Your experience of FIA Nations & Manufacturers races?

Daily races or FIA races - which do you prefer?

• Daily races

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • FIA races

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters
I've enjoyed some of the FIA races, but since they now start at midnight local time for me, it's a bit of a hassle! Plus, I rage quit over the weekend when I did the manufacturer series race at Bathurst, and TWICE got punted off the track at the first corner after qualifying second. First one was first corner first lap, putting me back in 17th, plus penalty. Second was mid-race and I got shunted down the escape road, which resulted in a warning I would be disqualified because the penalty was so big. I also got a penalty for passing a ghosted car that caused a yellow flag.

the combination of dive bombers, bad sporting behaviour, and a penalty system which can be harsh on the victim, has left me somewhat underwhelmed with sport mode in general. Maybe it's the amount of time I spend playing/watching F1 and knowing how to stick to the rules of the track, but it does seem very messy on GTSport at the moment.

They used to start from 21:00 to 25:10 my local time (nice time display there PD)
Now they are between 5 and 9 which is when I can't play. I was done with them anyway.

So far Manufacturer Races are my favorit.
But this Week no more in Gr.4. And Sport mode i dont even try after looking in the top 10 Laptimes always set by 75%+ Megane Scirroco.
The Grid is poisened by the Meganes and Sciroccos :(. I hope they patch it today. Last 2 Gr.4 Manufacturer Raes was Alsace with 14 Megane+Sciroccos and 13 in top quali positions. And Suzuka with 11 Megan+Sciroccos with 10 of them in top quali positions. Please get nerved today pleaaaaase. It is no fun when all other drivers eather quit Gr.4 Manufacturer Races or change to the 2 overpowered Cars.
If this is not fixed next week the FIA Manufacturer Races will lose many PLayers i am scared of.
Best regards

I do not remember a bad race, it's the most fun and the most wonderful experiences I've had a video game. The only bad thing is that it is too competitive, and you end up mentally tired (at least to me), and good is frustrating too. XD Sometimes I get angry with myself for not being in top 6 or top 10, and there are some where it is so difficult I fight last positions, and it's frustrating and fun, frustrating because nobody likes to be behind, but it's fun to always fight positions, even if it's the 17

Good luck FINDING a lobby complaint we are too busy having fun!

That's probably because a lot people gave up with finding good races in public lobbies a long time ago and that complaining about bad driving in normal public races is essentially saying water is wet. I would say that at least 90% of the sport mode races I've done have been as good as or better than my best races in public lobbies.

Most people who venture into the lobbies are interested in proper racing, the more casual players will tend to stick to sport mode, thus sport mode will in general have a lower standard of driving.

Completely disagree, all the best drivers won't touch normal public lobbies and Sport mode is the only place outside of organised private races where you will find them and as a result I've found the driving standards to be far higher than what you can find in any other game (other than iRacing obviously).

I generally just stick to the dailies myself but I've had a few races in open lobbies and for the most part they've been the most consistently clean races I've been in. Most people who venture into the lobbies are interested in proper racing, the more casual players will tend to stick to sport mode, thus sport mode will in general have a lower standard of driving. But the FIA races were even worse in my experience.
You got pretty much everything backwards, Sport mode is proper racing- it's A LOT like iRacing, lobbies aren't the place for serious/veteran simracers. I've pretty much stayed away from lobbies now, some hosted races are pretty bad.

Back