Your entry into the world of GT?

• Thread starter Guardian
  • 229 comments

What was the very first GT game you played?

• Total voters
GT2: Spring 1999
GT3: Summer 2004
GT4: Fall 2007
GTPSP: Summer 2011
GT5: Fall 2010 :D
GT6: Winter 2013
:gtplanet:: Summer 2012

oh come on now, get a grip :D rose-tinted spectacles
Rose-tinted spectacles? The dictionary says that's means I only remember the pleasant parts of a memory. Well yeah, I can't remember anything unpleasant about that moment. I don't see how being introduced to GT for the first time can be unpleasant. :P

I forgot to say this:

GT1: 2001-2002
GT2: 2001-2002
GT3: 2002
GTC: 2002
GT4: 2005
GT5P: Late 2009 - Early 2010 (i didn't buy it but my brother borrowed it from his friend.)
GT5: 2010
GT6: Late November 2013 (it got leaked over here)

First game was Gran Turismo. Was one of the demos I played back in the Playstation underground days, got my dad to buy it and was hooked ever since.

Would have been Gran Turismo 4, back when it was really relevant. I remember seeing the Ford GT on the cover of it and I thought it was pretty cool at a Blockbuster. Never actually bought or rented it.

After I got a PSP, I decided to check out this "Gran Turismo", and I've been playing them ever since.

Just now I rarely have time for it.

Would have been Gran Turismo 4, back when it was really relevant. I remember seeing the Ford GT on the cover of it and I thought it was pretty cool at a Blockbuster. Never actually bought or rented it.

After I got a PSP, I decided to check out this "Gran Turismo", and I've been playing them ever since.

Just now I rarely have time for it.
Reminds me of how I got into GT. My parents played GT a lot, got 98% on GT3 by the time I played it, I just loved the arcade mode. Didn't start GT Mode til GT4

Rose-tinted spectacles? The dictionary says that's means I only remember the pleasant parts of a memory. Well yeah, I can't remember anything unpleasant about that moment. I don't see how being introduced to GT for the first time can be unpleasant :P
Yeah I know but I thought saying rose-tinted sounded kinder that simply calling bs :D

No, I don't believe you'd remember it though. You might think you remember it because you know its true, but you don't actually remember.
Oh, that's what you're calling BS. Hmm, I guess I can understand that. Well yeah, I probably shouldn't made my age so specific, my apologizes.

Oh, that's what you're calling BS. Hmm, I guess I can understand that. Well
yeah I probably shouldn't made my age so specific, my apologies
No need to apologize, we were just waffling away on a forum

Not at all important in the big scheme of things eh? :)

I started with the original Gran Turismo when I was 13 or 14. I remember seeing a small preview of it in GamePro. I was actually a little taken aback by it, as it described a "realistic" racing game that was sure to be "really challenging" or something. What exactly were all the racing games I play then, I thought? Unrealistic? Easy? The graphics looked good. I swear it made me nervous.

My best friend ended up getting it the day it came out. I must have pressured him to do so. Just getting started, it seemed really alien compared to the Need for Speed and Test Drive type crap we were used to. We bought a used red Celica. Oh boy. We went to try it out in a time trial at Grand Valley East. The track didn't look too curvy, should be easy.

He took it out for a go. Slow, wow. Will we ever get to the end of this straightaway? Finally, coming down to turn 1... screeched right off into the gravel. What happened? Restart, give me the control. Ok, here comes turn 1... slam on the e-brake, just like NFS taught me! Surely I was going to rail around that bend! I cruised all the way to the wall, BAM.

Gran Turismo is the only racing game either of us ever really played since.

'A virtual saloon car'...This was my goal when i bougth the GT4...
At the time, i did not care about 'video games'...But i had to learn to view my 'saloon cars' on the track.
The first car that i am really fall in love was the 350Z.

Back