You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
Innocenti Mille and Innocenti Mille Clip.

Base-model Fiat Unos built in Brazil and Poland respectively and sold under the Innocenti name after being imported into Italy. Both Brazilian and Polish-sourced examples arrived in Italy towards the end of the Uno's run but imports from both countries ceased within two years of the last Turin-built model leaving the factory in 1995. Production in their native markets continued for many years however, ending in Poland in 2002 and 2013 in Brazil.

Innocenti_Mille_3door_blue_front.JPG

Innocenti_Mille_3door_blue_rear.JPG

Innocenti_Mille_Clip_5-door.JPG

Innocenti_Mille_Clip_1.0i_5door.JPG

The TwinStar is a little too clumsy for me. I get that they wanted to retain rear seating, but I'd have preferred they left the wheelbase alone at the expense of capacity loss. I did find the use of different final drive ratios--so that one end keeps pushing while the other end shifts--intriguing.

Innocenti Mille and Innocenti Mille Clip.

Base-model Fiat Unos built in Brazil and Poland respectively and sold under the Innocenti name after being imported into Italy. Both Brazilian and Polish-sourced examples arrived in Italy towards the end of the Uno's run but imports from both countries ceased within two years of the last Turin-built model leaving the factory in 1995. Production in their native markets continued for many years however, ending in Poland in 2002 and 2013 in Brazil.

Innocenti_Mille_3door_blue_front.JPG

Innocenti_Mille_3door_blue_rear.JPG

Innocenti_Mille_Clip_5-door.JPG

Innocenti_Mille_Clip_1.0i_5door.JPG

I've seen those all the time here, and they're really something to behold.
The last Innocenti car ever, alongside with the Elba (that is basically a facelifted Fiat Duna Weekend), it's kind of the estate version of the Mille:

Innocenti_Elba_station_wagon.jpg

Far less appealing for sure, but it was once incredibly common here in Italy, for it's very low cost.
Also, finding a mint example of both is nearly impossible since it was very cheap :lol:
Funfact: the Elba stayed in production fo the italian market until 1997, until the Fiat Palio Weekend was released

Last edited:
I keep going down the rabbit hole regarding Brazilian cars (it's become sort of a nightly conversation with a buddy of mine). Tonight, I discovered the Tropivan, which appears to be some sort of creation by a company called Tropical Cabines. The Ford Ranger they made is especially weird since it's a mashup of a Ranger and a Ford Edge:

CrNlAFF.jpg

EI64ajt.jpg

The Dodge Ram is also strange, but it looks so cool and I want one.

qGfgOY3.jpg

That Ram conversion reminds me of the Ford Excursion. It would be cool to have a new Ram 2500 4x4 diesel with that conversion.

This is new to me. Stabilimenti Farina was a coachbuilder run by Giovanni Carlo Farina. Battista "Pinin" Farina was his younger brother who broke away to start his own design firm in 1930. This beautiful 1951 Lancia Aurelia B50 was one of the last designs from Stabilimenti Farina before they closed their doors in 1953. The Aurelia was the first production car with a V6 engine, an all alloy OHV unit of 1750cc and later 2000cc. Only seven or eight of these were built, and only four still survive. The Aurelia came in several different versions. The B10 was a longer wheelbase berline, while the B20 was a shorter wheelbase coupe. The B50 had the longer wheelbase of the B10 and was offered to coachbuilders to create bespoke designs. I have never seen this particular design before. It looks great in black and has a simple, restrained look that has aged well.

Last edited:
Tagaz Aquila/MPM PS160/MPM Erelis

It looks like this was originally built in Russia using a Mitsubishi 1.6 liter 4-cylinder engine between 2012-2014. A new company in France appears to have picked up the ball at this point, restarting production but renaming it the MPM PS160. It only cost €9500. This version was built between 2016-2018. They are planning on bringing it back, this time with a PSA 1.2 liter turbo triple engine, and yet another new name, Erelis which mean "Eagle" in Lithuanian.

Tagaz Aquila

MPM Erelis

Replying here (A) because it seems like the most appropriate active thread and (2) to avoid derailmemt of the thread in which I was asked. Probably could've gone with the kit car thread, but someone's going to learn of its existence from this post.

What is this? I try google image search but no result give name it just say antique car
Blackjack Avion, a kit car that utilizes a Citroën 2CV as a donor (which is why I played it after a 2CV over in Car Association). And it's actually not vintage at all, but offered from the mid-'90s to the mid-'00s.

1178663066-blackjack-avion-red-engine-detail.jpg
1178663114-blackjack-avion-red-rear.jpg

I just love the quirky styling.

I always thought Superformance's version had the most pleasing front end of the various "Sevens". Also, I'm really digging the wheels on that one.

Other than the nose, it looks like the designer was heavily influenced by the various sports coupes Zagato made for the Lancia Appia.

Back