Yakuza SeriesPS4 

Considering that he and Saejima are back, I wonder who the 4th guy will be, or if there ever will be a 4th guy?

"claps like a football chant" Tani-mura! "claps continue" Tani-mura! :lol:

Ok, maybe he won't make it, but that would be a nifty idea... Or the baseball guy from 5, if Sega is going for another four-man team. Who knows?

So from a fansite, one of the games featured in Yakuza 6 is a complete version of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown!

And then there's this new minigame called live chat.
tumblr_inline_od5c328UxJ1qa6ecl_500.jpg

The new hostess club system
tumblr_inline_od5bjr03lA1qa6ecl_500.jpg

This is apparently part of Karaoke...
tumblr_inline_od5bknzM871qa6ecl_500.jpg

So I can speak to real-life people, as a videogame character, on a videogame...

Ok, that hurts my brain. :ouch: :lol: But to make a videogame out of a live chat deserves some respect towards Sega, that is commendation-worthy. What more can they cram into this darn game!?

And I can't wait for some sick Dragon guitar riffs...

So I can speak to real-life people, as a videogame character, on a videogame...

Ok, that hurts my brain. :ouch: :lol: But to make a videogame out of a live chat deserves some respect towards Sega, that is commendation-worthy. What more can they cram into this darn game!?

And I can't wait for some sick Dragon guitar riffs...
The other Sega games within the game include Puyo Puyo, and the classic games that were in Yakuza 0, as far as I know.

Considering it's Yakuza, I wouldn't be surprised if Kiryu suddenly starts doing ukulele solos.

The other Sega games within the game include Puyo Puyo, and the classic games that were in Yakuza 0, as far as I know.

Considering it's Yakuza, I wouldn't be surprised if Kiryu suddenly starts doing ukulele solos.

No Outrun? Ah, that's sad to hear. Or am I wrong when saying this?

Or playing the bongos, that's a good idea too... :lol:

Outrun was in 0.

Ok, glad to know I was wrong on that. Thanks for clarifying.

I do wonder if the whole "read first chapters of mangas" gimmick will make its return... It's bound to be a licensing nightmare if the game is sold overseas, but man would it be cool.

More famous cameos; the game has a multiplayer mode where the player can create a clan of his own and control a specific territory within the game's cities. The celebrities? Well, meet them;
NJPW Yakuza 6.jpg

(from left to right) Professional wrestlers Kazuchika Okada, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Tetsuya Naito and Toru Yano, all representing New Japan Pro Wrestling. From what I can gather, they will be hired muscle which you can hire for your own clan, so yes, you can have the "Rainmaker" Okada as your hired thug. Sega continues to bring out the big guns (literally)!

Here's where I found the information (note: Italian language): http://www.freeforumzone.com/discussione.aspx?c=174864&f=174864&idd=11309824

That ending went something like "If I can protect him... I'll be happy with dying."...

...welp, Kiryu is gonna die for real, isn't he? I don't want to call it, but right now it's more likely than ever with this story...

That ending went something like "If I can protect him... I'll be happy with dying."...

...welp, Kiryu is gonna die for real, isn't he? I don't want to call it, but right now it's more likely than ever with this story...
GOTTA LEAVE THE PEOPLE HANGING!

Yakuza 6 recently came out, and I purchased the game within a heartbeat, haha

seriously I wouldn't be able to wait 2-3 years for an international version for this

ryu-ga-gotoku-6-inochi-no-uta-429361.6.jpg

ryu-ga-gotoku-6-inochi-no-uta-429361.10.jpg

Also, if you have a Japanese PSN account, you can get the final build demo, which is about 2+ hours long!

updated content, Yakuza 6 to be localized early 2018!

Kiwami 2 confirmed, as well as a new entry in the series, Shin Ryu Ga Gotoku!

Seriously cannot wait for Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2!

Anyone see the new story trailer and gameplay video from TGS?

Sure have!

While the usage of the dragon engine for Kiwami 2 (it is to be expected though) left me in a bit of doubt, the fighting still appears to be more fluid compared to the smoothed-out-but-still-clunky feel of the PS2 games. I'm going to do a 2nd playthrough of Yakuza 6 (got the NTSC-J version, couldn't wait long enough!) and try to appreciate more of the combat system.

Sure have!

While the usage of the dragon engine for Kiwami 2 (it is to be expected though) left me in a bit of doubt, the fighting still appears to be more fluid compared to the smoothed-out-but-still-clunky feel of the PS2 games. I'm going to do a 2nd playthrough of Yakuza 6 (got the NTSC-J version, couldn't wait long enough!) and try to appreciate more of the combat system.

Curious to see how Majima plays in the Dragon engine. Didn't see all that much from the video. Funny enough, I've only just started Yakuza 2 on PS2 (emulator) and been quite enjoying it. Could definitely feel the difference between that and the original. (Which I also played a little of before the U.S. release of Kiwami)

How is it playing without all the subtitles? Actually been playing the Yakuza 6 demo off the Japanese PSN store.

Curious to see how Majima plays in the Dragon engine. Didn't see all that much from the video. Funny enough, I've only just started Yakuza 2 on PS2 (emulator) and been quite enjoying it. Could definitely feel the difference between that and the original. (Which I also played a little of before the U.S. release of Kiwami)

How is it playing without all the subtitles? Actually been playing the Yakuza 6 demo off the Japanese PSN store.
The thing about the Yakuza games is that when it comes to progressing the story, it's easy as it is mainly just getting Kiryu to the marked designation on the map.

6 on the other hand, has a few missions where you aren't given a set destination to go to, and can be left hanging if you have no idea how to read japanese.

wgoziiN.png

S7Z18qZ.jpg

Somewhat surprised they brought back that cabaret club game. I enjoyed it...oddly. Definitely going to be interesting as it seems like Kiryu will be managing it this time.

Kind of sad I didn't get to download the Y6 demo before they took it down. Even though I have the Japanese demo, which I'm guessing is basically the same.

But speaking of demos, I was helping my friend move furniture in his son's new room and found an original sealed Yakuza demo disk. Sort of asked for it as "payment" since it was still sealed and I figured they didn't bother playing older games anymore.
28424084_10216165158101055_1627384968443229430_o.jpg

Probably nothing rare, but being a fan of the series. I figured why not?

Back