Yakuza SeriesPS4 

Playing both Yakuza 6 and GT Sport lately, and spotted this...

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190309164301.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190309164301.jpg

Yikes... one of the actors in Judge Eyes was busted for cocaine, and Sega Japan is going nuclear with scrubbing the game from existence. Deleted off their website, deleting tweets about it, etc.

Sincerely hope this doesn’t have ramifications for the western release, but unfortunately I think we can expect it to be delayed until Sega Japan decides what they wanna do about it, which’ll probably involve replacing the actor.

Yikes... one of the actors in Judge Eyes was busted for cocaine, and Sega Japan is going nuclear with scrubbing the game from existence. Deleted off their website, deleting tweets about it, etc.

Sincerely hope this doesn’t have ramifications for the western release, but unfortunately I think we can expect it to be delayed until Sega Japan decides what they wanna do about it, which’ll probably involve replacing the actor.

Really hope it doesn't affect it too badly. Still seeing sponsored ads for it, although I imagine it's hard for them to really take those down?

Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku 5 for PS4 was announced! (Absolutely loved 5, but the frame drops were...quite prevalent)

Yakuza 7 is confirmed to be turn based this time around.

That's definitely gonna create a mixed bag of emotions.

Yakuza 7 is confirmed to be turn based this time around.

That's definitely gonna create a mixed bag of emotions.

Can't help but feel "punked" by that April fools video they posted a while back. :lol:

Also, as I'm sure most of you guys have heard. The remasters of Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 are coming to the PS4. Along with a physical case for Yakuza 5 with the pre-order of the Day One Edition.
69099919_2275024902596703_4779956416108560384_o.jpg

Not for me. Best news I've had about the series.
I actually welcome the change a bit as well (the brawling style gameplay gets really tedious in the games at certain points), although I find it kinda interesting they decided to immediately jump genres on a game that is part of the main series, and not a spinoff first to see how it would've gone with the crowd.

Can't help but feel "punked" by that April fools video they posted a while back. :lol:

Also, as I'm sure most of you guys have heard. The remasters of Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 are coming to the PS4. Along with a physical case for Yakuza 5 with the pre-order of the Day One Edition.
69099919_2275024902596703_4779956416108560384_o.jpg

The remastered 3rd part is already released worldwide, no?
Once you buy the Remastered Collection, Yakuza 3 is available for download and 4 & 5 are will be available upon release, from what I understand.

New story trailer for Ryu Ga Gotoku 7!

Also just downloaded the demo from the Japanese PSN store.

Oh it came out? Time goes by fast!

What has been your impression of it so far? Once I have more time to myself I'll go check it out.

Oh it came out? Time goes by fast!

What has been your impression of it so far? Once I have more time to myself I'll go check it out.

I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet, but my brother did. He rather enjoyed the minigames and found them really entertaining. He's used to JRPGs, so the combat wasn't too bad for him. It wasn't too bad learning some of the different mechanics of it, like how enemies are weaker when they're downed and the summons are hilarious.

Also, been looking for an original copy of the US release of Yakuza 2 for years and of all things, my brother and I decided to stop by our favorite local game/music store to see what they had. And I was lucky enough to find both the original PS2 Yakuza 1 and 2 on the shelf before they even listed it on their website! Asked an employee and they said they just got it in earlier in the day! :D Already had the original, so I left that behind.
75233411_10221333826874544_5058494661685936128_o.jpg

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is coming out this year for us westerners! (As they stated on their social media platforms) No date though and who knows how things will go.

I did notice my Ryo Ga Gotoku 7 demo stopped working. :(

Digital Foundry has gotten there hands on this game on XSX

I've been watching gameplay footage of this and it looks awesome. I've never played any games in this series nor ever been interested in turn-based fighting...but I'm so into this. Definitely going to pick this up when I get a PS5.

Last edited:
For any fans of the Yakuza series, there's a free steam beat-em up game based off Streets of Rage with Yakuza characters. Free on Steam at least is what I've found.
capsule_616x353.jpg

The best one in the series is Judgment. It's just a pity they didn't properly tie it into the Yakuza universe by having Yakuza characters in it.

The best one in the series is Judgment. It's just a pity they didn't properly tie it into the Yakuza universe by having Yakuza characters in it.

Need to correct here but Judgement was never linked or advertised as part of the Yakuza series, it's a completely separate game from the same studio and was far from perfect/a few story flaws in my opinion so they very quickly realised it was time to reinvent the Yakuza franchise with a new set of characters and story.

Last edited:
Need to correct here but Judgement was never linked or advertised as part of the Yakuza series, it's a completely separate game from the same studio and was far from perfect/a few story flaws in my opinion so they very quickly realised it was time to reinvent the Yakuza franchise with a new set of characters and story.

Of course its linked to Yakuza, its set in the fictional city centre of Kamurocho, your partner is ex-Tojo clan, style and mechanics are exactly the same, it's a Yakuza game in all but name and characters.

Of course its linked to Yakuza, its set in the fictional city centre of Kamurocho, your partner is ex-Tojo clan, style and mechanics are exactly the same, it's a Yakuza game in all but name and characters.

Yes all of that is Yakuza but the important point is it's never advertised as part of the Yakuza series other than the reference to the studio themselves in the PlayStation product description.

Everyone correctly links it in the gaming community but this is why the story has none of the Yakuza characters because it's the separate spin off story with an ex Yakuza as the partner.

Yes all of that is Yakuza but the important point is it's never advertised as part of the Yakuza series other than the reference to the studio themselves in the PlayStation product description.

Everyone correctly links it in the gaming community but this is why the story has none of the Yakuza characters because it's the separate spin off story with an ex Yakuza as the partner.

It wasn't advertised as such because it didn't need to be, anyone familiar with the series would take one look and say "Yakuza game"

I know it has none but my point was it should have, could have even had a Judgment-Yakuza crossover down the line with Kiryu and Yagami as protagonists.

It wasn't advertised as such because it didn't need to be, anyone familiar with the series would take one look and say "Yakuza game"

I know it has none but my point was it should have, could have even had a Judgment-Yakuza crossover down the line with Kiryu and Yagami as protagonists.

Yes I guess they could have gone down that route but given the ending they gave to Yakuza 6 which I won't spoil here in case anyone hasn't played it I think it would have been difficult to bring Kiryu back.

I am actually about to begin a big plan to play all the Yakuza games through and finish up with Judgement at the end before I buy the first installment of the new chapter so this time round I will probably spot more connections.

On the subject of the new game would you say that Majima and Daigo might be making an appearance as I though I saw both of them in the new story trailer?

Judgment's pretty great, certainly has the most refined combat of all the Dragon Engine games. I do think that the story, while mostly excellent and I'd agree is better than most mainline Yakuza titles, feels like it doesn't unfold as well as it should... certain late game moments seem like the game expected them to be huge revelations but it felt like we already knew that info (or at least surmised as much).

Yakuza 0 is still king IMO, but I think Judgment slots in nicely at 2nd place... though I'm hopeful that Like a Dragon bumps it down to 3rd.

Last edited:
Yes I guess they could have gone down that route but given the ending they gave to Yakuza 6 which I won't spoil here in case anyone hasn't played it I think it would have been difficult to bring Kiryu back.

I am actually about to begin a big plan to play all the Yakuza games through and finish up with Judgement at the end before I buy the first installment of the new chapter so this time round I will probably spot more connections.

On the subject of the new game would you say that Majima and Daigo might be making an appearance as I though I saw both of them in the new story trailer?

They could have done a prequel as such to Judgment where Yagami as a young trainee lawyer helped out Kiryu between whatever game they decide.

I would say that having Daigo and the best character in video game history Majima would be a good move, I mean they can't really call it Yakuza 7 and disregard everything that's happened beforehand so there's got to be a solid link to the mythology

Back