XTR vs GTP

• Thread starter EERS4YEARS
  • 116 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get you into multiple rooms with 20-30 clean drivers three nights a week and all day on Sunday. If your really interested just say so and I will do what ever I can to get you up to speed and into the action. I have both versions of the game so I can host NTSC or PAL versions of the Events. The only thing missing is you m8.

I participate in these events as much as possible because you get to race with people you can trust. At no time is there ever any intentional contact or rough driving unless we get a stray driver or 2 that doesn't belong. There is never a doubt if you happen to get wrecked, it was genuinely by mistake. Car and track selection along with tire restrictions are predetermined. Everyone is on the same basic setup and you get to use cars that you normally wouldn't think of using. Then having to qualify groups you with drivers having similar abilities which makes for better racing for both the fast and not so fast.

Finally, I race with some of the best drivers in North America and have made a bunch of friends doing so. What could be better than that? Hat's off to Moose. 👍

Hey XTR_ANFD your a old fart too. ;) Seems that there are alot of us playing this game. Go Grey Power!!!! :D

Last edited:
I can and will vouge for mastercivil (aka-mybrindle),He has been on my friends list for quite some time (the early days of Prologue).We have raced GT5P for some time together,and have also raced in a F1CE league together.He's a good guy,he will race you strong,hard,and clean !!!

I will jump in here on the subject of XTR I have known most all of those involved in XTR for a while now.The founder XTR -ANFD is on of the best racing gamers and all round "good guys" I VERY highly respect XTR- Brindle and XTR-Venus 2008 (so thats where youve been) and gameganster better watch out for these guys they are all VERY highly skilled,also VERY Clean and competetive I really dont think that anyone acting in an un sportsman like way with an XTR tag will be tolerated.

Hey Kart Racer,

Being born and raised in Manitoba,, I've come to realize that the Great White North just does a good job of preserving us over those long winters. Old farts can be fast eh ? :)

Hey DaddyVDUB,

Thank you GTP friends for the really nice welcome and kind words. We do go back quite a long ways. I would like to clarify one small matter however .... I am not the founder of XTR, just a proud member. The idea to form the club was the brain child of XTR-gamegangsta and XTR-Racer_X_65.

I also want to thank everyone who has stepped forward with support for our team and specific individuals. It's uplifting to know that reason and truth can prevail over irrational negativity.

Regardless of my bias, XTR is a small but great bunch of guys who have raised my driving skills by constantly pushing me and pressuring me to "keep up". And it is very true that we want to EARN everyone's respect. I look forward to meeting all my GTP friends on track anytime. Just this afternoon I had the pleasure of racing with an old friend GTP_JWLennon. It's been too long old friend !

Yeah, I fair think this whole thread has backfired in the most catastrophic way for EERS4YEARS - so much to the point that I'm looking forward you racing you XTR guys.
Do any of you have PAL?

Last edited:
For all you XTR people, Welcome to GTPlanet, the home of fair, clean racing. For fun and giggles, not for green.

Hey Kart Racer,

Being born and raised in Manitoba,, I've come to realize that the Great White North just does a good job of preserving us over those long winters. Old farts can be fast eh ? :)

We seem to be. :) With our winters, we have all the time in the world to practice.

Well, I think we (GTP) need to thank EERS4YEARS....................I hear WHAT THE :lol:

He has introduced us to more clean drivers with instant cred.....Way to go EERS

Hey DaddyVDUB,

Thank you GTP friends for the really nice welcome and kind words. We do go back quite a long ways. I would like to clarify one small matter however .... I am not the founder of XTR, just a proud member. The idea to form the club was the brain child of XTR-gamegangsta and XTR-Racer_X_65.

I also want to thank everyone who has stepped forward with support for our team and specific individuals. It's uplifting to know that reason and truth can prevail over irrational negativity.

Regardless of my bias, XTR is a small but great bunch of guys who have raised my driving skills by constantly pushing me and pressuring me to "keep up". And it is very true that we want to EARN everyone's respect. I look forward to meeting all my GTP friends on track anytime. Just this afternoon I had the pleasure of racing with an old friend GTP_JWLennon. It's been too long old friend !

Thank you XTR-ANFD,the pleasure was all mine running with you and all of your XTR racers today (even saw a few GTP tags out there today as well),couldn't have asked for some better racing than what we had today,(except for the last race where I got punted by the kid in the black NSX :grumpy:)

edit - it didn't take you long to go premium either :sly: 👍

Well, I think we (GTP) need to thank EERS4YEARS....................I hear WHAT THE :lol:

He has introduced us to more clean drivers with instant cred.....Way to go EERS

It's a wonder what one person can stir up, nevertheless welcome to GTP, hope to see you on the track soon. 👍

Welcome, everyone representing XTR. It's unfortunate you had to come in here throwing straight molly-wops, but it's good to have you around all the same.

Looking forward to (trying to anyways) catching some of you on the track. :dopey:

Thank you all for the kind words for XTR.
Its good to know that we can rally toghether in support of clean, respectful racing.
I look forward to racing you all soon. Thanks again
XTR-boston77

XTR-boston77, glad to see you here. You are missed over there, ;) BTW, the Bruins did it this year. See you on the track.

Hello fellow racers ! Since I am the creator of the XTR Introduction movie that you all find so offensive, let me apologize first for using the only voice that the good Lord gave me. It has served me well these 61 years and I am sorry to find out that his creation falls short of your expectations. Regardless of what you think, I created that Introduction for fun. And it was fun .... as well as a learning experience to help me come to grips with some new editing software I had just purchased. It also served the purpose of introducing a newly formed team to the wonderful GT community. It is just a little sad however that some in that community find it so easy to be critical when they themselves have never been similarily creative nor vulnerable. While it may be a bit cheesy, it's still as good as any other team intro I've seen. Maybe I'll get my wife to narrate the updated version I'm planning. That way you can belittle another well intentioned person and feel so much better about yourself.

Well I'm not so sure this was intended as a reply to my earlier comment:

Oh lord thats cheesy :lol: That person sounds like a cross between Microsoft Sam and an announcer from C&C or something. Led Zeppelin in the background doesn't help.

I will assume it was and just say:
Please try to not take so much personal offense, I was not being mean but I was being honest at least about the music. Theres nothing wrong with your voice as it is, its just the way you speak in that gives the impression of attempting to sound professional....I think it sounds better just talking plainly.
There is something called constructive criticism ya know.

But whatever, its irrelevant and my small dig on the video was not intended as a personal attack but then I don't know if you were replying to other posters.

I'll freely admit I couldn't do much better :P

That video needs a re-do just to include members of XTR who have joined since production.

Yeah, I fair think this whole thread has backfired in the most catastrophic way for EERS4YEARS - so much to the point that I'm looking forward you racing you XTR guys.
Do any of you have PAL?

i'm not sure any of us do. i've been thinking about getting it, but had questions ;)

how do you get the PAL version in the US?

and how do i know if it'll run right? i've heard there are limitations of what systems/configs will work. i have...

launch 60gb running HDMI to a Yamaha surround sound decoder HDMI'ed to a 1080p LCD

i'm not sure any of us do. i've been thinking about getting it, but had questions ;)

how do you get the PAL version in the US?

and how do i know if it'll run right? i've heard there are limitations of what systems/configs will work. i have...

launch 60gb running HDMI to a Yamaha surround sound decoder HDMI'ed to a 1080p LCD

PAL version works fine on NTSC PS3. I got mine at amazon.com.uk

XTR is a brand new team lead it by Gameganster. This team is very good, clean and respectful in all meanings. They have good drivers in there some fast and others k but they do go by a code, CLEAN RACING. We at Legit-Racing always have a blast with them, they are good guys, I am sure you all will have as well. Watch out for them. Even though the voice might sound cheesy, I think it still pretty cool you know, it's a first for a team introduction! :P

^ You're right... I raced a few of them and they were REALLY good. It was a 12 car race and I managed to finish 5th... 7 of the cars were from XTR.

Well I'm not so sure this was intended as a reply to my earlier comment:

I will assume it was and just say:
Please try to not take so much personal offense, I was not being mean but I was being honest at least about the music. Theres nothing wrong with your voice as it is, its just the way you speak in that gives the impression of attempting to sound professional....I think it sounds better just talking plainly.
There is something called constructive criticism ya know.

But whatever, its irrelevant and my small dig on the video was not intended as a personal attack but then I don't know if you were replying to other posters.

I'm sorry Ardius, I guess I must have missed the "constructive" part of your comment. Truth is, that is my normal speaking voice and guess what, it has been used in voice over work in commercial sales videos, for which I've been paid handsomely, so I'll stop apologizing for it :) I appreciate your clarification that you meant no personal attack and no grudges here either my friend. And since "art" is subjective, you are entitled to your opinion about the music, although I thought the LedZepplin instrumental lent an aire of excitement that I was looking for. But please consider how you would feel if someone who had never played GT5 commented that he thought you were slow out on track :guilty:

In any case, let's put this silly little matter behind us. But be forewarned, there is an updated version in the works with original soundtrack created by XTR members .... yes, we have many talents :sly:

I'm sorry Ardius, I guess I must have missed the "constructive" part of your comment. Truth is, that is my normal speaking voice and guess what, it has been used in voice over work in commercial sales videos, for which I've been paid handsomely, so I'll stop apologizing for it :) I appreciate your clarification that you meant no personal attack and no grudges here either my friend. And since "art" is subjective, you are entitled to your opinion about the music, although I thought the LedZepplin instrumental lent an aire of excitement that I was looking for.

Ok, no problem, :cheers:

But please consider how you would feel if someone who had never played GT5 commented that he thought you were slow out on track :guilty:

Well, I'd ignore them, lol. Its more of a case of "he isn't in a position to accurately say that". I suppose thats why I assumed you wouldn't take offense, if I were you and you were me, I would basically just think "screw that guy, I'd like to see him do better". But whatever, lol, its irrelevant now.

In any case, let's put this silly little matter behind us. But be forewarned, there is an updated version in the works with original soundtrack created by XTR members .... yes, we have many talents :sly:

:scared:
Heh, I will prepare my notebook and prepare my criticsms :P

Have fun! :)

XTR-boston77, glad to see you here. You are missed over there, ;) BTW, the Bruins did it this year. See you on the track.

Hey KART,
I miss the other place too. I haven't seen or heard from the persons whom I offended with my humor at that site, so maybe I'll be back.
As for the Bruins, They have taken the first step to getting there names etched on the cup!!:sly:
GO BRUINS

If they're anything like me, and I think they are, they're much more focused on racing together, rather than TTing. Some of them participated in the Tuners Pit TT championship which took all 12 Concept by GT car across 6 tracks each, and some of them are very competitive. Look for the names the used before they applied the tag.

Just a quick question, how come I don't see any XTR tags on time trial rankings?

I cannot speak for my teammates, but I rarely run TT. I prefer to race people rather than the clock. No offense to those who like to do it.

There are alot of competitions that I get involved in. It really doesnt leave much time to TT.

With all that being said, I am not even close to being the fastest guy on our team. I'll leave those TT honors to them.

I can't wait to race some more XTR people. It's really fun and exiting, and it's good to know that the cilo tuned behind me isn't going to put me into the wall. Any of you guys can tell me when and where to find you guys when racing online?

Just a quick question, how come I don't see any XTR tags on time trial rankings?

XTR is a fast for a long time team, unlike those tt racers who are only good for 1 flying lap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back