XTR vs GTP

• Thread starter EERS4YEARS
  • 116 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

EERS4YEARS

(Banned)
EERS4YEARS
I know alot of you use other names besides your name with the GTP tag. With that said, why do i race guys with the XTR tag daily, mean while i rarely come across a GTP tag? On top of that, I usually see GTP'ers in std physics! I dont even know what this XTR tag means. Any explanationon where all you guys are? And who are these XTR People? And, Why not a site vs site match?

I think a lot of GTP'ers have lost interest. That said, there are usually a few of us on the Expert events (check the Race Events forum for specific race time schedules).

Also, based on the race events posts and players in the online racing chat room, PAL versions of the game seem more popular. I guess you are only NTSC?

I guess you are only NTSC?

Yes, he is, you can tell by his avatar, if you come over to the PAL online area sort of things you'll find more GTP tags. I've never seen an XTR tag, whats it stand for?

Last edited:
As an NTSC player, I have the pleasure to race against XTR-drivers regularly. I knew some of them before the formation of the team last month.

I'm sick of 5 lap NTSC crap. I wish PD would effectively rework the penalty system and just amalgamate the different regions already. There should really be a penalty tally after every Expert race and if one racks up a certain number of penalties the racer should be unable to participate in Expert events until they snuff up or pay a hefty fine. That fine could be doled out to the affected opponent drivers.

I've been playing arcade mode with AI set to 90 and the number of laps set to 20. It's alot more fun, though I do run at least 3 online Expert races a day just to see who's online.

Last edited:
I'm sick of 5 lap NTSC crap. I wish PD would effectively rework the penalty system and just amalgamate the different regions already. There should really be a penalty tally after every Expert race and if one racks up a certain number of penalties the racer should be unable to participate in Expert events until they snuff up or pay a hefty fine. That fine could be doled out to the affected opponent drivers.

Yes, I can see that being very popular....no, I'm sorry but penalising them through money is probably the worst idea I've heard for a long time, probably worse than banning said players forever.
Its essentailly commercial suicide.

People keep suggesting ideas for "solving the punter problem" but the only thing that will work is really just private rooms and the ability to kick people. Anything else is either not going to work or just too excessive.
The problem with punishing people for bad driving online is that it will always hurt more innocent people more than it will guilty and also that this is a game we are talking about....where people expect to go online and have fun. Not everyone's idea of fun is the same and although punting is idiotic and should be shamed, PD can't do anything drastic without fear of scaring away their core fanbase of players, which, lets admit it, are not all hardcore gamers who like to drive cleanly.
The other problem is that PD have effectively raised their fans with these punting tactics, as previous games did little to penalise such driving against the AI so most people probably don't think they are doing anything wrong.

An in-game (Cr) fine, of course.

With it being so easy to rack up 2-million credits, I don't think it'd really be that big of a deal; More of an inconvenience and a deterrant than anything else.

I agree with the OP though. We need more quality drivers hitting up the expert NTSC events.

An in-game (Cr) fine, of course.

With it being so easy to rack up 2-million credits, I don't think it'd really be that big of a deal; More of an inconvenience and a deterrant than anything else.

Ah ok, sorry for misunderstanding you. In this case, add this with damage and having to repair cars (of course making damage an option in races) would make drivers a bit more careful.

Well, I guess I'm one of those GTP drivers who has lost interest. Unless one my friends or a family member is online driving I'm usually back driving GT4 again - back in the cars and on the tracks that I love. When I do race I rarely see other GTP tags, and yes I'm NTSC.

I recognize a lot of these tags though. Many of these drivers have been around a long time in GT5p. Although it has been a while, I don't remember having any problems with these drivers. Despite the somewhat cheesy video, it is great to see other people out there who wish to race cleanly and well.

it is great to see other people out there who wish to race cleanly and well.

Yes it is panjandrum. ( no smiley ? , but a thumbs up to you )
I know 2 members of XTR,real good guys to race with.XTR honors the same racing policies as GTP'ers do also.It's good to know you don't have to worry about racing members of XTR.

While on the subject of other people / racing forums,etc.......What else have you seen out there that are commendable racing tags ? Possibly an explanation of who some of these other tags are ? These are tags that I seen with different names behind the designation,not just one-offs.

I have seen LR- ..............( Legit Racing )
I have seen GTBP- ..........( Gran Turismo Brazil,assuming ),recall that when I see this tag,they are from BR. Brazil
I have seen GT-R ............( ? )
I have seen STR- ............( ? )
I have seen GTS-.............( ? )
I have seen GT-...............( ? )

I'm sure I've seen more,but off the top of my head,these are ones I see frequently.

Last edited:
Im not talking crap, this is disturbing. the captains name is "gamegangsta." what a joke!!! This "gamegangsta" was one of the first people I ever raced on-line ( around thanksgiving of 2008) and he swore he was the baddest dude around, but he couldnt beat when I was using a controller. Did I mention his name is "gamegangsta?" I Got hit by him and one of his teammates at the HSR650pp race the other night, both driving Tuned Clio's. This is definately eating me up now. After my run in with "gangsta" a couple months ago I know his character, thus I know HIS teams character... win at all cost. Really pathetic drivers good at a track with 3 turns, Using a B.S. car. Sorry I dedicated a thread to them, but I had no idea that DOUCHE was the captain. I cant wait to smoke that boy on a real track. Im sorry to NicksFix, but you are way wrong buddy. They smashed me!! If they smashed me, they will smash you too.

Im not talking crap, this is disturbing. the captains name is "gamegangsta." what a joke!!! This "gamegangsta" was one of the first people I ever raced on-line ( around thanksgiving of 2008) and he swore he was the baddest dude around, but he couldnt beat when I was using a controller. Did I mention his name is "gamegangsta?" I Got hit by him and one of his teammates at the HSR650pp race the other night, both driving Tuned Clio's. This is definately eating me up now. After my run in with "gangsta" a couple months ago I know his character, thus I know HIS teams character... win at all cost. Really pathetic drivers good at a track with 3 turns, Using a B.S. car. Sorry I dedicated a thread to them, but I had no idea that DOUCHE was the captain. I cant wait to smoke that boy on a real track. Im sorry to NicksFix, but you are way wrong buddy. They smashed me!! If they smashed me, they will smash you too.

I seem to recall running againt this "gangsta" at expert 650 HSR and your right,he was driving a Clio.I was treated with respectful driving by him.I don't recall him wearing a "tag" name though.? different person maybe ?

If thats the case...why did you suggest this?

I know alot of you use other names besides your name with the GTP tag. With that said, why do i race guys with the XTR tag daily, mean while i rarely come across a GTP tag? On top of that, I usually see GTP'ers in std physics! I dont even know what this XTR tag means. Any explanationon where all you guys are? And who are these XTR People? And, Why not a site vs site match?

Im not talking crap

Really?

For the record, I have never had any problem with any driver with an XTR tag, before or after they joined XTR.

Here are some other potential team tags:

gFORCE : I think this group have become bored with GT5P, I see this tag much less often than I used to.
GTBR : A tag seemingly from a Brazilian GT website, which I cannot otherwise understand at all due to language barrier. I don't know if it is an earned tag or not, for example.
PKR : new, check the PSU forum.
FST : may or may not be a tag, I'm not sure.

LR has various sub-tags too, among them:
LR-SWD is the drift team
LR-CR is classic racing (I think, going from memory).
Unlike XTR, LR has an actual website.

A week or so ago I joined a 550PP suzuka race(NTSC) and was surprised to find a ~10 car grid, all of which were mustangs driven by LR tagged drivers. I started out in the middle of the pack and it turned out to be one of the most fun races I've had in a while, managed to get into one or two more races with the group and had a lot of fun, they all seemed like good clean racers, and that being the first grid I've seen of that size made for some excellent racing.

Really?

For the record, I have never had any problem with any driver with an XTR tag, before or after they joined XTR.

Here are some other potential team tags:

gFORCE : I think this group have become bored with GT5P, I see this tag much less often than I used to.
GTBR : A tag seemingly from a Brazilian GT website, which I cannot otherwise understand at all due to language barrier. I don't know if it is an earned tag or not, for example.
PKR : new, check the PSU forum.
FST : may or may not be a tag, I'm not sure.

LR has various sub-tags too, among them:
LR-SWD is the drift team
LR-CR is classic racing (I think, going from memory).
Unlike XTR, LR has an actual website.

There also is an LR-MR group

A week or so ago I joined a 550PP suzuka race(NTSC) and was surprised to find a ~10 car grid, all of which were mustangs driven by LR tagged drivers. I started out in the middle of the pack and it turned out to be one of the most fun races I've had in a while, managed to get into one or two more races with the group and had a lot of fun, they all seemed like good clean racers, and that being the first grid I've seen of that size made for some excellent racing.

Perhaps they were holding an online event like what we do here at gtplanet.Sounds reasonable to me.

Yes, he is, you can tell by his avatar, if you come over to the PAL online area sort of things you'll find more GTP tags. I've never seen an XTR ta, whats it stand for?

I had noticed the flag and locaion, yes, but there are quite a few NTSC owners with a PAL copy too. Thus, the reason I asked 'are you only NTSC?'

they're a racing team at the GT5:P forum at playstation.com, that intro was crappy :yuck:. Why don't the skilled movie makers here at GTP slap on the best intro ever? And get some more GTP'ers into the pro events to spread the word.

Like I said... I didnt know that Douche was the captain. I thought XTR was a website like GTP. BTW, Im happy for you guys that go and buy 2 copies of the SAME game, That will definately make PD release GT5 sooner.

Like I said... I didnt know that Douche was the captain. I thought XTR was a website like GTP. BTW, Im happy for you guys that go and buy 2 copies of the SAME game, That will definately make PD release GT5 sooner.

With the lack of World Events in the Pro races the only way for NTSC owners like yourself to play with the European racers is to have a PAL disc. THATS why people buy two copies of the SAME game.... So if you want some real competition with fast drivers, maybe you should get a copy as well 👍

My Favorite person to drive with (he is also the fastest guy Ive come across) had alot to say about these XTR boys. I am completely right when it comes to XTR racing strategy... win at all cost. My friend (not associated with GTP or any other forum) has had run ins with "gamegangsta" and his crapball team mates in the past. If any of the XTR guys read this let it be known that you all SUCK and you will get smashed if you come near me. Also I have raced against Tunerspit guys lately, and they all HIT me. WTF!!! Why do these guys drive like Jackholes because they have numbers?

My Favorite person to drive with (he is also the fastest guy Ive come across) had alot to say about these XTR boys. I am completely right when it comes to XTR racing strategy... win at all cost. My friend (not associated with GTP or any other forum) has had run ins with "gamegangsta" and his crapball team mates in the past. If any of the XTR guys read this let it be known that you all SUCK and you will get smashed if you come near me. Also I have raced against Tunerspit guys lately, and they all HIT me. WTF!!! Why do these guys drive like Jackholes because they have numbers?

Is this you still not talking crap?

I'm a Tuners' Pit guy, I didn't hit you earlier tonight.

This EERS4YEARS kid is one of the most dirty drivers I've raced against. He's a sore loser as witnessed by his other posts in the Logitech Challenge thread. :dunce:

I have raced a few of XTR guys and they are clean drivers! Infact i have two of them on my friends list!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back