You know you're playing GT4 too much when...

• Thread starter Doggie
  • 2,721 comments
... you start timing the drive home from work
... you start associating real road sections with parts of your favourite tracks
... you can 'sense' the braking points
... you FINALLY press pause to have a break, leave the room, and find yourself on the set of the Jetsons

you know you're playing gt4 too much when you ask somebody " where does the sunday cup take place"

-when you go to a tuning shop and your missing and you are asking him, why would it take so long to tune the car....

lol

but the best one i read hear was " when you walk around a corner and curse at yourself you missed the apex" just perfect

When you come home, after driving behind some old women in her Suzuki Alto and IMMEDIATLY go to GTP to complain about the AI:P

When you are asleep, and your mum goes to the stairs with a vacuumcleaner and you immediatly get a GT4 racing dream where your driving your Audi R8 while breaking the 300MPH barrier.

When you go to the store and keep buying thousands of rims for your car in the hope of seeing a black LMP car suddenly pop out of nowhere saying: "for sale":drool:

When your in the car with your wife and kids and suddenly let go of the wheel and keep pressing the 4 on the radio buttons and the warning triangle in the display to switch over to BSpec mode:scared:

While being in charge over the set up of the nascar cars from the Penske Racing team, and you suddenly command full downforce on the rear, no downforce on the front, all the weight in the back and order the driver to go 1000MPH or he's fired.....:scared:

Edit:
. . . you get to your car and realize that you have your DS2 and memory card in your hands, and realize that your keys are still in the house.

ROFL:lol:

Vonie
...when you're part of an online community of more than 80,000 where you sit and talk to a bunch of nerds about GT4 all day.

Haha, true. Also when you take the racing line when walking around, and sometimes drift corners too :indiff:

Vonie
...when you're part of an online community of more than 80,000 where you sit and talk to a bunch of nerds about GT4 all day.

:lol:

... when you buy an MP3 player for the sole purpose of listening to your own tunes while playing.

You play too much GT4 when you can not find anyone in Person that can even come close to your times, and you have to look to world GT databases to find faster times.

You play too much GT4 when your times are competitive with the world databases :lol:

...when you go shoppin and end up runing to the game sectoin hoping to find a demo of gt4 to play.

...when eating has become a thing of the past.

..when you add red bull to your cearal to stay up after finishing the 24 hour race all night.

When you drift you grocery shopping cart.LOL
When you skip every class to stay in the automotive tech class for carrer t=day just to hear the 1180 hp camaro roar up every 2 hrs.YEA TODAY

When your wife has you declared legally dead, collects the insurance money, gets remarried to her high school sweatheart and you don't even care.

You have kids, there are adults that do that.........I do it with my little borther but i never thought of my dad say doing it. Man it be fun to go shopping wiht you lol. We could have a shop off and drift the whole way liek the old tv show were you get a shopping spree.

Hehe, I used to drift shopping trolleys before I knew what drifting was. :dunce: Great fun! :lol: I almost rolled the trolley right over once or twice... :scared:

jammyozzy
Hehe, I used to drift shopping trolleys before I knew what drifting was. :dunce: Great fun! :lol: I almost rolled the trolley right over once or twice... :scared:

We all are guilty of this, I purposely get the crappy shopping carts with no tires because they slide the easiest in the grocery store. :dopey: You should see the looks on peoples faces when I four-wheel drift right by them through the aisles. :crazy:

I drift anything i can get my hands on, like when after the raing, and my hill is slippery, i take my bike or scooter, and try to drift around the sharp corners, and theres many of them.

You know you are playing too much GT when among a community of 80,000 you are one of 11 or 12 that have 100,000 A spec points.
The ultimate would be when you know something about GT4 that Famine does not know about. :scared:

...when you're at a party, with good food, boose and loose chicks and all you can think of is "Now how many times will I pit on El Capitan enduro once I get home"

Doggie
...when you're at a party, with good food, boose and loose chicks and all you can think of is "Now how many times will I pit on El Capitan enduro once I get home"

:lol:👍

One thing that made me realize that I'm definitely addicted to GT4 was when I was with my 7 year old son, we saw a Ferrari Testarossa and I was pretty excited because it's not the kind of car you can see every day but he wasn't interested at all and said : "it's not a real race car... it's not in GT4".

When you think you can bounce off the guard-rail and just get back onto the road without losing much speed, and not a single scratch on your car :P

kennythebomb
...When you honestly believe that oil magically appears after being drained out.
OMG IT DOESNT?!?!?!

lol jk
...when u try to adjust your throttle/braking in middle of a turn and end up smeared across the wall 500 feet away.

I found out when I was playing,complaining about Bob on the SartheII enduro, and my g/f asks, "Who is Bob?" And I reply, "Whaddya mean, 'who's Bob?'" And then realizing that I've never actually talked about Bob irl, compared to here on GTP.

Or in the midst of a shower, realizing how to properly take a turn @ the 'Ring, and getting out of the shower and immediately hopping on the PS2.

Or referring Corvettes, Mustangs & Rx8's as 'slow' cars irl, then realizing I'm not in my Audi R8.

All very true.

Latest Posts

Back