xXKingJoshXx's Lincoln Town Car

Straight pipes, duals, since it's old enough you shouldn't have to worry about emissions. As long as the length of the pipes goes to the bumper, it won't be too loud, but it will sound amazing. If you don't want to run the risk of being too loud, you can run mufflers. I'd get cheapies since I personally think they don't change the sound too much. Instead of what it sounds like now, it will be much more like this:

Regardless of what you do, anything is better than stock. It will sound a lot cooler. I wouldn't worry about loudness, you can control that with different types of mufflers. I use cheap Walker mufflers personally.

This is a short clip of my exhaust note on my truck. The engine is a 351, but it's still a Windsor. Walker cats and mufflers, dual pipes.

Yea I figured that's what you meant. We don't have emissions testing in Indiana so I wouldn't have to worry about that. That truck sounds amazing. I don't know that I have enough self-control to keep myself from enjoying that if I had those on my car. :lol:

I'd definitely like to get a nicer exhaust system than what is on there (stock) but the issue is $$$.

I also edited my post as well to include our trucks exhaust note.

You can actually make it sound somewhat like that if you just cut off the pipe before the muffler. Like I said, stock systems SUCK and they KILL power. You will have a lot better response if you put duals on it. Headers can be had for as little as $50 too if you know where to look. Craigslist usually has cheap ones.

I understand the money situation though, that sucks, it really does. I never have any cash lol.

Indiana eh? I'm coming down there in June for Trikefest @ Haspin Acres. Depending on how far away you are, we may be able to meet up :)

I also edited my post as well to include our trucks exhaust note.

You can actually make it sound somewhat like that if you just cut off the pipe before the muffler. Like I said, stock systems SUCK and they KILL power. You will have a lot better response if you put duals on it. Headers can be had for as little as $50 too if you know where to look. Craigslist usually has cheap ones.

I understand the money situation though, that sucks, it really does. I never have any cash lol.

Sounds good, I'll look into it. :)

Indiana eh? I'm coming down there in June for Trikefest @ Haspin Acres. Depending on how far away you are, we may be able to meet up :)

It's about an hour or so from me.

Definitely keep me updated. How many miles are on her these days?

That's not too far. Its about a 8 hour drive so one more hour wouldn't hurt. @Bopop4 may be coming as well. Not sure yet though.

It has about 121k I think, but I don't really check it that often.

It has about 121k I think, but I don't really check it that often.
Wow, that has less than my van, at 184k. That runs really good. Needs an oil pan gasket though and a good de-greasing.

Well if I can convince Dad to let me use the truck for a 120 round trip drive then yeah, I'd like to be there.:lol:

Only problem is gas money, we'd need a few more people to even out the costs.

Well if I can convince Dad to let me use the truck for a 120 round trip drive then yeah, I'd like to be there.:lol:

Only problem is gas money, we'd need a few more people to even out the costs.

If you come it's going to be 3 confirmed, provided you can. Possibly 4 atm.

@xXKingJoshXx

When was the last time you cleaned the injectors?

I don't know that I have... :lol: My grandma might have when she owned it but I don't know for sure.

Seafoamed what? :confused:

If you run seafoam through your engine it will clean out everything. All the carbon off the pistons etc. You wouldn't believe what will come out the tailpipes and it will run a lot better, as well as possibly increasing your MPG's. It will smoke like an SOB for a little bit, but don't worry, it's supposed to do that.

You can do the same thing with water, but only on a carbureted engine.

If you run seafoam through your engine it will clean out everything. All the carbon off the pistons etc. You wouldn't believe what will come out the tailpipes and it will run a lot better, as well as possibly increasing your MPG's. It will smoke like an SOB for a little bit, but don't worry, it's supposed to do that.

You can do the same thing with water, but only on a carbureted engine.

Interesting. I'll have to look into that. Never heard of "seafoam" or running it through an engine.

Interesting. I'll have to look into that. Never heard of "seafoam" or running it through an engine.
It's actually very common, and can improve your engines longevity. If the engine hasn't ever been cleaned, it will restore lost power caused by years of buildup and grime inside the engine.

You can clean your injectors by putting it in your gas tank. You can clean the bottom end by putting it through your oil filler cap, and since you have a 302, it will be right on the valve cover on the drivers side.

Since the engine takes 5 quarts of oil, you'll need about half a can into the oil.

Here's the fun part. Cleaning the inside. Find a vacuum line and disconnect it. Feed it directly into the can and spray away. This is will blow out all carbon buildup in the cylinder banks.

It's going to be hard to start...but when it does, let it idle to 1,500rpm for about 10-15 minutes. It will smoke BAD. It's fine. A good rule of thumb is to do it about every 10k miles to keep everything fresh.

https://www.google.com/#q=seafoaming an engine&safe=off

This is a good read.

http://diysrc.com/how-to-seafoam-your-cars-engine-to-clean-and-dissolve-carbon-buildup/

Last edited:
Got bored and decided to make a new video.

@Slashfan, sounds pretty good for an exhaust leak, doesn't it? ;)

@ameer67, yes, we got snow. :sly:

Edit: Watched this again without headphones, and the exhaust didn't sound nearly as deep :indiff:. If it matters to you, wear some decent earbuds or headphones.

Last edited:
I actually did a start on my mothers 2012 impalaand I could tell the weather took its toll on because it usually takes a haft second or less but its -5 were I am at and it took about 2 seconds to start. Though the car takes like 5 minutes to warm up.

Yet another start-up video. A bit different, however, since it's -40 and I had trouble getting it to start.

Prime it next time. I know the motor is injected and it's cold but still. It will help. Once it gets running to it helps to bring the rpms up to about 3,000rpm and let it sit there for a minute or 2 to warm it up.

Last edited:
Prime it next time. I know the motor is injected and it's cold but still. It will help. Once it gets running to it helps to bring the rpms up to about 3,000rpm and let it sit there for a minute or 2 to warm it up.

I did prime it but might have tried to crank it too much, and I think I flooded it so I let it it for a while and tried again. I thought about raising the RPM's for a couple minutes but right when I got out of the car, one of our dogs got out and I had to walk all around the neighborhood to get him (turns out he went back home, my mom picked me up in her truck). If I do have to start it up again (maybe tomorrow) I'll definitely bring the RPM's up a bit for a couple minutes.

If you flooded it, it wouldn't pop like it wanted to start and nearly disengage the starter like it was doing in the video. I'm surprised you had that much difficulty starting it, priming the carb on our truck fires it right up, though with full choke. Its about -30 here (windchill).

It should high idle at about 1500 for a minute until it kicks down to about 800. I would definitely bring the RPM's up so there is little to no risk of it stalling out.

Back