xXKingJoshXx's Lincoln Town Car

xXKingJoshXx

Self Made Billionaire Lobster Salesman & POTUS
Premium
United States
Indy
xXKingJoshXx
I was asked to create a thread about my Town Car after posting a snowy picture of it in the Weather Thread. Well, here it is!

In case you can't read my signature, it's an '89. It's also not in the best condition. I don't have much time to type, so I'll add to this later!

It has a 4.9L V8 with a mind boggling 150hp and 270lb-ft of torque (when new). It recently got new tires.

It does have a few non working parts. The back left window isn't connected to the rail. The air conditioning works, but doesn't blow cold air. The temp gauge reads 80 degrees if it's 17 degrees. The cruise control sort of works, but it doesn't use as much power to keep it at a speed as it should. So say you're going 55mph, and activate cruise control. Its like slightly letting off the gas and can't keep up the speed. The Lincoln badge on the back that flips up to open the trunk broke off after someone forced it the wrong way. A few months ago, the exhaust pipe rusted off from the muffler, and the car was very loud. But we fixed that, and if the belts didnt squeak so much at low rpms, you could drive towards someone walking and they wouldn't notice, its that quiet! Other than that, the car is great. It doesn't burn oil. It doesn't overheat. It's a very bouncy car, but in a nice way. In case you couldn't tell, this is not a sports car. It's made for cruising. Mainly long distance highway cruising.

I'll put a pic up of the engine, hopefully sometime later today.

Dem 15" rimz, yo.

Dirty, dirty car.

It's got power steering, power windows, power locks, power antenna, power seats (8 way), power heated mirrors, power trunk/boot lid, cruise control, tilting steering wheel, and a few other things.

It's no Veyron. In fact I don't think it would beat a 10 year old base Honda Civic.

It has an aftermarket radio which was probably made before the car. It also has the stock speakers. It's got an excellent heater.

Also notice the thermometer doesn't work.

New video

Last edited:
Dat aftermarket radio. Dad used to have that exact same head unit in his Patrol along with a quite ancient Pioneer subwoofer and Jensen speakers. One of the only situations where an aftermarket sound system actually sounds worse than standard.

It was my great grandma's car. She wasn't able to drive (you may notice some of the body panels are different shades of white, a result of backing into people) and it just sat in our driveway for a year. Then we took it to a resteraunt and got a flat tire. We put the spare on and took it to a tire shop. They wouldn't work on the tires because the 3 good ones were 12 years old and the spare came with the car (which makes the tire 23 years old. But now it's on 4 new tires.

I'm with Cano on this one. They drive so smooth. And all the little hidden options are awesome. Like the mirror mounted thermometer.

👍

Absolutely beautiful, a true American car. One day I'll get something like that. Too bad they don't seem to be appreciated that much in the USA, being used for demolition derby's or stuff like that...

Nice car, my friend has one very similar with a 302 in it also. He says it hauls ass lol. I was like man you are missing out with power figures that low if you think that's quick XD

Nice car though man.

I had a 93 once, I didnt like the 1 wheel burnouts in the snow. But now my mom replaced her Buick with an 02 town car.

Anyhow, enjoy your land barge, I know I did.

Awesome car, gotta love those ridiculously underpowered V8's. 30hp per litre isn't exactly great. The outside thermometer is awesome, even if it doesn't work. :lol:

The thermometer is weird. If its 100 degrees out, it'll say it's 50, but if it's 15 degrees out, it says 70.

Don't ever get rid of it. I miss my Continental, and will do till I get myself another again. I remember seeing this car in the weather thread and thinkng about my Conti buried in snow, and yet firing up right away and lumbering off like a luxury tank.

Nice Vid!

i always like it when i see a big american car over here. dunno, i just love to watch them drive by. trying to hear that gas guzzling v8, and especially when they are about to hit a speed bump. soaking soft suspension hahaha:)

Yeah haha there's not really much to hear from the Lincoln. But it is big, American, gas guzzling, and has a soft suspension!

Update -

Just got my license today while driving the Lincoln. The car's condition has deteriorated a bit since this thread was made, so I figured I'd post an update.

The vinyl roof badly needs replaced. It's got more cracks than you can count. The engine is running poorly, and I'm pretty sure it's the IAC. The car accelerates when it wants to, and when you're in park, it will drop down to about 200-400rpm and rev itself up to about 2000rpm. Yesterday, while in the parking lot of Autozone (the rearview mirror fell off, had to get some glue) the engine died after I put it in drive. Luckily, it started right back up and I drove back home. Also, when you put it in park or neutral, the engine will start to idle at about 3000rpm until it does the thing where it goes from 200-2000rpm, which obviously isn't normal...

Also, today while pulling into the DMV, the engine revved up and accelerated out of control for a second... Luckily, I was pulling into a parking spot away from any cars or buildings and it was fine, but what if I wasn't? I don't have the money to get it fixed, so when I get time to fix it, I'm going to try.

And if I feel like it, it might get a bath today! :D

Update -

Just got my license today while driving the Lincoln. The car's condition has deteriorated a bit since this thread was made, so I figured I'd post an update.

The vinyl roof badly needs replaced. It's got more cracks than you can count. The engine is running poorly, and I'm pretty sure it's the IAC. The car accelerates when it wants to, and when you're in park, it will drop down to about 200-400rpm and rev itself up to about 2000rpm. Yesterday, while in the parking lot of Autozone (the rearview mirror fell off, had to get some glue) the engine died after I put it in drive. Luckily, it started right back up and I drove back home. Also, when you put it in park or neutral, the engine will start to idle at about 3000rpm until it does the thing where it goes from 200-2000rpm, which obviously isn't normal...

Also, today while pulling into the DMV, the engine revved up and accelerated out of control for a second... Luckily, I was pulling into a parking spot away from any cars or buildings and it was fine, but what if I wasn't? I don't have the money to get it fixed, so when I get time to fix it, I'm going to try.

And if I feel like it, it might get a bath today! :D

Congratulations on the license. 👍

I strongly suggest you look into a 351 swap with a C4 trans. Too much emissions crap holding these modern engines back, amirite. Should probably go ahead and straight pipe it and throw a couple of bolt-ons at it too.

Just washed it. Made a new video and took a few pictures:

It is looking so much better! :)

Yea, it's in pretty good shape but it badly needs a new vinyl top. It's not cheap to have it done nor is it something I can do on my own. (even if I could, it's still too expensive)

The turning trunk badge broke off a while ago, and I tried fixing it (I went at it wrong) and I ended up doing absolutely nothing to it and completely breaking off the clips holding the trunk liner on. The clips will be an easy fix, but the badge will be a take a bit more effort.

I kind of want to take the Colts license plate on the front off, but it was my great grandma's so I also kind of want to keep it on there. The car would look a lot better without it, and I think in the future I may take it off but keep the plate.

There's a few little details around the car I'd like to fix, such as badging on one or two of the wheels missing, and a tiny bit of rust around the rear wheel wells (which isn't visible unless you get in a certain position), and some crayon markings that I'm assuming a previous owners kid or grand kid perhaps scribbled behind the window in the backseat.

And of course there's that issue with the engine...

I'd forgotten about this thread. What an awesome lump of iron! Didn't watch the video before, but those electric quarterlights are killer. Never seen that on any other car.

Didn't watch the video before, but those electric quarterlights are killer. Never seen that on any other car.

It's funny you mention that, I was just outside washing the windows and doing a little interior cleaning (nothing much, just some dashboard dust and whatnot) and I thought "Hmm, I'd really like to do some night shots with the lights on so you can see those lights on!" They are awesome details. I might do that tonight.

Just to be sure, you were talking about those vertical lights in between the doors, front and rear doors, right?

Heh, nope. The little triangular bit of glass at the front of the front side windows. Normally that's fixed, or in some older cars (like my Beetle) it folds. But never seen electric lowering ones before.

Those are vent windows. Have manual opening ones on the truck. Wish they would put them back on vehicles again. Rain gutters on the cab would be nice too.

In the first video, I love how much it moves when you get in it. Brilliant. 👍

Heh, nope. The little triangular bit of glass at the front of the front side windows. Normally that's fixed, or in some older cars (like my Beetle) it folds. But never seen electric lowering ones before.

Ah, that's what confused me :lol: Never heard them called quarter lights before. But yea, I can't recall seeing electric ones on anything else.

In the first video, I love how much it moves when you get in it. Brilliant. 👍

Thanks! A light push on the bumper will bounce the car, too! :lol:

Back