Your 3D Mark 06 scores

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 345 comments
Nice! I'm not having much luck going any faster than I have already gone.

Don't some motherboards offer cpu voltage regulation based on heat and load factors? On my board, with TM2 enabled, FSB and core voltage is regulated or throttled down when required.

I turned all of that energy saving junk off. C1E, EIST, or speedstep as its sometimes called are all useless when overclocking. Ive seen people do some saudering on the motherboard to bypass some stuff to get 0 vdrop. I don't think im quite at the level yet.

:D Very Nice!

👍

How's the heat of those two 260's?

Idling around 51 and 54C. They get to the mid 60s. Unfortunately I'm not having much luck keeping them stable with that overclock. The first card would run at 702/1167Mhz forever, but as a pair they aren't even lasting overnight at FTW speeds (670/1152).

My E8400 was DOA, however. So I might break 20k 3dmarks when I get that and get a good overclock. That score was in Vantage, by the way. This build only scored about 13k in 2006, so that is obviously very CPU limited.

Right on.... 👍 I'm curious to see your marks when you get your processor. Are you running the 180.x drivers that support the physx use of the GPU's? It greatly improves your score in Vantage. I scored over 20k in Vantage. When I ran it with physx disabled, I think I remember getting around 13 or 14K. Ouch. :)

Right on.... 👍 I'm curious to see your marks when you get your processor. Are you running the 180.x drivers that support the physx use of the GPU's? It greatly improves your score in Vantage. I scored over 20k in Vantage. When I ran it with physx disabled, I think I remember getting around 13 or 14K. Ouch. :)

Yep. Running the newest beta driver which is 180.84 I think. When will you have the 200 up and running?

It will be a while I think. I just started tearing into the goods to organize my thoughts on setting up the water cooling. This will be a bigger task than I originally thought. I do want to get it up and running as soon as I can, but I want to do it right and not screw it up. :)

I'm working on squeezing a few hundred Mhz out of the E6600. I'm not too afraid to push it right now since I'll have the E8400 soon. Running it at 3.09Ghz right now, and pushing the GPUs back to my first OC of 702/1167. Who knows, I might get lucky and it'll stay stable. :dunce:

Edit: Blue screened on the first Vantage test. :lol:

I'm working on squeezing a few hundred Mhz out of the E6600. I'm not too afraid to push it right now since I'll have the E8400 soon. Running it at 3.09Ghz right now, and pushing the GPUs back to my first OC of 702/1167. Who knows, I might get lucky and it'll stay stable. :dunce:

Edit: Blue screened on the first Vantage test. :lol:

:lol: That's how it goes.....

:lol: That's how it goes.....

19024. Running the CPU at 3.2Ghz, GPUs at 670/1052 (FTW speed). Not entirely sure the CPU is stable, as it took several attempts for Vantage to complete. Might bump the voltage up just a bit more.

Proofs.

Isn't there a new leaderboard in this thread somewhere?

Edit: 19342 Overclocked to 3.3Ghz. Kinda stable. We'll see.

I'm going to bed. Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:
Very nice! That would put you in second place. :)

Just 700 more points to brake 20k.... You can do it! What voltage are you at already?

Very nice! That would put you in second place. :)

Just 700 more points to brake 20k.... You can do it! What voltage are you at already?

Ugh, its 1.4xxx in BIOS. After looking at the vdrop in CPU-Z I should be around 1.40. But its running at 48C with two Folding@home instances. I haven't even played a game on this setup yet. I've only spent hours overclocking. :lol:

3dmark0615544.jpg
You missed mine on the list Pako. 15544.I see Open Driver hit 15791. I used a valid Nvidia driver so I know I can can get 16000 with 180.48

Pulled a 21,468 with the latest drivers and a ~4.0ghz OC on this Q9550. I would love to see what I could do with a E8600 processor. Guys are getting 4.5-5ghz.

I'll try and update everyone's scores.

Attachments

• 21468 gtx280 sli.jpg
    21468 gtx280 sli.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 14
13,476 3DMarks
I tried going to 3.75ghz but CPU got up to 75c, which is close to the redzone for my cpu.

Sisoftware lists my max core voltage rating at 1.113v and my cpu DC line is listed as 1.30v. think i'm gonna bump my vcore down again and go back to 3.4ghz.

ew 18,002, definitely worse than expected, although had a few things going on in the background.
phenom II X4 940, 4890's crossfire, 8gb ram

ew 18,002, definitely worse than expected, although had a few things going on in the background.
phenom II X4 940, 4890's crossfire, 8gb ram

you could probably hit 19-20k w/ a minor overclock of your cpu and videocard if everything is already stock. Is there any reason you went with 8gigs, and do you notice any performance increase using 8 over 4? I wonder if i would see a worthwhile increase in performance in games like GTA IV. probably not :/ i think the wr holders use 2-4 gigs in 3dmark 06 and in vantage

I too wonder why people seem to put so much memory in computers. Unless you're come kind of video or heavy graphics editor. Or a server.

Okay, it's securing you for the future, but by the time 8 gig is the norm RAM will be a lot faster.

Crysis of all games only seems to use 2gigs of RAM - games mainly need video card memory really.

Don't get me wrong though, nice setup! :)👍

Back