Your DR/SR progress tracker (provided by Kudosprime).

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 218 comments
It seems that way. We need some other lap variations to check. It would be rather easy to boost SR if the ovals also give you 1 point per lap. I guess I could quit out of a few races to tank my SR, then check what a clean race does on an oval. I lost 5 points when the game crashed at the start of a race, easy way to lower SR without hurting anyone. (DR drops too but I'm not to bothered by that, see my stats lol)

Well, it looks like undertaking under a yellow is something like -5 (I just got penalised when the car in front of me span off under yellows and I couldn't avoid overtaking).

I noticed an error in mine, it says I have done 0% mission challenge and 52% circuit experience. Which is the the opposite of what I have actually done.
However it is a very good resource and good information to have at hand.

No it isn't. Well, probably.

I got placed in a race with one S up front, rest D, me B yet last since I didn't qualify. I only made up 5 positions driving carefully in the 3 lap race and lost about 5000 DR points. On the Suzuka 10 lap race I got placed in a very fast room, started 19th with qualifying, made it to 17th, gained DR.

However SR ranking is much more a determining factor for matchmaking. I got placed with the easy room when my SR had gone down to 86/99 due to a bunch of those yellow flag nonsense penalties in a row and the game crashing on me. After 2 races it was back to 99/99 and I got matched with the usual S,A,B crowd.

Well, it looks like undertaking under a yellow is something like -5 (I just got penalised when the car in front of me span off under yellows and I couldn't avoid overtaking).

It seems that way. One can be enough in a 3 lap race to get a red rating. Avoiding an accident and ending up with a shortcut penalty can get you to white already. I just lost 14 points, down to 85/99 in one race because of someone driving like a maniac. Crashing into me twice, both times punting me into another car, +5 sec penalty and huge SR drop. I guess I'll go race Suzuka again to restore it. Fittipaldi is a crash course. I made a short compilation of some of the highlights of today. The race that cost me 14 manner points is the last clip. It all happened in the first lap.

Needed a break after that nonsense, the room kept getting worse. Too many DR.A drivers, maybe it's time to lower my DR again, I'm getting too close to DR.A Sat Dec 30 2017 14:30:44 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) -> DR:28056 | SR:85/99 | Races:590 | DPUR:90

I got placed in a race with one S up front, rest D, me B yet last since I didn't qualify. I only made up 5 positions driving carefully in the 3 lap race and lost about 5000 DR points.
That shouldn't even come close to happening. The largest single drop I've ever seen, for starting near the front in an all B/S, 12-car lobby and finishing last is -2,281pt, but that included a level drop from B to C and the game always takes more points off you for dropping a level.

Outside of level drops, the most I've ever seen in a 3-lap, 12-car race is 951pt.

That shouldn't even come close to happening. The largest single drop I've ever seen, for starting near the front in an all B/S, 12-car lobby and finishing last is -2,281pt, but that included a level drop from B to C and the game always takes more points off you for dropping a level.

Outside of level drops, the most I've ever seen in a 3-lap, 12-car race is 951pt.

That kinda matchmaking shouldn't happen. No clue why the whole room was D except me in last and a DR.S up front. Perhaps I lost some in the previous races as well yet that's when I noticed a big drop and checked it online.

I was wrong about the max 10 SR points for 10 lap races. I just got back 13 points for the Suzuka race. No clean race bonus so the max is still higher. My SR went from 85 to 98 in one race. No wonder it's so easy to stay at SR.S For a 3 lap race it was max 4 with clean race bonus.

No clue why the whole room was D except me in last and a DR.S up front.

Yo, Sven... I'm DR:A

Nice races with you the last few days... I'll agree, Kyoto today is interesting, especially on the first lap or two. Those cars are fun though and I'm a glutton so I'm going back for more.

Mine is just depressing. Trying to get the clean race streak and in 1 day i've lost 8000 points in DR
yeah, same here... the cleaner i race, the less i risk, the lower my DR gets.
also frustrating if you run up on really slow cars (after spinning or a bad corner) and they are not transparent and in the middle of the racing line...

Yo, Sven... I'm DR:A

Nice races with you the last few days... I'll agree, Kyoto today is interesting, especially on the first lap or two. Those cars are fun though and I'm a glutton so I'm going back for more.

Yep nice racing there, those cars are a lot of fun. I'll be back for the next race. Suzuka is kind of a snooze ride after Fittipaldi. Same happens there, first lap pushing shoving, then regain position in the next few laps and then it kinda stays there while the field slowly expands. You can't change to different tires so pit strategy doesn't really matter. Close to A now
Sat Dec 30 2017 17:02:36 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) -> DR:28901 | SR:99/99 | Races:592 | DPUR:95
It hurts. I improved my qualifying time for Suzuka and was rewarded by starting 14th, dropped to 17th in the first lap, finished 11th for 264 points.

Edit: I got to DR.A almost lost it again next race, frigging crazies. Down 7 SR points from getting used as a corner tool and penalties from yellow flags. I stand by my opinion DR.B is cleaner than DR.A. Too many crazy moves. Can't stop though, too much fun. There's always Suzuka to restore SR.

Last edited:
Very cool thread with @Milouse 's work. :)

http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1101901

Distinct Days Game Access 70
Sport Mode Performances 54,100
Sport Mode Sportmanship 99/99
Campaign School 100 %
Campaign Mission 100 %
Campaign Circuit 100 %
Car(s)195
Car(s) bought 57
Credits earned 30,578,040
Mi earned 248,911
Xp Level 38 | 85% (43518 pts)
Distance driven 28,469.076 Km
Liveries 195
Photos 352
Country code pt
Profile iD1101901 (Link to Official)
Followers 271
Status (WIP)(1)

yy-dmUusS0WevsMP3z6wlg.png

nlVhi1JSQ7iA0Non7H3Rbg.png

The latest drop in SR and DR was due to my only rage quit at the Mount Panorama Gr.3 race (Manufacturers) of Season 2. I left sport mode for a month after that. Been doing a 10Lap Gr.3 here and there when the combo is decent and did 4 FIA races this season.

That kinda matchmaking shouldn't happen. No clue why the whole room was D except me in last and a DR.S up front. Perhaps I lost some in the previous races as well yet that's when I noticed a big drop and checked it online.

I was wrong about the max 10 SR points for 10 lap races. I just got back 13 points for the Suzuka race. No clean race bonus so the max is still higher. My SR went from 85 to 98 in one race. No wonder it's so easy to stay at SR.S For a 3 lap race it was max 4 with clean race bonus.

I have wondered whether more than 10 SR is possible. I've been keeping track and I haven't seen more than 10 improvement. However, I've seen a -13. I don't have the time or motivation to keep binning my SR and rebuilding it but it's good to see you've had a +13. I've gone from S to B in one race so clearly it's possible to lose more.

I have wondered whether more than 10 SR is possible. I've been keeping track and I haven't seen more than 10 improvement. However, I've seen a -13. I don't have the time or motivation to keep binning my SR and rebuilding it but it's good to see you've had a +13. I've gone from S to B in one race so clearly it's possible to lose more.

It's quite easy to go up or down. DR as well. The Fittipaldi race shot me up massively yesterday. I like fast cars yet now I'll probably get slaughtered as I'm more comfortable racing clean mid DR.B
W9Cc.jpg

Just from starting in the top 5 consistently instead of the murderous back field.

Anyway if I'm getting used as a pinball again, I'll see how far SR points can go back up. That is if Brand's hatch doesn't kill me first.

The system is getting smarter though. Yesterday I got crashed into from behind a couple times at the chicane, sending me off track into a shortcut for the second part of the chicane. No SR Down and no shortcut penalty. Of course in another race I got -14 for someone crashing through in the hairpin sending me into the car next to me, sending that one into the wall like a game of billiards for SR Down plus time penalty. That happened twice with the same driver in that round. Secondary collisions still need sorted.

Consistently moving down, I’ll be SRC next race. My last 2 races I was the only one not to have a penalty, still moving down. Awesome.

Here's mine:

View attachment 702455

View attachment 702456

• When I first started Gran Turismo Sport I played "naturally", getting my DR/SR up as high as I could and enjoying the races along the way (my peak being B/S).
  • Then in late November I decided to go for the Certified Genius and Record Number of Wins Trophies.
  • Although I am reasonably quick (and very clean) I wasn't making much progress in the regular races so I decided to "tank" my ratings and find easier opponents*.
  • What followed was a sharp decline until I found a spot where I would get Pole/Win in the majority of my races.
  • I stayed there for 2-3 weeks and unlocked both Trophies just before Christmas.
  • Since then I have been playing "naturally" again, and am quickly getting back up to my previous peak.

I'll have to check this again in a month or so to see how much closer I get to my target of S/S. :)

*The safest way to do this is to quit every race where you don't start on Pole or in a winnable position. You get a DR/SR penalty for quitting and by doing it this way you also don't have to disturb any other players while you get your rating down.

when do you quit? in warmup?

Ugly...
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1033148
My SR points have halved in just 2 days! No wonder why I slipped 2 grades!

Looks like game retains DR points but demotes you to lower DR if your SR drops. I must try to lower my SR so I can lower DR rank without actually losing too much DR points.
I'm sitting at 18 wins which I got naturally, but game is constantly matching me with someone from top 10 EU qualifiers so I don't see how I can get that 20 wins achievement without resorting to lowering my SR and thus DR rank.

http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1166029

I was SR:S and maxed out at 99pts about two weeks ago, but my SR just keeps falling at the moment - sick and tired of being punished for other people's inability to leave enough space, their ignorance in re-joining the racing line at low speed after they've made an error and left the road and most annoyingly of all, their blatant cheating. The last race I just did at Dragon Trail - a Spanish guy two cars ahead of me made a mistake at the last corner and went onto the grass on the outside. Re-joining just in front of me, I took a wide line coming across the grid markings to give him space and he just kept pushing me wide, and then hit me hard to punt me into the end of the pit wall, dropping me to last while he carries on. Naturally, my SR goes down and he gets nothing for it. I'm on the verge of DR:C now.

This is a very useful link though, so thanks for the effort and for sharing it.

Hey everyone :)

While browsing the forum today I came across this post:

So, thanks to the clever work of @Milouse in analysing the Gran Turismo Sport Community Portal we're now able to view our own DR and SR histories and see how well we've been doing so far :cheers:

How to get your DR/SR history:

Once you've done the above you should see some graphs showing how your DR and SR have increased/decreased over your time with Gran Turismo Sport. :D
Am I the only one who's completely annoyed that these instructions aren't made clear on the actual Kudosprime site? Drag me if I'm wrong, and then please point me in the direction of finding this information on the site in an organic way so I don't have to search the forums for this again.

Back