Your entry into the world of GT?

• Thread starter Guardian
  • 229 comments

What was the very first GT game you played?

• Total voters
My very first car in GT4 was a Toyota MR2 GT-Limited '97 in orange mica. I make an effort to own it in every game. It helps that the second-gen MR2 is insanely fun to drive.

GT3 - PT Cruiser (worst car ever)
GT4 - Mazda RX-7 FC
GT5 - Mazda Eunos Roadster
GT6 - Cadillac CTS-V Coupe (after Fit)

GT2: Honda Civic '96, though I earned the Spoon S2K before buying it
GT3: PT Cruiser (My first GT game, I got GT2 much later)
GT4: HPA R32 (after 100k)
GT5: Toyota Celica SS-II '99
GT6: Why not buy a really cool car for your money? Because of the Honda Fit. I think I later purchased a Camaro SS '00 after making money with the 15th Ann. cars

Last edited:
You people are nuts. I can't remember my first GT5 purchase, let alone GT1-4. lol

I think in 1/2 it would have been some Silvia or other (13 or 14 or possible 180), 2 either the same or the Pulsar GTi-R. 3, no idea. 4, no idea. 5, no idea.

6? Well, smart ass comments of the fit aside, I'd bet it would be an easy guess what came next. :D

The first GT i owned was GT3 and I think i bought some sort of civic. In GT5 I also bought a civic. I'm not sure what it was in GT6 but it might have been a honda fit.

I can't remember what I bought in GT4. Might have been a civic, not sure.

..............Dang it, I can't seem to remember, for the life of me, what my first car was back in GT2....
But I do remember my first "paid-for" car in GT3 was....a Miata. And in GT4...also a Miata. Then in GT5....yep, it was ANOTHER Miata. Sigh. Probably the reason why I don't like Miatas at all anymore - feels like I've been forced to buy 'em time and time again. But that's just me. Heh. :D

..............Dang it, I can't seem to remember, for the life of me, what my first car was back in GT2....
But I do remember my first "paid-for" car in GT3 was....a Miata. And in GT4...also a Miata. Then in GT5....yep, it was ANOTHER Miata. Sigh. Probably the reason why I don't like Miatas at all anymore - feels like I've been forced to buy 'em time and time again. But that's just me. Heh. :D
What forced you, may I ask?

What forced you, may I ask?

........That's the fun part: I don't remember!! ...:lol:

Oh wait, I think it was those "car explanation"-thingy that said "Hey, Miata is THE best beginner's car!! Buy this, you won't regret it!!" or something like that. I think. :boggled:

Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg in GT5 if I remember correctly. 2 years & 4 days ago. I think it was the most powerful car appearing in the Used Car Dealership for less than 20 grand at the time.

The first car I ever bought was (I think) an orange Mazda Demio Sport A-Spec in GT1, though the forst car I ever owned was the prize Miata you win after completing the B license.

Amazing I can still remember my first car in GT1 so vividly after 15 years. It was a white Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg R hatchback.
I was pretty young at the time, barely three years old I am sure.

I am pretty sure mine was the exact same.(Well actually it was my Dad's car, but I played the damn game more than him!)

I didn't have any other GT game since GT5, However I played GT4 at a friends house a lot. In GT5 I first owned a Miata.

I really wish GT6 had a used dealership and a way of not having a Fit first. :(

GT2: Supra Turbo MkIII
GT3: Miata (NC)
GT4: Megane 16v
GTPSP: Pontiac Vibe GT
GT5: Civic Type R (EK9)
GT6: Honda Fit, then a trans am.

What was the first you bought in your first Gran Turismo game? mine was the Chrysler PT Cruiser in Gran Turismo 3, i looked for a threat like this and i couldn't find one so i decided to make one, if there is one, my mistake. :cheers:

I found the older thread for this, though as it's meant to cover the whole series, I figured it'd work to merge it with the newer GT6 thread and see everybody's responses in one. 👍

So, my old post:

GT1. July '98 for me! As for starter cars:

GT1: MA70 Supra (White)
GT2: '82 Starlet ("Silver" [Green])
GT3: AE86
GT4: Technically, a Z3 M Coupe, thanks to the amount of license prizes saving me buying a car for a while.
GT5P: Focus ST (avoided the better ITR on account of wanting to try something new)
GTPSP: Starter Alfa.
GT5: '89 Miata.

With a new addition: ignoring the Fit that was thrust upon me, my first purchase was the new-shape Demio. Aw, yeah.

Back