Xenn's GT4 Research Topic

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 505 comments
EncounterGTR has started going through the Prius Trial Version, and is finding hidden tracks.

logo01.png

Here's Tokyo R246, which remains unchanged from GT3 / GT Concept. (At least from what I could see.)

Hey guys I recently got the other Toyota Demo, and I was wrong. The Prius Demo and the Toyota Demo are slightly different to each other. It instead has Gallons Usage and the notorious MPG thing. I have yet to take pictures of the game yet from my Roxio, but I can't do anything yet until I get the necessary stuff for my PC, which will be awhile.

After about a week, EncounterGTR is back with another city track in the Prius Trial Version:

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_logo07.png

For some reason it has a more cloudy setting here, I don't remember that setting in the final game. The start / finish markings are missing here also, and a few advertising boards are different. Other than that, I don't really have much to say.

Nice, which version of the Toyota disc do you have?

I had the NTSC-U but couldn't find much.
It's SLUS-97384, but it did have a lot courses from what I found, including GT4 photo locations.

Edit: Does anyone know the Prius name that changes the car body in the demo? I could only find prius_g_touring_03.

Last edited:
It's SLUS-97384, but it did have a lot courses from what I found, including GT4 photo locations.

Sweet! Looking forward

I think I had the same disc but couldn't make the tracks work, but I bought the NTSC-J GT4 Prologue.

Does anyone know the Prius name that changes the car body in the demo? I could only find prius_g_touring_03.

It should be Ty000X (Referring to String values) or something, you may need to look through the car list using the Vol Extractor. Type in a Ty000X (End number depends on car) in the cheat engines address menu and you will find the code.

I did find the car value names of the two Toyota cars that are on the demo. Here they are:

tyt0008 - Prius
tyt0030 - Toyota Open Wheel Race Car

The problem now is that a lot of the cars that are missing have no bodies.

I did find the car value names of the two Toyota cars that are on the demo. Here they are:

tyt0008 - Prius
tyt0030 - Toyota Open Wheel Race Car

The problem now is that a lot of the cars that are missing have no bodies.
IIRC, in this demo most of the car except the 2 you mentioned above have all missing bodies.
The same goes for the track.

Here is the other Grand Canyon, the one from GT4 is already complete..
View attachment 631122
And here's the same track on the Prius Trial Version:

I believe it's the same on the E3 '03 footage, as well as GT4 Prologue. I think this is what Polyphony intended for Grand Canyon to originally look like. I believe it mostly looks the same on the final version, albeit with some different advertising boards, but I'm not sure since I never really played GT4 that much.

@Doomotron Different than GT3's. The parts of the track that have the road lines are from the GT3 version, and the other, unfinished parts are the basis for GT4 onwards version of G.V. Speedway.

Very interesting to see how they made changes. I'm curious, what happens if you go into the hole on the right when entering the first tunnel? Also, is the ground solid when driving on places that weren't meant to be drivable on GT3? Or are GT4's hitboxes already implemented? :)

Am I lacking updates to this thread? I just happen to find out that the mythical Gunma Cycle Sports Centre is fully modeled, and that someone managed to rip it off of GT4.

index.php

index.php

index.php

I don't know whether if linking downloads are against the AUP, so I won't put it here until someone tells me the all clear.

I'd like to ask about this track. Has anyone managed to load it in GT4 yet?
Also, I recall a video in which someone ported a Tourist Trophy track into GT4, but I can't recall from where it was.

Back