Your experience of FIA Nations & Manufacturers races?

Daily races or FIA races - which do you prefer?

• Daily races

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • FIA races

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jamiemb17
Are people hyper-competitive or aggressive in them? Is the racing as clean as/more clean than/less clean than daily races? What kind of experience have you had playing them?

I mostly run the dailys.

I just dont feel like training for half an hour to an hour just for 1 race. I'd rather use that time to train and then do a couple of races in the daily.

I’m actually all about the Manufacturers races these days. I’m chasing ranking points with the aim of getting better so there’s some progression there. The dailies just don’t have the same ultimate goal other than grinding DR.

Edit:// To actually answer the question. There’s no real difference I’ve seen between how people behave in DR:B SR:S. Generally most people race cleanly and consistently. There’s the odd torpedo, the odd severe mistake, especially around tracks like Suzuka but generally, people want to actually race.

Last edited:
Speaking as DR A, SR S in asian region the bulk of the drivers are serious but fair and punting is nearly non-existent.

Every now and then it will creep in as some forget to keep their ego in check and go all out for payback over a love tap, but rare.

I tend to ignore the FIA races purely because they are pointless unless you are A/S for DR. And the ones I did do in the first two or 3 weeks I tended to find the driving standards a bit lower than usual as people were a bit over excited.

Plus for me the times are too rigid and having a family I can't be on at the right times every night so no point doing them.

My fia race was ruined by the qualifying when I was doing my lap i got bumped twice sending me to the tire wall and the gravel trap. Pathetic is all I can say really about the fia races.

Lobbies and daily races are good. But i wont be doing much of the fia races.

I do both, just not Gr4 FIA races, I picked Mitsubishi last week and the Gr4 Lancer is slow AF (probably one of THE slowest cars of all), I was actually triggered. Plus Renault seems to be the FOTM so obviously many Meganes in there.

I sometimes do the same daily race multiple times, some of them are pretty short and a decent way to increase DR, FIA not so much (on DR) since it's more of an endurance, consistency and not wiping out to end up at the bottom of the pack.

My fia race was ruined by the qualifying when I was doing my lap i got bumped twice sending me to the tire wall and the gravel trap. Pathetic is all I can say really about the fia races.
Yeah I hear you on qualifying, when leaving the pits, let the crowd by you on the first lap from exiting pits and try and get some space and you can do your qualifying run.

I find the daily races to be majorly annoying with the amount of ramming and ridiculous defending. I was A/S last night, after 3 races I was down to B/B thanks to first turn pileups where I get hit from the side or the rear. It’s just annoying! People don’t allow space and if you’re passing on the edge of the track I’m nearly always forced off! And the defending.... the drivers just swerve all over just to make sure you don’t get a run or take the inside line. I had a race last night behind a 458 in the Gr3 who was in 1st, every time I went for the inside line, he’d block and then when I’d move to the outside to get the faster exit speed, he’d block again. It’s this type of driving I see more often in dailies

When racing in the FIA races, the amount of first turn smashed are small in comparison and I’ve never been forced off when overtaking unless a mistake has been made. Sometimes crashes happen but watching daily race replays, most are just deliberate!

Every time I play online I feel like a football , people drive in to me and block me. It's against the FIA rules but they dont care... I hate it!

I find the daily races to be majorly annoying with the amount of ramming and ridiculous defending. I was A/S last night, after 3 races I was down to B/B thanks to first turn pileups where I get hit from the side or the rear. It’s just annoying! People don’t allow space and if you’re passing on the edge of the track I’m nearly always forced off! And the defending.... the drivers just swerve all over just to make sure you don’t get a run or take the inside line. I had a race last night behind a 458 in the Gr3 who was in 1st, every time I went for the inside line, he’d block and then when I’d move to the outside to get the faster exit speed, he’d block again. It’s this type of driving I see more often in dailies

When racing in the FIA races, the amount of first turn smashed are small in comparison and I’ve never been forced off when overtaking unless a mistake has been made. Sometimes crashes happen but watching daily race replays, most are just deliberate!

I tend to find the defending from most people in most races is pretty bad. Plenty of illegal defending moves in every race.
The etiquette videos are as much use as a chocolate teapot, all they tell you is to be nice! Wtf, at least try and educate people on exactly what is "nice". Most people playing are gamers first and foremost and a lot won't watch much if any real world motorsports and thus don't understand the rules of race craft.
Sadly this won't ever be fixed in daily races unless people start to migrate away to other games eventually.

You probably find it not so bad in FIA races now as most people from what I can see don't bother with them anymore except for the people who are actually racing fans. Most of the more casual types quickly realised they can't win it anyway and now don't bother.

I entered one as SR-A DR-B and had a horrible time.

Contanstly dive bombed and punted, had guys pull along side me and ram into me etc... and that was after the total cluster-f of the qualifying system that saw my best two laps ruined by people being silly... probably the single worst experience racing in GT Sport.

That’s not to say daily races are any better... since having some vindictive swine demote me to SRA and having to cope with those idiots I’ve started not qualifying and then just racing from the back. Not much fun but it’s surprising how many positions you can make up. I did a GR3 one today and spun out at the top of the hill at Nurburgring leading to the back straight... fell 5-7seconds behind 17th place and was deadast. But still managed to finish 12th 1.4seconds behind 11th who himself wasn’t that far away from a gaggle at the lower half of the top10.

So I might just keep doing that? Despite finishing constantly above my car number my DR isn’t increasing and if anything has gone down slightly...

I almost exclusively did the FIA Manufacturers Cup the last two or three weeks. Combination of lame/boring/bad daily race choices, the FF cars breaking Gr4, and Nations Cup having random/weird races in the schedule like one-make stuff with odd cars I have no interest in. I also feel like the FIA races have a better sense of occasion to them. It's more like an event with the presentation, pre-race qualifying, and usually very good people in my lobbies. It makes it more exciting and I'm more motivated to participate.

I kinda also don't feel like playing the game all day? It's a bit of a workout. So the pattern right now is jumping into the game, seeing if I want to participate in the day's FIA race, I'll put in maybe 10-20 laps of practice depending on how comfortable I feel with the car/track, then I go do other things. After dinner I'll jump back on, use the 15 min entry period as a warm up and then enter the race.

Quality of racing between them though is hard for me to say as I rarely do Dailies now. I'll say, more often than not, I feel like I perform worse in the daily vs FIA? Which doesn't necessarily make sense to me. I know my FIA races are, for the most part, very good, clean, close racing which is why I enjoy them.

You didn't provide other options LOBBIES , and NONE I HATE ONLINE so I didn't vote.
Assuming people all like that random disorganized garbage that official races mostly are ( oops puts ear protection on) makes it a loaded vote.

I tend to find the defending from most people in most races is pretty bad. Plenty of illegal defending moves in every race.
The etiquette videos are as much use as a chocolate teapot, all they tell you is to be nice! Wtf, at least try and educate people on exactly what is "nice". Most people playing are gamers first and foremost and a lot won't watch much if any real world motorsports and thus don't understand the rules of race craft.
Sadly this won't ever be fixed in daily races unless people start to migrate away to other games eventually.

You probably find it not so bad in FIA races now as most people from what I can see don't bother with them anymore except for the people who are actually racing fans. Most of the more casual types quickly realised they can't win it anyway and now don't bother.
That’s exactly what is wrong with the etiquette videos. Don’t do this, don’t do that. It’s nothing to do with what you should do! EVERY single time I have an accident and punt someone off, I’ll pull over to allow them past. I never punt and drive that’s just not right. If I’m ruining someone else’s race, I may as well ruin mine too!

I never retaliate as well. I had a guy punt me off and I caught up to him so fast, instead of doing what 90% would do and ram him, I sat on his bumper and pressured a mistake which took 2 corners to happen. I find this approach so much more satisfying! Just sit up someone’s backside and watch them fall off the track!

I had a race yesterday at that annoying track, can’t recall, that has the downhill chicane before the short pit straight and very tight right hander uphill? In second glued to his bumper he wouldn’t allow me to pass clean and when we got to the finish line he slammed the brakes. I was so surprised to see I finished 1st due to his 15s time penalty thanks to this and he came 5th

You didn't provide other options LOBBIES , and NONE I HATE ONLINE so I didn't vote.
Assuming people all like that random disorganized garbage that official races mostly are ( oops puts ear protection on) makes it a loaded vote.
I and, I think it's safe to say, many others have no interest in open lobbies, or at least not with randoms.

I found the FIA races to be much worse than the daily ones. In one of them I went from maxed out SR.S to SR.A due to all the bumping and knocking me off track. That was the first couple of test championships, I haven't bothered with them since. Qualifying was frustrating, starting in the back of the pack was frustrating never getting through the first corner in one piece, then it was dodge the accidents along the way before getting punted to the bback again. With a good qualifying time it's a different story. I did manage to win 2 and come in top 3 a couple times yet that was mostly because of people slowing each other down behind me with all the shoving.

What is proper etiquette? I too tend to go to the inside when I see someone I don't trust drafting behind me. The chance of getting used as a bumper in the corner by them going wide from the inside is simply too high. Slowing down more also has a small success rate of not getting hit when they need to brake extra after forcing themselves on the inside from way behind. When I drive on the inside I do stick to my line and don't go wide, however often they still hit me at the apex coming too far inside! It's the best defense to not get bumped off the track though.

Sometimes you get a good driver that will stick to their line and you make the corner side by side, but it's too rare for it to be SR.S class driving. I slow down when I make a mistake, some people do too. And while generally there are plenty drivers willing to drive clean, only 1 or 2 can ruin a race by driving into a group and create a chain reaction. Then they ghost overtake the group anyway, or even get spawned in front of you after they crash you off the track.

I don't bother with qualifying anymore with the broken matchmaking and penalty system. Driving from the back is fun too and a lot safer. No matter how well I qualify the game always puts 1 or 2 DR.A players in front of me with 1 sec or more on me, and occasionally it even fills it up with SR.A drivers placing me further back. Perhaps too many people have given up already as I get matched with laggy players from far away to fill a daily race.

I and, I think it's safe to say, many others have no interest in open lobbies, or at least not with randoms.

Dangerous to make assumptions like that! That's what a vote is, to find the truth not what one assumes to be 'safe to say'. I have had the BEST experiences in the lobbies compared to the officials which I quit permanently. Great party play session last night with 2 other fast and clean racers. PLUS how many threads (countless!) do you get on here whining about bad driving, SR and DR stuff which is SOLELY official, compared to lobbies? Good luck FINDING a lobby complaint we are too busy having fun!

Dangerous to make assumptions like that! That's what a vote is, to find the truth not what one assumes to be 'safe to say'. I have had the BEST experiences in the lobbies compared to the officials which I quit permanently. Great party play session last night with 2 other fast and clean racers. PLUS how many threads (countless!) do you get on here whining about bad driving, SR and DR stuff which is SOLELY official, compared to lobbies? Good luck FINDING a lobby complaint we are too busy having fun!

I generally just stick to the dailies myself but I've had a few races in open lobbies and for the most part they've been the most consistently clean races I've been in. Most people who venture into the lobbies are interested in proper racing, the more casual players will tend to stick to sport mode, thus sport mode will in general have a lower standard of driving. But the FIA races were even worse in my experience.

Now changing my mind. Doing the Bathurst Gr3 and all 3 qualifying laps ruined in the last hicane after he straight by cars who spun and I was overtaking at the top of the straight after the tight hairpin... this qualifying can sometimes really ruin the whole race

Now changing my mind. Doing the Bathurst Gr3 and all 3 qualifying laps ruined in the last hicane after he straight by cars who spun and I was overtaking at the top of the straight after the tight hairpin... this qualifying can sometimes really ruin the whole race

Just sit in the pit for the first minute at least. Let everyone else get well ahead then you should have the track all to yourself. Trying to get out early will always just dump you in a pack of carnage.

Generally you can get clean and fun races in them both.

I look at Manufacturers as the fun race where there's many people and many different types of cars so it makes the grids look great! Especially with some of the custom liveries people have made! Don't really mind where I come in these races as sometimes your car is strong, sometimes it's weak! Although I do avoid Grp 4 races quite a lot due some of the FWD cars being nuts!

Nations I do find a bit more irritating as where you finish in your nation at the moment is purely based on how strong your lobby is. Me and my team mate had 1 S and rest A's in 1 nations last week, but because it's based on the actual number (We both won) he got an extra 100+ points. Over 3 best results that's a significant margin. Not sure how you can solve this either other than advertising a "Best time to race" based on statistics.

As someone said above, there's the odd torpedo, odd mistake from someone causing crashes but I've also had some of the best races I can imagine in them (Now I have a working PC I'm going to upload 1 of those this week). You usually end up with the same people in your lobbies or at least 1 or 2 of the same name so you can begin to understand how they drive and get good races :).

I went with Honda today, ewww do not like the NSX Gr3, it rotates like hell and I could not keep the car straight on corners during the Nurb race.

I was done on the third race of first season of Manufacturers Series.
Nice first race followed of awful second and third races, bunch of morons and poor penalty system, got sick of getting penalties after dive bombers came out of nowhere hit me in rear side of my car.

In a race ,this can help to localize your opponent during a pass and avoid accidents.

Hey, that actually links to something I was thinking about yesterday. I normally play with TV speakers in chase cam view. However it can be a bit 'dry' if there isn't exciting racing happening. So I tried a bit of cockpit cam in time trial using motion controls and it was really fun. If I was to use cockpit cam in online races, would using my headset with customised sound settings help me in close racing? An of course combining that with the radar.

Hey, that actually links to something I was thinking about yesterday. I normally play with TV speakers in chase cam view. However it can be a bit 'dry' if there isn't exciting racing happening. So I tried a bit of cockpit cam in time trial using motion controls and it was really fun. If I was to use cockpit cam in online races, would using my headset with customised sound settings help me in close racing? An of course combining that with the radar.
Yes of course , radar on. I drive in roof view, no side view , radar at the right down screen..... Only sounds to help. I don´t understand why PD don´t add this miror and side view.
Rear view is perfect for perception , too bad i can´t drive like this. I have tried all the settings but no way, just like bumper, i have to see something in front of me, i have even thought to glue a paper hood on my TV.:lol:

Yes of course , radar on. I drive in roof view, no side view , radar at the right down screen..... Only sounds to help. I don´t understand why PD don´t add this miror and side view.
Rear view is perfect for perception , too bad i can´t drive like this. I have tried all the settings but no way, just like bumper, i have to see something in front of me, i have even thought to glue a paper hood on my TV.:lol:
Haha I know what you mean!

In a race ,this can help to localize your opponent during a pass and avoid accidents.

I have good awareness, rear view + cam + indicators, I always give others room when they have an opportunity to pass and I sometimes drive without sound (like listening to music). Dive bombers you really can't do anything about, period.

Back