Xlink Who's who.

well i finally got xlink dled and my comp brought to my apartment and hooked up. now i just gotta get my router which should be in the next day or 2 and im ready for some drifting!

venomGT4
well i finally got xlink dled and my comp brought to my apartment and hooked up. now i just gotta get my router which should be in the next day or 2 and im ready for some drifting!

right on . looks like kia is going to an invite only.

ive got a new set p now and need to test it any one up play.

Ryosuke_Gumna
Anyone is getting on TODAY? I'm on right now.

People are always saying let's get more xlink drifters!! but every time you show up on xlink they say this is a private room and they'll even ban you out of the room to keep it to themselves. Im not tryin to complain. I completly understand clans and closed practice sessions, or videos ... What i purpose is a open drift night. Maybe we can get a couple of us in diferent locations on the map to make it possible for people to come check it out. I've got a new setup now so i should be ready to roll. any ideas?

Almost every night, DD has an open session. From time to time they do keep to themselves, but most of the time they're open! I'm starting some friendly Tandem Battles with Judges, if you're interested, PM me. I need to sort times and the likes ^_^ Also, the best tool is AIM. Helps you contact those you want to play with!

DD usually hosts open drift sessions to anybody with a decent ping, and occasionally those with horrific pings. The majority of people of people play at night though. After 8PM in any timezone you can find people playing, but not neccesarily drifting...

Weekend nights the open sessions normally go late... 2-4 AM... last time I played at night it went to the next morning (7 AM) =Þ

NEED HELP

ok i wanna drift some foos on xlink. do i just go to online play for gt4?? sign up for something?? cuz xlink doesnt sound familiar. fill me in. BTW i cant fit my DFP in my room right now either, so ds2 it is.

We can do some sweet tandem!!!!11!1!!!!

tedaconda
NEED HELP

ok i wanna drift some foos on xlink. do i just go to online play for gt4?? sign up for something?? cuz xlink doesnt sound familiar. fill me in. BTW i cant fit my DFP in my room right now either, so ds2 it is.

We can do some sweet tandem!!!!11!1!!!!

you should probally do a search and look at all the info on how to set up xlink and your ps2...

at least you could type xlink into google and read the faq..

after you have done your homework come back and post in the right thread the questions you have.

Besides that welcome to gtp, when you've done all you all you can to help your self come back and ask for help or pm me and i'll see what i can do to get you going in the right direction.

Wow i didn't know it was an entire different network. thanks for filling me in slider, i added u to my aim so i can get more stuff figured out. I read through the info section of the homepage (it was teamxlink.co.uk, couldnt find others), and i understand now that its a full network and u connect through your computer. now I have my router sitting directly next to my ps2 and Im about to sign up for xlink. the setup part i pretty much have figured out. a couple questions though, A., is there any considerable lag?? I have a great connection and d/l speed from a solid provider. B., how do I find a game thts going to have drifters?? will i have to find ip's ahead of time?? we should make a sticky thread or forum with info for everyone so we can make big dates. just have 6 man drifts and stuff.

anyway thanks again, ill be in touch

tedaconda
Wow i didn't know it was an entire different network. thanks for filling me in slider, i added u to my aim so i can get more stuff figured out. I read through the info section of the homepage (it was teamxlink.co.uk, couldnt find others), and i understand now that its a full network and u connect through your computer. now I have my router sitting directly next to my ps2 and Im about to sign up for xlink. the setup part i pretty much have figured out. a couple questions though, A., is there any considerable lag?? I have a great connection and d/l speed from a solid provider. B., how do I find a game thts going to have drifters?? will i have to find ip's ahead of time?? we should make a sticky thread or forum with info for everyone so we can make big dates. just have 6 man drifts and stuff.

anyway thanks again, ill be in touch

I'll problly be on to night and there are plenty of stickeys here.
A=the lag is determined by you ping the lower the better... i try for under 100
b=a lot of racers on xlink..but drifters, some post here and say when they'll be on
C=get a hold of me on aim tonight and i'll help you out so we can keep this fourm on it's intended topic.

here is one of my favorite help guides DT_C xlink help

a-lag is everywhere. lower the ping is better. ive played with drift* guy from hawaii, 170 ping, and it was tolorable.
b- just go in a room and ask if they are drifting or racing. also check the descriptions under the arenas. driftdojo will have something like Drift Dojo Open Session or something in the desctiption. others put drift, or whatever. just look out for that.

i feel this thread should be used for the xlink questions/usernames post kinna thing.

DRFT*
lol thanx, but i get around 100 or less if you live in cali. =]
yea but thats the thing, i get 100 with people in cali... haha. does no good. id like to drift with ya some more though. the lag is tolerable.

It all depends on your connection, for example, out of DD, I normally get the lowest pings with everyone. I can drift with Californian's really well (no lag), but Hawaii... that's a different story. And check the descriptions on the arenas, they tell you if they're drifting or not... although, at times you may have to go in and ask. DD is the friendliest arena I've visited. They always tell you if they have an Open Session, and when they do, they let most people in. In some OTHER arenas... they kick you if you weren't invited. Just go out and have fun!!!

yea others are anaI about having a low ping(to them 70 isnt low enough, WTF?!!) and others are just asses(aka pinoysfinest,mistax,helix six, etc.)

bleh i know it suck for me when DDopensessions are getting crowded.. every complains about my lag so i get asked to leave which suxx monkey balls lol ^_^

DRFT*
bleh i know it suck for me when DDopensessions are getting crowded.. every complains about my lag so i get asked to leave which suxx monkey balls lol ^_^
sorry bout that drfto but you live in a giant puddle man....hehe Open sessions have been fun and I have seen Much improvement with all Keep it up!

finally gettin my router...and it was free, mom and dad had an extra one after they got an 8 port router. just gotta go pick it up tomorrow and i might get on xlink tomorrow night

Back