XLink proper setup tutorial. (GT4 Online Mode)

• Thread starter MortICi
  • 123 comments
MortICI got me online on the 1st day, and ever since, I have helped over 30 people get online. Come on people, if u get help connecting, the least u can do is help another person out, this way we can have a good online community, so help each other out, dont be selfish, because if everyone was, u definitely would not be online, gottit, good. Thanks for reading.

sunnybwoy have succesfully set up a 3 or more player race?
I've been trying since yesterday to set it up but no go. Only 2 player race.

Zboost

Im trying right now, just found some guys with good ping, and am helping them setup.
make that 32 people sucessfully setup now.

sunnybwoy
Im trying right now, just found some guys with good ping, and am helping them setup.
make that 32 people sucessfully setup now.

I seem to have good ping with you. If you figure out how to get 3 or more let us know what settings to use.

Orukai
Anyone could indicate me a programme for extrat BIN files please..??

Ummm i think you downloaded the wrong thing, the bin file is a file you flash to your w54g router so you don't need Xlink on your pc. Download Xlink Kai Evolution 7 the executable in their download section.

As for th 3 Player games. It works but as stated laggy due to pings. The lower the ping between two ppl the less lag durring the game. (Also a FAST upstream will help reduce lag as well.)

is there any way that anyone could help me with the port forwarding? i have the westell 2200 modem/router and cant figure out what to do...

MortICi, i've already downloaded and installed the XLink Kai Evolution 7.

But now, when I start Kai, and begins to download some files, ocurres an error... "Kai failed to download one or more components - please restart Kai to download these components."

I've restarted a couple of times, and it's the same old theme... :s Dammit!!

Orukai

But now, when I start Kai, and begins to download some files, ocurres an error... "Kai failed to download one or more components - please restart Kai to download these components."

That happened to me before. I think its just that their server is overwhelmed at the time. Try the same thing a bit later.

Orukai

It could be the Kai server being full at the moment, try a bit later if it still fails try and see if your Windows Firewall is not blocking Kai. If it is unblock it and try and see if it will update. If that doesn't work try the Kai forums for help on Kai configage.

-MortICi-

Zboost
The HOST just needs to go into LAN options and change Players=1(for 2player race), to Players=2(for 3 player race).
However, Im uncertain as to how the number in the "Player=XX" setting, might affect lag, if at all. Othewise why not just set it to some arbitrary higher number like 10. Dunno. Nonetheless, Ive Hosted 3player race, and I set it to 2.

I have a question tho. Does anyone know if when playing LAN mode, with Kai, if you can implement the 5 sec race penalty, for hitting someone? I see it in Arcade Options, but, it had no effect on our game.

A problem i'm having... the course registration wont let me choose all of the courses. It gives me only a select number to enable, what do i do?

I'm completely lost. I tried following the steps in the first post and it still won't recognize my PS2 in XLink, I guess I won't be playing GT4 online anytime soon... :(

I followed your instructions, but can't start the game :(

Any difference if it's the PAL version ?
(I'm playing in PAL).

Also, what does "monitor" refer to, and how many of it are we supposed to define (if it matters).

Any other hint ?

TIA

This might of been asked already but how do people figure out what cars to use? It'd be nice if people used cars that were similar so there's no big advantage and everything. Also, how do people figure out which courses to race?

does any one know the link to the thread that had the set up diagrams for xlink. it had pictures and like 5 different ways of setting it up

How can you choose more tracks? I can only choose 6 now and I really want to race on Nordschleife or other tracks... Or are you telling me there are really only 6 tracks which are available for online play?

Edit: Already found the solution: Options » Course Reg.

Garage cars dont' work, and I got it to work with 3 ppl but it lagged liek crazy...

Our pings were 20, 20 and 60 which i don't think is bad...

Our network setting was on light dunno if changing it to heavy will make a differnce

from what i can tell, the pal version runs a bit smoother then the ntsc version.

GT4 uses a frame per frame network protocol, meaning the entire game slows down when theres lag.
because the pal version only runs at 50hz , that means that theres less traffic to tunnel then in the ntsc version witch runs at 60hz.

Thats my theory anyway :)

Back