Your fastest legit La Sarthe time?

Messages
56
Denmark
Denmark
Messages
MrMaTaZZZ
i am a huge fan of the la sarthe circuit, my fastest lap time is 3:11:623 with a pescarolo c60 hybride judd race car '05, and i use DS3,and dont post lap times with X2010 please :) :cheers:
 
I did a 3:13,032 in a stock Peugoet 908 HDi FAB (Team Peugoet Total) with the DS3 controller.
 
2.03.459 with an X1 during 24 hour? Lol.

Seriously though, my best is a 2.59.3 without the stupid chicane cuts. Did it during the 24 hour (no slipstream that lap either)
 
I did a 3:13,032 in a stock Peugoet 908 HDi FAB (Team Peugoet Total) with the DS3 controller.

Was this done during the 24h endurance race?

Still, I'd like to see a picture or video if possible. Want to see how I can shave off some 16 seconds off my time in a stock 908.
 
2:56.861 with Stealth Mazda 787B, racing softs and DS3, no cutting chicanes. I belive i've done 2:4x.xxx something with cutting all the chicanes and driving like a madman.

Did it during the 24 hours of Le Mans. Lap 188 or something if I remember correctly.

Now that i've got a G27 wheel, im gonna do the 24 hour Le Mans again, when the endurance saves comes.
 
my best is 2:58 without the chicanes cut with nissan R92CP
 
3:10:136

Pescarolo Hybrid. Drafted a C9 down the first straight to shave off a second when I reached the end of the Mulsanne.
 
Why is there such a big difference between the best times possible in GT5 and reality?

Is it the tyres, car physics, tuning or something else?
 
Why is there such a big difference between the best times possible in GT5 and reality?

Is it the tyres, car physics, tuning or something else?

Probably a mix of all of the above plus also there is no fear of crashing or dying in GT5 unlike real life
 
Why is there such a big difference between the best times possible in GT5 and reality?

Is it the tyres, car physics, tuning or something else?

Because everyone tunes their cars beyond recognition. I keep all cars like LMPs, Super GTs, etc. Stock. Then someone with a max tuned car comes and does a lap 20 seconds faster.

I wish in online you could force stock tuning and no mods.
 
Because everyone tunes their cars beyond recognition. I keep all cars like LMPs, Super GTs, etc. Stock.

The ONLY person I know that does that other then me. 👍
 
I wish in online you could force stock tuning and no mods.

Use one make races or shuffle races then. Online is where people go to race with their tuned cars. Research how to tune maybe?
 
Use one make races or shuffle races then. Online is where people go to race with their tuned cars. Research how to tune maybe?

No, online is where people go to race with their cars, tuned or not. Racing stock cars is racing.

Part of the race rules should be a checklist of all the tuning parts. Check them to allow, uncheck to ban. Hopefully PD adds this at some point.
 
just to be clear, what will make my lap time "non-legit"?
 
4:02:3xx. Just playing around with my dad in the mclaren gtr though so it wasn't a serious comp. But no cutting corners.
 
My fastest "realistic" time was around 3 min 27 sec in a CLK-LM.
 
Because everyone tunes their cars beyond recognition. I keep all cars like LMPs, Super GTs, etc. Stock. Then someone with a max tuned car comes and does a lap 20 seconds faster.

I wish in online you could force stock tuning and no mods.

Same here. I never tune any race car and even road cars there's only a handful I've tuned and I usually also have a stock one as well if I do tune any. It would be great to be able to set stock settings for races since I'm really not a fan of tuning. I'd rather race a Ferrari the way it was built, not with a racing exhaust attached to it.
 
The reason we all drive so much faster, is that in reality, the drivers at Le Mans are DESPERATE to save their tires. You see it in the time differences between qualifying and the actual race, but less so at Sarthe, as its such a long track.
My best is 3:21.7 in a stock 908 with 1000 miles on it, and trying to save the tires.
Hofstee, i do that too!!! Race cars and special stuff, McLaren F1, is like sacred ground, i wont touch them, because i know I'll just ruin them.
 
Please tell me that all you guys who get below 3:15 raced on the non chicane layout...
 
Please tell me that all you guys who get below 3:15 raced on the non chicane layout...

LMP/Group C car + Stage 3 turbo + racing soft tires.

You can get sub 3 min times in cars with those parts installed.

Also the 2004 circuit version will be more often than not faster than the 2009 version.
 
wait, is this for the chicane track or non-chicane track, and what year, '05 or '09?
 
Last edited:
I did a 3:13,032 in a stock Peugoet 908 HDi FAB (Team Peugoet Total) with the DS3 controller.


Not bad. I remember mine being in the 3:18's with no shortcut during the 24 hour race but more on average I was a 3:23 or so I would say but that was all with a wheel so I respect the DS3 times even more
 
How can you call times done with racing soft and turbo upgrades legit?
 
Research how to tune maybe?

You mean research into how to add on turbos in a game? Its not rocket science, quite funny how people call it tuning.
 
Back