Your entry into the world of GT?

• Thread starter Guardian
  • 229 comments

What was the very first GT game you played?

• Total voters

Guardian

(Banned)
Scotland
Scotland
Mazerati-75
Simple question, what was the very first GranTurismo game that you played? :)

(Also, what was your first car in said game?)

I only started playing via the PSP game. I liked it so much I got GT5 - and here we are :)*

So, how did it all start for you?

-------
With thanks to my GTPedia for the list of games ;)👍

*Forgot to add - my first cars were:

GT PSP - Alfa Romeo 156
GT5 - Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97

Last edited:
Mid November, 1999. Original Gran Turismo borrowed from friend. A week later I go out to spend my entire savings on a brand new Gran Turismo 2. And so the collection begins...

Got a PS2 in Christmas 2001 with Gran Turismo 3. Haven't finished GT2 by then yet, so, I kept swapping between them both.

Even with my financial difficulties over the years, I still managed to keep up, and completed every single game of the series. Now, even though I don't own the versions that I wish I had, I at least own one of every game in the series.

Also, just for kicks, what's your first car in each of the games?

GT: Used Toyota Supra from the 80's
GT2: Used red Nissan Skyline R32, not the top of the line model, one of weak ones.
GT3: New, previous generation, Mazda MX-5
GT4: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II, bought some rubber and a stage 1 turbo. Went for a very long time until I finally drove something else! (got my credits from GT3)
GT PSP: The started Alfa Romeo.
GT5: Daihatsu Copen and a Kart (because of the trophy. Back then, I didn't know there was a limit, or I would have got myself a better car)

First GT-game was GT3, my friend owned the disc, we played it together, I remember we had blue miata all tuned up that could drift n' grip on the fly, even though customization wasn't big in that game, I kinda remember it looking like this :sly:, that was all we really did in that game, never got much farther out of lack of interest at the time.

First 'racing game' I remember buying and dumping hours into myself was NFSU 1, I wasted hours drifting around the junkyard (or w/e it was) in my orange 240sx, oh the memories...

I started with the original gran turismo on ps1. At one point I owned every gt title, except the collector editions. Never realized on the first gt that came out for ps2 that you could put your memory card into it with gt data saved from ps1 and you wouldn't have to do the license tests. Not sure what else would transfer though as I never tried it.

I remember seeing the original Gran Turismo demo running at a Toys-R-Us and I couldn't believe how real it looked. I had to have it. Been a GT fan and Playstation owner ever since.

I was always a fan of Skylines in the original games - something about the allure of driving a car not available in the states, and I just loved it's look :cool:

My first GT game was GT1. I was very young at the time but I still have a vague memory of when I first got it. I've owned every main game in the series ever since.

My first was also Gran Turismo... a friend had it and went straight from his place to the store. Since then, it's been release day for the others. I still have all 3 versions of the PS... just to play them whenever I like lol.

Have a good one

I started my Gran Turismo love with GT1, I bought a Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno and I loved it to bits :) since then it's been my starter in every Gran Turismo bar one.. *glares at GT5 for not having it available from the start*

I actually borrowed it from a friend of mine and never wanted to give it back XD

It was the same deal with 2 as well, I borrowed that game because my mother refused to buy the games for me. She finally caved when 3 came out, I got 100 percent completion in every game since :)

So since the very beginning Gran Turismo has been a massive part of my life <3

Last edited:
GT1!! Since then i got every new version and I love them all!! My very first car was a Suzuki Cappuccino!!

Really? I don't remember Suzuki even being in GT1, leave alone the Cappuccino

Started in GT2 with a Miata.
Then GT3 I got a Vitz.
Then GT4 I got an Evo.
And in GT5 I got the kart of course. :dopey:

I've gotten 100% completion in GT1, 2, 3, and 5. Only got to 98.2% in GT4 before the PS2 quit. :(

GT1. July '98 for me! As for starter cars:

GT1: MA70 Supra (White)
GT2: '82 Starlet ("Silver" [Green])
GT3: AE86
GT4: Technically, a Z3 M Coupe, thanks to the amount of license prizes saving me buying a car for a while.
GT5P: Focus ST (avoided the better ITR on account of wanting to try something new)
GTPSP: Starter Alfa.
GT5: '89 Miata.

Around the time GT5 came out, I started playing GT4 (yeah, I know... :dunce:). I borrowed the game along with a fat PS3 (because they can run PS2 games) from a friend. Completed the game in a few months, then bought GT5 (and eventually my own PS3).

My first car in GT4 was a '97 MR2 (don't recall the exact model) and for GT5, I believe it was a Tiburon.

I wish I had discovered the series from the beginning, so I could share the memories and the nostalgia with everyone!

GT2: JZA70 Supra
GT3: Toyota Vitz
GT4: I can't remember.
GT5P: I can't remember. I remember the second car being a RSX.
GT5: Tommy Kaira ZZ-S. I started with licenses, and I'm not counting the Kart.

I started with GT3. I actually spent more time looking through rims than racing! I also asked my mum for help sometimes.

Can't remember my first car, it was probably the trueno gt apex. My best car is the Panoz.

I remember doing the Rome enduro then quitting because I thought I'd done the full race...

Bought a PS2 especially for GT4 (ok, and dor Need For Speed Underground) ;)
Hooked from the 1st race.
Loved the intro on GT4 by the way :)

First one I played was GT1, then I played GT2, but the first one I owned myself was GT3. I didn't actually own the first two until recently and still don't remember the first cars I had (is 22 old enough to forget such important things?), but in GT3 it was a Mazda MX5... several times over, as I didn't have a PS2 memory card yet.

I started with the original gran turismo on ps1. At one point I owned every gt title, except the collector editions. Never realized on the first gt that came out for ps2 that you could put your memory card into it with gt data saved from ps1 and you wouldn't have to do the license tests. Not sure what else would transfer though as I never tried it.

Surely you mean GT3 and GT4. The save data from a PS1 game can not possiblly be used on a PS2 game.

By having a GT3 data, you can transfer some credits to your GT4 data.
By having GT4 Prologue, you can achieve bronze on the licences. in GT4

I have played since GT1. My first car in that game, I think, was a white Mazda Demio. Man that car was slow. I remember taking it round the Tahiti track for my first race, I think it was the clubman cup.

God I love Gran Turismo.

I have played since GT1. My first car in that game, I think, was a white Mazda Demio. Man that car was slow. I remember taking it round the Tahiti track for my first race, I think it was the clubman cup.

God I love Gran Turismo.

The Thaiti track was first seen in GT2, not G1. Although the Demio was available on both games.
I won mine as a prize car. With a new clutch and a turbo, that little rocket made my progress fast as lighting! :dopey:

It was GT2 for me. But I was a kid back then so all I did was arcade mode.

My first serious entry was GT4 in an Evo II

GT2 was the first game I played, t was on a friends PS1. However, GT3 was the first game I owned, it was the official Logitech FFB wheel that got me into the series.

GT and my first car was a Mitsubishi FTO can't remember the exact model.

Thanks PD for years of fun and addiction 👍

Back