg

PH7PW.jpg

Here's that McLaren MP4/15 in the NSTC copy of GT3.
eh6a7.jpg

Another that I found to be quite interesting.
y28Un.jpg

YmIdy.jpg

Cerbera bodies? A jacked up RX7? Weird Acura RSX bodies? I love the weirdo stuff that's hidden in the GT games.

Great thread! Awesome finds, keep it up! đź‘Ť

The files could still be on the GT5 disc, i'm not sure as I don't have a BD-ROM drive yet.

Well, the files have to be installed onto the HDD from the disc, so they are present on the disc. In fact, there is a roughly 14 GB sized "GT5.VOL" file on the root of the BD-ROM that should be similar to the VOLs used in previous games. Hope you can stick your nose into that as well :)

What's with those orbs over the Acura's roofs? I guess that they may have been used in order to test the paint of the cars.

And how about the "Nissan" and "Mitsubishi" plates near the cars? Those make no sense. Again, maybe to test the paints of the cars?

Yeah, I think it's to test the colors. For example, the white RSX with the 'Mitsubishi' plate next to it, has the color 'Scotia White'. And this color is also used on cars from Mitsubishi.
This Sample 010 open-wheeler looks kinda interesting. :)

The Cerberas look quite interesting. Did they have some purpose or were they simply excluded content?

Ah yes, I remember those Sample cars. In the Japanese version they're pretty much identical.

The Cerbera cars are rather unfinished as they lack brake lights and only have a short view distance (They disappear if zoomed out at a certain distance).

The think the small circles above those RS-X cars are possibly to test reflections, though i'm not completely certain.

Complete list of other hidden cars:

_156_st_00: Alfa 156 Race Car (Body/Logos/Icons present)

clubsport_r8_00: HSV Clubsport R8 (No Body/Logos/Icons present)

db7_vantage_coupe_01: Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe 2001 (Logos present)

delta_hf_integrale_00: Lancia Delta HF Integrale (No Body/Logos/Icons present)

eb110_00: Bugatti EB110 (No Body/Logos/Icons present)

eb18_4_veyron_00: Bugatti EB 18/4 Veyron (No Body/Logos/Icons present)

r50_00: Unknown? (Anyone know what this could be?)

rx_evolv_00: Mazda RX-Evolution? (Not looked into yet)

R50 could be the mini cooper maybe. Then again wasnt the mini in the game? Its been like 10 years since I've played GT3.

RX-evolve was the RX8 concept right?

The RX-Evolv was the RX-8 concept before the one that is in GT3. It was designed as a proof of concept for the Renesis engine.

Last edited:
I take by what you posted this "Bugatti" doesn't exist?

If there's no body loaded, I would assume that's the case i'm afraid. But it wouldn't hurt to try and see if any kind of part exists for it.

Is it possible to load these up on MK's tool?

MK's garage editor doesn't have those cars. Maybe because the data for these cars weren't found at the time it was made.

Looking at the Sample001 McLaren car, I looked it further and it has number 8 and Bridgestone logo, making the car a 1998 McLaren MP4-13. ;)

R50 could be the mini cooper maybe. Then again wasnt the mini in the game?

Indeed, but the old one, searched R50 and Wikpedia told me it could be: An old nissan Pathfinder, the new Mini (for that time) or a Touareg, I'd bet it's the Mini though.

Any news on the Bugatti Xenn?

Also, don't search for the RX-EVOLV:
1.jpg

đź‘Ž:yuck::crazy::scared::ouch:

Indeed, but the old one, searched R50 and Wikpedia told me it could be: An old nissan Pathfinder, the new Mini (for that time) or a Touareg, I'd bet it's the Mini though.

Any news on the Bugatti Xenn?

Also, don't search for the RX-EVOLV:

đź‘Ž:yuck::crazy::scared::ouch:

Nothing on the bugatti yet i'm afraid.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like GT3 may have kept the original layout of SSR11 at some point:

SSR11.png

Last edited:
Back