You know you're playing GT4 too much when...

• Thread starter Doggie
  • 2,721 comments
When you start seeing ghost images of yourself everywhere and can only think of how many seconds you're losing when doing normal stuff (walking . . .)

...when you go out looking for an A-spec coffee shop where you can make your coffee by yourself; and the same with every other store..

...when going on a street and the cars in front of you stop for the red light you ram them by theyre rear bumpers yelling "right back at yah, stupid AI".. but only if you are still alive...

...when you sit for 2+ hours in front of the pc and playing GT4 thinking about what to post here...

...when you, after playing to nothing but GT4 for more than a week, preffer to play GT4 instead of playing Rumble Roses for a change...

RICHARDO
... When you hear a song from the game irl, you get flashbacks.

... When your whole day is just leading up to play again.

... When you hate people for picking NFS,MC,Burnout,etc over GT4.

... When you would rather have a DFP than a real car.

... When it becomes more than a game... it becomes a part of you.

well, DFP IS better than my POS RWD Ford.. because with DFP, I can drift cars that cost more than average house around here..

When you go on Ebay to buy a cheap second hand copy of GT4 to give to the guy who works next to you as a present, just so you can have some interesting conversations at work.

When you wonder why they've called the real Mitusbishi Evo 8 an MR when it's actually a 4WD. And the same with the new Seat Altea FR. It's an FF! Do Seat know nothing?

...when (it happened to me yesterday) you are reading the new Corvette Z06 specifications (512 hp for 1418 kg) and you quickly work out what it would be at +20% power and -10% weight.

When your step dad, who's always watching you play the game, starts coming up with ideas to put a spoiler, blue rims and a V8 Super Charger in a Bedford Rascal

... when you hate to put down GT4 for even just 30 minutes to talk to your girlfriend when they're on lunch break

... when you buy a printer just to print out GT4 info

... when you set out to find a model kit of every car in GT4 and get mad when you can't find them all.

... you spend every waking hour you can playing, and when you're at work/school you try to decide what car to buy or what event to complete when you get home.

guilty of all those... and several of the posted ones.. :D

...when you're in traffic and think that you can bump other cars off the road to pass them and nothing bad will happen...

...when you practice driving the line during everyday driving, IRL...

...when you keep every car you've won from GT4 races and look in the used car lots for cars you may never drive in-game, without selling any and think of yourself as a "car collector"...

(I'm guilty of the last 2)

when instead of thinking of baseball, you think of gran turismo when doing the deed.

Not a lot of people witll get that one.

you start tallying down all the cars you have seen in the day that feature in Gran Turismo 4 and you keep doing that for the whole month to see how many cars you have seen in GT4 on the roads and how many you need to get. In extreme circumstances pictures of cars in GT4, seen on the roads, have been taken and compiled into a hard copy gallery :nervous:

X5.
you start tallying down all the cars you have seen in the day that feature in Gran Turismo 4 and you keep doing that for the whole month to see how many cars you have seen in GT4 on the roads and how many you need to get. In extreme circumstances pictures of cars in GT4, seen on the roads, have been taken and compiled into a hard copy gallery :nervous:

er... I think you need to get out more. On a bicycle, preferably :)

When you're not able anymore to play any others racing games because of their bad quality, like the new TOCA race driver 3 :yuck: ...

- when your girlfriend comes to the couch with a bowl of noodles and you tell her to sit either side of you, DEPENDING ON WHETHER THE CAR IS LHD OR RHD.

- when you are thinking of your b-spec so much that you ask the Court to adjourn the case till the afternoon and let your client stay in prison for the rest of the morning (yes i have another Ps2 in my office - but use the same memory card) so you can go and speed up the time and work out your strategy...but still bill your client by the hour (not sped-up time either)

- when you ask your MAID to press L1 and right-arrow 3 times to speed-up time when you've gone to golf...

nurburgring
When you're not able anymore to play any others racing games because of their bad quality, like the new TOCA race driver 3 :yuck: ...

So true.I'm almost completely unable to play any new racing game without,at some point,saying "Gran Turismo 4 is better than this".I just can't see the point in playing them more than GT4.Did it for Forza,TRD3 and PGR3.

...you're disappointed that real cars don't go past 200mph with ease.

.... When you sell a car in GT4 that you loved and had a lot of good times in, and you felt a real sadness when you sold it. Sold the Trueno today which I haved owned since the first day I bought the game (bought the game about a month after its initial release). And when I decided it was time to move on and get a new project car and sold it, :( a tear welted up in the corner of my eye. I'm now the slightly deranged owner of a 93' Silvia S14.

R.I.P AE86

I never sell a car if I don't have a few spare ones of the exact same model. And I always sell the color I like the less.

I have a habit of keeping only one car on my alternate save. (the one I play the most) And for the past year or so, it has been my Trueno. But I decided to sell it because I reached my tuning potential of it. So I jumped on the JDM bandwagon and bought a white Silvia S14.

...You, finally, after a year, managed to collect US, EUR, CHN, JPN and KOR versions of the game and save 5 different savegames.

(that's me)

My mate was rumouring this when he was playing GT4 when he broke his arm but he saw a video of cracks going up someones cast.
Funny az hell:tup:

Cheers T4 GTR

3-Wheel Drive
When you look for, and buy, die cast cars just because they are featured in Gran Turismo.
Hmm. At least you have the time to look for them . . .
nurburgring
When, as a manager of a die-cast cars store, you get really excited when you received models of the ones you have so much fun in the game:

http://www.bibliauto.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=AA80477
http://www.bibliauto.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=AA80445
Drool! Damn you nurburgring!!!

You know you play GT4 too much when your nephews come over to visit and play with their little toy cars and they make engine noises and then you turn your head and cry " for crying out loud, change gears will ya! or I'll decrease the gear ration to make it easier for ya!"

...You know you're playing GT4 too much when the control vibration wakes you up when you drive off the road sleeping in the middle of a race. (happened to me many times) :eek:

Back