You can buy Colours and Racing Suits in Gran Turismo 6

• Thread starter Soulbaker
  • 14 comments
United States
LA
xSoulBaker----
I just saw this video and noticed that there is an option to buy colours (Go to 0:20)
Go to 0:45 to see the Racing Suits and Helmets dealership.

Are paint chips gone?

I don't think they're gone, as they come as extra content with the Anniversary edition.
Maybe they don't call it chips anymore, but it is basically the same. Only now you can also buy new paint, instead of having to collect it.

The way I understood it, you get the colours your cars are in and you have those at your disposal from then on, but not in a limited quantity like in GT5. I don't think you have all colours available from the start.

Quote: "In addition to car body paint supplied in the colour of the cars you have acquired..."

Also, it seems you pay different amounts for painting the car in different colours. Metallic seems to cost 3,000, Pearlescent cost 5,000 credits.

Not impressed by gt6.... No livery editior is a let down. in my opinion is very wanted and should by now be in the game.....
Also why is there no break dealing feature that makes gt6 so much more wanted? Iam a hardcore fan of GT series, but Kaz has failed to deliver. GT6 is not much new from rest of the games, and i have lost my patience in waiting for another great game from PD.

Not impressed by gt6.... No livery editior is a let down. in my opinion is very wanted and should by now be in the game.....
Also why is there no break dealing feature that makes gt6 so much more wanted? Iam a hardcore fan of GT series, but Kaz has failed to deliver. GT6 is not much new from rest of the games, and i have lost my patience in waiting for another great game from PD.
We will greatly miss you :(

Aww don't leave us. We must stick together brother.

I don't think they're gone, as they come as extra content with the Anniversary edition.
Maybe they don't call it chips anymore, but it is basically the same. Only now you can also buy new paint, instead of having to collect it.
Being able to actually buy the paint would be wonderful. I HATE the paint chip system in GT5. I still have something like 500 or 600 paint chips I need to get rid of. And out of collecting these things for years, I still only have bout 2 bright orange chips. Just a terrible system. In fact I think its THE worst paint system ever in a racing game.

Off topic but I really miss GT4 menu music. Thanks to that video I feel nastalgia kicking in.

To add to the topic, I really like the idea of picking a suit/helmet and color to your liking a lot better. The car paints, we had to pay to paint on GT5 right? I see no issue having to pay now, with in game credits of course. Seems as if their grip on control is weakening.

Last edited:
I think it works like snowgt says, you unlock the paintchip and then you can use it as many times you want, just by paying the cr.

using the screenshots as a guide, I looks like all colours and styles are unlocked (maybe by in game progression) and we wont have to struggle to get the ones we want.

The way I understood it, you get the colours your cars are in and you have those at your disposal from then on, but not in a limited quantity like in GT5. I don't think you have all colours available from the start.

Quote: "In addition to car body paint supplied in the colour of the cars you have acquired..."

Also, it seems you pay different amounts for painting the car in different colours. Metallic seems to cost 3,000, Pearlescent cost 5,000 credits.
I think that when you have a chip you can keep it forever or it becomes available in the shop to buy even if you use it and then lose it, wonder how the special edition paint chip will be used though.

Back