xXKingJoshXx's Lincoln Town Car

Turns out you were wrong. :sly:

Made a new video of the Lincoln. Not really anything new, just a cold start and a better view of the exhaust leak under the car. (if you're viewing this post 5-10 minutes after I posted it, the video may not be available, it was just uploaded)

Sounds amazing. Must have been cold (SNOW!)

My 1970 Cadillac was missing a muffler when I bought it. The smaller one in the back. It sounded great (it had the 472 V8) But I wanted to keep it original so I bought a muffler that was as close to original as you could possibly get, and fittet it. You can still hear it's a V8 loud and clear (maybe not loud) and the ride has become alot more comfortable.

-Sonny

I've been wanting to do an update for a while, now.

Here's my most recent video. The first one since I last posted one in here in late March/early April or whenever it was.

Also, I made this for fun.

lincoln flames.jpg

Now for the actual update. Everything is pretty much the same with the car. Nothing has gone wrong and nothing has been replaced or repaired, but I have noticed a high pitched squeal sometimes under light braking. We called the local classic car restoration shop and luckily (but not really surprisingly) they do vinyl top replacements and headliner replacements, so some time I'm gonna make an appointment to take it over there to get an estimate on cost. When we go there I'd like to ask about getting the air conditioning system checked out. Even being an all white car (white paint, white roof, white interior) it's hot as hell after sitting for a couple hours even with a sunshade in the windshield. It's fine having the windows down while you're moving, but when you first get in and when you come to a stop, it's hardly bearable.

--

Here's a few pics I've posted in a couple threads but I haven't posted them here.

IMG_1302.JPG
IMG_1308.JPG
IMG_1313.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG

If you're not happy with the estimates the shop gives you. Stop by wax werks on 86th street if it's not too far. I've heard they are pretty cheap. Went there to get my sunroof install.

Update time!

Over the last couple weeks I've had a few things replaced on the Lincoln.

The engine was running poorly and a replacement of the sparkplug wires fixed it. Earlier this week I had the starter solenoid and some dry-rotted belts replaced. That's pretty much it for now. I had it washed today and it looks good. I still need to get the vinyl top and exhaust replaced but both of those things combined are going to cost more than the car is worth (worth it though, in my eyes).

Here is a video. Listen with earbuds/headphones if possible.

Keep an eye on that starter solenoid. Replacement ones especially aftermarket ones are known to not even work directly out of the box.

Where did you find that? My dad had a Motorola just like that back in the late 90s. That was cool as hell to me back then.
Cleaned my car out over the weekend and found it in the trunk. I just put it in because it's pretty neat

Back