Xenn's GT4 Research Topic

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 505 comments
SVX

New video - a lot of content in this!

Everything looks similar to GT4 and GT4 Prologue until near the end....Holy **** I didn't except to see a massive difference in the GT Mode GUI menu. Not only the Menus looked different in GT mode but I noticed several icons that shows "paint"...Etc.

That's interesting.

I'm guessing some of you probably know already but this might be the beta/placeholder for the main screen background. The Helmet visor seems to show parts of George V Paris before it switches to Citta di Aria and then loops the clip again.

Beta:
upload_2017-12-17_0-17-31.png

Final:
upload_2017-12-17_0-18-11.png

EDIT:
Thinking about it, it could be simply the one used for the 2004 E3 event. At the start of video that @SVX shared, you would notice that one of the screen from the background that are reflected on the TV show's a rather similar background menu but with the GT logo and menu selection (i guess?) on.

Last edited:
Question, is there any possible way to extract all of the files from the game? such as tracks? I'm thinking about doing something with it.

I don't think anyone has found anything about extracting from GT4.. I know Xenn has recently been able to extract sounds, but his hard drive just gave out and he's currently waiting for the replacement to arrive.

Woot! Things happen here sometimes!
So, it took 3 days, but me and Xenn have compiled a list of (possibly) all car sounds present on GT4 PAL's disc.
And it's a doozy. 729 cars, 400-ish used sounds and...
cue in GT4's prize music drumroll
499 unused sounds!

I'll record a (very long) video of them all eventually. But for now, here's a google document you all can check if you're interested:

Last edited:
Yeah I saw, I was trying to fix it while you came xD
I used a roundabout way, this should work. (edited the post)

EDIT2: fixed it~

Last edited:
Where did you find it? Nice find tho.

Unrelated but i like how they used that Polyphony Digital 747 from GT Concept as the background for both the beta and final versions of the Photo Travel.

I was just scrolling through Google images. :D

We do, just don't want to say it on GTP. Kinda like searching through the live hex addresses and altering them that way.
I see. But anyway! I have a video about the hidden cars I’ve found in the PAL version. This is a two parter since I have found some more. Right now. The first parts being rendered

I believe some of those cars were found, also the RX-8 LM has a secret color if I remember correctly.
That’s right, but none of those cars have been driven before on YouTube. And some of those cars seem to be more developed on the PAL version, I actually have a second part in the works as well

Back