You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
VW Ayoreo

m1ny603br5as_800.jpg

When was the new Blazer announced? Was it the New York auto show? I didn’t see it at the 2018 Detroit auto show.
It was at a Chevy booth during the Woodward dream cruise.
A02E9F91-5D37-444C-B4CC-3AD4383ED993.jpeg
8BF186DB-C1CD-4D92-81C9-51C67E4832C0.jpeg

I just discovered this 1938 Lincoln Model K coupe by Judkins. I've never seen this model before.

I can't seem to find any concrete info on it, but it's clear this almost certainly one-of-a-kind Lincoln was done in the style of the stunningly beautiful Delage D8-120S Aerosport Coupes by Letourneur et Marchand. Only approximately 14 were built between 1936-1939.

I just discovered this 1938 Lincoln Model K coupe by Judkins. I've never seen this model before.

I can't seem to find any concrete info on it, but it's clear this almost certainly one-of-a-kind Lincoln was done in the style of the stunningly beautiful Delage D8-120S Aerosport Coupes by Letourneur et Marchand. Only approximately 14 were built between 1936-1939.
That's a first for me, and while it immediately invoked Delage for me, I wouldn't have guessed Judkins based on other examples I've seen from them.

The drooped, lapped glass was popular in France and England at that time with other D8-120 chassis getting coupe bodies featuring the treatment, perhaps most famously by Portout. Duncan used a similar treatment to great effect in England on domestic cars like Healey, and I'm given to understand those inspired the look on the production XK 120's design but only Drop Head Coupes could receive it as lapped glass wasn't tolerated at that point for the FHCs.

-> ...
Never heard of the Toyota Vanguard. Basically an extended 3rd generation Toyota RAV4.
Toyota-Vanguard-2007.jpg
^ Also known as the North American-spec Toyota RAV4.

-> In fact, this generation of the RAV4 series had 3 lengths:

- 3-Door
- 5-Door (outside NA markets, EU, Asian, & JP)
- 5-Door EWB (NA model & Vanguard)

Never heard of the Toyota Vanguard. Basically an extended 3rd generation Toyota RAV4.
Toyota-Vanguard-2007.jpg

These are everywhere over here. I always thought it was a trim of the RAV4, never actually realised it was a standalone model.

Jaguar Ascot concept car from 1977. The girl is not included in the concept.

iu
I'll admit that's new to me, too. I've never seen it before.

Speaking of the "girl is not included" comment (and this is not directed at you, kikie) if you are the type of person who goes to car shows and says stupid stuff like "do you come with the car?" or anything even remotely like that, stop. Don't do that. Never do that. Only villains do that.

Glenfrome Facet

The Glenfrome Facet was presented at the 1983 Motorfair in London and allthough Glenfrome had been building custom Range Rovers since the late 1970's for the Arab market, the Facet made Glenfrome instantly famous. Designed by Dennis Adams, who was known for the Marcos 1800 and the Adams Probe (the odd car in the Stanley Kubrik's movie "The Clockwork Orange").

The Facet's glassfibre Targa-type body was placed on top of the original Range Rover chassis and reinforced with a tube roll cage and a cast aluminium windsreen frame would make sure you wouldn't lose you head in case of roling over. The mid section of the Facet's targa roof was detachable and could be placed underneath the bonnet, which by the way was hydro-electrically lifted. Bullbars on the front and rear protect the fragile body from any impact damage. On the front end we also find an electric winch.
Glenfrome-RangeRover-Facet-08.jpg

Glenfrome-RangeRover-Facet-03.jpg

Back