Xenn's GT4 Research Topic

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 505 comments
I was searching for the beta logo's and I found something interesting :
bandicam_2016_11_17_22_55_45_182.jpg

The small M3 GTR car icon has a different colour scheme.
As you can see it's very similar to the final one.

bmw_small_1.jpg

So I tried to recreate this beta colour scheme with Photoshop, to see how it could look.

bmw_beta.jpg

Fantastic work, it also looks better than the original scheme! If only the lights weren't yellow, I don't like this touch on the Camaro LM either.

Shame they dropped additional colours option on some race cars, in GT5 and GT6 lobbies this would add decent diversity for players who race with two or three cars (DTM, for instance). I recall Mazda 6 touring car had good colours that never came in the full game (here).

I was searching for the beta logo's and I found something interesting :
bandicam_2016_11_17_22_55_45_182.jpg

The small M3 GTR car icon has a different colour scheme.
As you can see it's very similar to the final one.

bmw_small_1.jpg

So I tried to recreate this beta colour scheme with Photoshop, to see how it could look.

bmw_beta.jpg

Great stuff!

I really like the red version it may have been a influenced version from this.

P90193412.jpg

Reminds me of the unused livery I discovered in GT4 prologue a while back.

9id2ir.jpg

Interesting to see most of these hidden cars/etc can be scene in GT4 Prologue too.

a9spp5.jpg

Also, wondering if anyone knows what these could be?

inca0001
inca0001
re_0001
re_0002
re_0003
re_0004

My guess is RE is that RE-AMERIYA tuning manufacture, but there are 4 of them assuming if they are from that we may discover 2 unseen cars? I have no idea what "inca" is short for.

They are car addresses which don't seem to work on GT4 prologue but may in other builds like the BMW/PRIUS demo. I'm finding the dates of each build so that what could removed we may find them in different builds.

Interesting to see most of these hidden cars/etc can be scene in GT4 Prologue too.

a9spp5.jpg

inca0001
inca0001
re_0001
re_0002
re_0003
re_0004

My guess is RE is that RE-AMERIYA tuning manufacture, but there are 4 of them assuming if they are from that we may discover 2 unseen cars? I have no idea what "inca" is short for.

They are car addresses which don't seem to work on GT4 prologue but may in other builds like the BMW/PRIUS demo. I'm finding the dates of each build so that what could removed we may find them in different builds.

IIRC, RE stands for Renault.

I made the mistake of procrastinating my homework again, but I went looking for IGN's GT4 videos on YouTube and I found some gems:

6-car rally in Chamonix (video dated June 23, 2004)

Off-screen footage of Lancer Evo 7 in Grand Canyon (video dated August 27, 2003)

:)

a9spp5.jpg

inca0001
inca0001
re_0001
re_0002
re_0003
re_0004

I went thru every single car in the Toyota Prius Trial Version by looking in the "car" folder (and watching the name of every car). No RE Amemiya or Incas. As far as I know the BMW Demo only contains the BMW M5 Concept as hidden/beta car. I'm gonna take a look at the other trial versions (350Z, Lupo Cup Trial Version, ecc..)

There are two more if you alter the menu strings.

It would seem they initially intended it to be a more inclusive BMW demo featuring a range of road and performance models rather than just the 120d and 120i.

bb6eb9dd69.jpg

02db41a519.jpg
strange , i tried to load the other bmw files but it shows me nothing :/

For some reasons, in the Prius Trial Version, the last 3 Toyota cars + a Volkswagen one have the Prius as placeholder.. Just had a look at beta Tokyo R246 and, apart from some sponsor changed, the track itself is the same as the final version..

I've found that the inca were actually Lancia's my mistake.

Although, I had a look through the GT4 Public Online Beta and Online Trial they both seem to have no hidden cars, might try another look.

Although, I had a look through the GT4 Public Online Beta and Online Trial they both seem to have no hidden cars, might try another look.

FYI: These versions are based on finalized version of the game, so the lack of hidden cars might be expected. 💡

Similar to my GT3 topic, i'll be posting things I find in GT4 that are either unused, or simply unusable in normal gameplay.

I'll start with the complete track list. Ones highlighted in bold are not used/unusable in normal gameplay.

Here's an example of using a photo location track to race on.

Unfortunately, that's all there is when it comes to hidden tracks in GT4.

Xenn, you used a track modifier?

I know, i remember having my 60GB PS3 (about 6 -7 years ago) where i mostly played GT4 on, this was before GT5 and my goal was to complete it before release, after the first demo for GT Academy i nearly gave up playing it, the worst thing was that i was at the end of the GT World Championship, a few days later my PS3 gets a YLOD :ouch:, but still i look back now, it is much easier for me to play GT4 when i run it on my PC, i play it in 1080p, a greater resolution to GT5 (but still not better graphics) now the game is much easier for me, and if i could i would dominate the GT World Championship.

Here's some footage of my PC running GT4 in 1080p

This is a video i made of LasVegas in GT4 with cheats.

TimeTrial on LasVegas

Racing on LasVegas

In the video there seems to be borders which block your entrance to the end of the course, the version in GT4 Prologue seems to be the same but a change in the map design. In this version you are capable of going to the other side of the course. Thanks to 'Markuza97' for advice and help for access these tracks.

how do you replace tracks.... i have both pal and ntsc-u version.

I did that about 4 years ago, can't remember much.

Although, I might look back into it once research on GT4 and GT Concept is finished.
Highly doubt we're done with both of these games. It will take tremendous amount of knowledge of how the game carries out specific data points to any given track and or car. We have not explored the debug functions much, but would be interesting if we could find those paths, which will envolve modifying the camera to a debug world camera.

Some images of the GT4 online. I have both copies but the online doesn't work, will need to hack through there soon. There's some cool menus.

06.jpg

05.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg
If we can just get inside GT4 VOL file archetypes then it might just work, I don't think ordinary editing will do us any good at the moment to put GT4 online. We will definitely need to know how the packets are transferring to each to the client and to our own server, which would be like PD's P2P Online ability but stronger. I learned that from Shutoku Battle: Online, which someone is trying to reboot the whole server at the moment. It could work, we just need to get into the online files, and go from there.

If we can just get inside GT4 VOL file archetypes then it might just work, I don't think ordinary editing will do us any good at the moment to put GT4 online. We will definitely need to know how the packets are transferring to each to the client and to our own server, which would be like PD's P2P Online ability but stronger. I learned that from Shutoku Battle: Online, which someone is trying to reboot the whole server at the moment. It could work, we just need to get into the online files, and go from there.

One concern is the games in Japanese, where I don't understand a word.

Back