Your 3D Mark 06 scores

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 345 comments
On XP, 64-bit I didn't notice much difference on anything over 4gb's. Vista 64-bit on the other hand is a different story. However, for benching purposes, even on Vista or Windows 7 64-bit, I got better benches with only 2gb instead of 4, 6 or 12gb's of ram.

Just got 4292. I think my stumbling block is clearly my budget card and low res 4:3 screen. Lucky that's my next update then, huh?

http://service.futuremark.com/home....chipsetId=500&resultId=12170210&resultType=14

3dmark06q.jpg

With my 4870 upgrade, I've jumped up to 10625 points...that was running at 1024 x 1080 as well, for some reason.

Hmm, just remember I'm not on the best drivers, be back again tomorrow!

That might be why my results were trying to tell me my GPU clock was running at something like 9Mhz.

that's odd, my pc did better in the graphics section, but my cpu, mobo, and ram are inferior, and i ran a higher resolution than G.T. i was using stock speeds for the 5850. i havent tried overclocking it at all.

Hmm your link just loads blank for me. :/ I want to know how many more points your 5850 is giving over mine.

That's the max resolution I can run it at because my TV is only that resolution. My GPU was overclocked about 9% memory/core in that test. I could push over 20000 if I done even more so, especially with the processor since it has so much more to give. I'm just worried about the unstability and stock cooling. :P

What are your full PC's specs? Still a pretty good score without a quad core.

Okay the compare thing works now...

I see you run 64 bit Vista and a slightly newer Catalyst driver. Maybe that's what's making the difference... I shall update the driver and see what happens.

Edit: Actually where did you get that driver from? It appears to be in beta.

Edit2: I downloaded that driver and the 3.0 test seems to be better (running stock now). But the SM 2.0 score is still lacking. :odd: But it's the newer SM that counts I guess!

19,800 though... :)

Last edited:
I just emptied my bank account and ordered:

Windows 7 ultimate
i7 920
6 gigs DDR3 1600 ram
ASRock X58 mobo

and I just got a ATi HD 5850 graphics card....

Back