• 505 comments
20190910_182410.jpg
20190910_182512.jpg
20190910_182555.jpg
20190910_182720.jpg
20190910_182910.jpg
20190910_183005.jpg
20190910_183045.jpg
Images found in the manual. Seems like the screenshots were taken very late into development thought. Let me know if you find any changes

How do you create your own driving mission like on the video? Please help, I’m using NTSC version. :) Any help would be appeciated :)

I'm sorry to break the flow of this thread, but I'm going to need some help too for creating my own driving missions, which I've been trying for the past few days to do so with no success. I'm wanting to make a 1-Lap Magic for Alfa Romeos using Mission 29 (Corvette Showdown at Infineon) as my base, and for example, I'd want to replace the '54 Corvette that starts up front with the Giulia Sprint Speciale. I searched all throughout the game code and I couldn't find a specific value that replaces the '54 Corvette with the Giulia. Even when I replace every mention of the '54 Corvette in the game files with that of the Giulia, the Corvette would still always appears up front. Also, if there is also a way to adjust the timers that indicate which car starts at what time, I would appreciate knowing that too.
cheat engine.PNG

I'm sorry to break the flow of this thread, but I'm going to need some help too for creating my own driving missions, which I've been trying for the past few days to do so with no success. I'm wanting to make a 1-Lap Magic for Alfa Romeos using Mission 29 (Corvette Showdown at Infineon) as my base, and for example, I'd want to replace the '54 Corvette that starts up front with the Giulia Sprint Speciale. I searched all throughout the game code and I couldn't find a specific value that replaces the '54 Corvette with the Giulia. Even when I replace every mention of the '54 Corvette in the game files with that of the Giulia, the Corvette would still always appears up front. Also, if there is also a way to adjust the timers that indicate which car starts at what time, I would appreciate knowing that too.
View attachment 865885

Me too, I cannot find which values are needed to change the opponents. and the tracks. :(

I don’t know where to put this, and apologies if it’s been out on here before but I stumbled across this. 6 Rally cars on one rally track. Not really hidden because it’s posted by IGN but found it interesting as I’ve never seen this before in a GT4 build.

Just a quick note, if this doesn’t belong here or has already been posted feel free to delete it.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to transfer engine sounds from later GT games to GT4?

Just watching old videos of GT4 on youtube and the engine sounds really do stick out a mile for being the hoovers we always knew they were, is there anyway of having the better GT6 or even GTS sounds to replace the cars that are common in the games?

Straight ports is a no, but GT5 and GT6 sounds can be converted to work on 1-4. I don't know if GT4 falls under the same restrictions in sound sample size than the PS1 titles, but if it doesn't, then no loss of quality will be needed. GT4 can't be put back together for now so we'll know in the future.

Just to regain some interest: Several days ago, we found six unused driving missions.
Well, for people that got fed up with Mission 34.... and to discover that it's not actually the end.

And those seem expectionally difficult where you have to beat the superior car with an inferior car....at least Mission 34 level, it's confirmed by the video creator for Mission 40 (CLK GTR vs C9).

So, turns out GT4 and Tourist Trophy both have GT5P-like secret menus too. Go to the options menu, and using controller 2, input L1, Up, L2, Down, R1, Left, R2, Right, Start, Start. You'll hear the same noise as when you select Arcade Mode, and you'll be greeted with this:
upload_2020-8-13_17-14-20.png

Within Secret you have the following options:
upload_2020-8-13_17-15-8.png

Within monitor you have these, which are actually controls for the in-game camera, allowing you to change the view and offset etc.:
upload_2020-8-13_17-15-46.png

Perhaps a tad annoyingly, you have to input the code every time you come to the options menu, including when you cancel out of the two hidden ones.

The Distance value in the Monitor settings can be useful, as increasing it does stuff like this:
upload_2020-8-13_17-20-53.png

Decreasing it may be handy for those who don't like GT4's FOV.

EDIT:
Dezent has discovered that running in 4:3 to enable horizontal split in 2P mode, then setting the Aspect to 1.35 in the Monitor menu results in proper widescreen aspect ratio for 2P. The menus will be squished but in game it looks nice:
unknown.png

Credits to:
- Nenkai: for creating a script parser that allowed us to find the hidden codes in GT games that have them
- Dezent: for tons of GT4 research over the years and perseverence with trying this code when we couldn't get it to work
- @MMRivit: for suggesting that you actually need to use controller #2 to input the code :lol:

Last edited:
So, turns out GT4 and Tourist Trophy both have GT5P-like secret menus too. Go to the options menu, and using controller 2, input L1, Up, L2, Down, R1, Left, R2, Right, Start, Start. You'll hear the same noise as when you select Arcade Mode, and you'll be greeted with this:
View attachment 949002

View attachment 949003

Within monitor you have these, which are actually controls for the in-game camera, allowing you to change the view and offset etc.:
View attachment 949004

Perhaps a tad annoyingly, you have to input the code every time you come to the options menu, including when you cancel out of the two hidden ones.

The Distance value in the Monitor settings can be useful, as increasing it does stuff like this:
View attachment 949005

EDIT:
Dezent has discovered that running in 4:3 to enable horizontal split in 2P mode, then setting the Aspect to 1.35 in the Monitor menu results in proper widescreen aspect ratio for 2P. The menus will be squished but in game it looks nice:
View attachment 949011

Credits to:
- Nenkai: for creating a script parser that allowed us to find the hidden codes in GT games that have them
- Dezent: for tons of GT4 research over the years and perseverence with trying this code when we couldn't get it to work
- @MMRivit: for suggesting that you actually need to use controller #2 to input the code :lol:
What can you do in the Secret menu (the one with 'Specific cars')? Is it like GT5P's where you can give yourself all the cars or is it more basic?

Absolutely amazing how there is still codes / content been found for GT4, 15/16 years later. This is so interesting. Also, The fact you can use a secret menu to control the camera is insane! Shame we didn't get that feature in the secret menu in GT5.

Is it possible to mod the camera up and down and left and right; I was thinking of making a cockpit view?

I wonder if any of the earlier games have a secret code... I'd expect the old version of GT2 to have one.

As far as I know there's no specific camera offset unfortunately. This stuff looks like it was used to correctly calibrate the game's aspect ratios.

I've checked the secret menu in Tourist Trophy. You appear to be able to select what bikes you own but it's a bit glitch as when you first enter the menu, you own no bikes, even if you actually do (this light just be because I'm entering the menu through the main menu though). It also adds the missing Course Registration menu which strangely shows the maximum player count for most tracks as 6. You also don't need to reenter the code after leaving the menu, unlike GT4.

View attachment 949002

View attachment 949003

View attachment 949004

View attachment 949005

EDIT:
View attachment 949011

Credits to:
I’ve tried accessing this menu on an unmodified PS2 console and I can confirm it does indeed work without any mods, cheats, or emulators required.

I’ve tried accessing this menu on an unmodified PS2 console and I can confirm it does indeed work without any mods, cheats, or emulators required.
I already have tested this without any cheats, no mods and no emulator on my original PS2 Console. The result is that it works.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to hack a Polyphony Digital dealership into Simulation Mode, at least temporarily? There does exist an unused description for one. I realize it wouldn't be of much use given that they only have one car that you can't even buy, I'm just curious.

Back