Your 3D Mark 06 scores

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 345 comments
Considering super_supra has a better score than you with a slower video card and OCed CPU I presume it is.

Congrats on the purchase though - still a good score. 👍

This is interesting.... With other issues abound with Vista, I have just reformatted my SLi machine with XP Pro and just ran 3DMark06 again with everything at stock speeds and just pulled a 14060. I'll be curious what I can get with a optimized system.

I will be sure to post any worthy updated info.

Still climbing...working on some better numbers with just air cooling. Here's another go with a slight OC.

Details Here.

Score updated again... One more go with a 1400 FSB OC got me a score of 14,681.
Squeezing just a bit more with a 14,700 score.

Last edited:
Updated! Broke 16,000 with a CPU OC. I had to slow the ram down the make it happen, but the results are fantastic. It gave me another 400mhz to work with. Next stop, RAM and GPU. I'll let this run for a while to verify stability before I move on.

3dmark0615544.jpg

I don't have a link or screenshots right now, but I can tell you that I'm pretty sure 3dMark is CPU limited for a lot of us. With 2GB of DDR2-800, an E6600 (2.4Ghz) overclocked to 3Ghz, and GTX 260 SSC (626/1053Mhz core/memory) overclocked to 702/1167Mhz I get a 3dMark result of 125xx. It didn't even change much when I upgraded to 2x2GB of DDR2-1066.

15,544! Very nice! I've been eying the Q9650 Quad 3.0 ghz...., so watch out! :D

I should probably start a new thread for 3DMarkVantage results, but here it is. As more users provide Vantage scores, I new thread will be created. For now, here are my results:

Vantage Score = 14643

I think I need to try 3Dmark06 to get a better comparison of where my system is really at now.

Ok, so for 3DMark06, I managed to pull a 17,502 OC'ing my Q9550 stock at 2.83ghz to 3.6ghz at a 1800ghz FSB.

I know I can squeeze more of it, but I'll run this for a bit and see how stable it is.

Attachments

• 17502 at 3600ghz.jpg
    17502 at 3600ghz.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 16
How bout a vantage 26,400 score on this pc http://www.hardcorecomputer.com/Index.aspx ... wow ... now if only i had $10,000 laying around to buy the top of the line one. Watch the G4 video link. Very sexy.

And you just wait till I pay off my house in like 7 years... I will dominate once more. LoL :crazy:

Nice to see you're still lurking about. :D 👍

That is ridiculous. Don't think I'll be dropping $10k any time soon for one of these. I wonder what the "secret" liquid is? There are reports of mineral spirits being used as a non-conductive, non-corrosive liquid. I think it was awesome to build a machine like that, but you would have to neutralize the odor some way.

You'll have your house paid off in 7 years? Good for you! Why don't you refinance so you can dominate NOW. :D

Nice to see you're still lurking about. :D 👍

That is ridiculous. Don't think I'll be dropping $10k any time soon for one of these. I wonder what the "secret" liquid is? There are reports of mineral spirits being used as a non-conductive, non-corrosive liquid. I think it was awesome to build a machine like that, but you would have to neutralize the odor some way.

You'll have your house paid off in 7 years? Good for you! Why don't you refinance so you can dominate NOW. :D

Cant refinance lost my job in October. I resorted back to working with my father its just enough to get me scraping by. Hope to find something good soon. And then the world is mine!... yeah 💡

Cant refinance lost my job in October. I resorted back to working with my father its just enough to get me scraping by. Hope to find something good soon. And then the world is mine!... yeah 💡

Diam, sorry to hear that. Well the good news is that you can make your own $10,000 computer for about $300 if you have the components. Fish tank, 10 gallons of mineral spirits, radiator and fans, (bubbles optional) and old hardware, and you would be set.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php

:D

Cant you overclock your cards higher? You should see a good increase in your score once you do. Ive had my 8800GT as high as 790 core, but nothing would bench. You could probably get it up to 650-675 ish and it should be stable.

Cant you overclock your cards higher? You should see a good increase in your score once you do. Ive had my 8800GT as high as 790 core, but nothing would bench. You could probably get it up to 650-675 ish and it should be stable.

Not sure, with these three cards so close together, the heat issue is extreme. Things are stable now. I let it rest tonight and bump the cards up a bit more tomorrow. I'm just excited I broke that 20k mark. 👍

Diam, sorry to hear that. Well the good news is that you can make your own $10,000 computer for about $300 if you have the components. Fish tank, 10 gallons of mineral spirits, radiator and fans, (bubbles optional) and old hardware, and you would be set.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php

:D

Wow that is crazy.. but in both set-ups the cases or fish tank all might be too heavy to take to lan PTs. They just need to get this whole "fiber optics" thing down so that we would not have to go to extremes to cool down a system.

Wow that is crazy.. but in both set-ups the cases or fish tank all might be too heavy to take to lan PTs. They just need to get this whole "fiber optics" thing down so that we would not have to go to extremes to cool down a system.

You could always drain the system and fill it back up at the destination. :D

How about this little gem:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/cooling_products/ocz_cryo_z

I know it's crazy, but how about an idle temp of -40c to -55c with a load temp of -29c. *shrugs*, might be kinda cool.

There are two major drawbacks with this setup:

1.) Noise.
2.) Condensation build up if not properly insulated. (H2O and electronics = pop sizzle sizzle).

Would be cool though. Found one for local pickup for $399.99

Also, just ran into something else that I hadn't previously come across, [WIKIPEDIA]Thermoelectric_cooling[/WIKIPEDIA] otherwise known as Peltier Cooling.

Last edited:
Went for broke and increased my top score by about 500

zy8tat.jpg

The vdrop on this board is just stupid. I set the voltage to 1.4250 in the bios, and im getting 1.396 in windows. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Went for broke and increased my top score by about 500

The vdrop on this board is just stupid. I set the voltage to 1.4250 in the bios, and im getting 1.396 in windows. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Nice! I'm not having much luck going any faster than I have already gone.

Don't some motherboards offer cpu voltage regulation based on heat and load factors? On my board, with TM2 enabled, FSB and core voltage is regulated or throttled down when required.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back