Your favorite drifting car

• Thread starter ashes619
  • 319 comments
yellow_bird_06.jpg
Ahh, the yellowbird. Yep, had some fun with that too, but havent been able to drift it since switching to the g27. Now that I found out how to adjust rotation, maybe I'll give it a shot again.

I'll go ahead and just put it out there. My favorite drift machine is my chrysler crossfire. No picture to put up of it though. Did some suspension work, and of course the prerequisite drivetrain and power adders. Forgot if I boosted it our not though. No weight reduction or engine mods. this thing is probably to smoothest drifter I own.

Last edited:
It is a slower drifter, as are most of my cars. I only have a few that I use for "fast" drift, that I use for touge. Hope you like the car though. I can attest to the fact that it drives nothing like its RL counter part. But it is good. I also suggest using the close ratio trans. But this is my preference as I don't like the sound of the full adjustable one. Enjoy.

Now, i just have to find one :D

My drift is not fast, comparing to the guys i see online. By the things you said, i may like it, since i use DS3 i prefer smooth cars. I will come back when i get it, thanks!

Rallywagon
It is a slower drifter, as are most of my cars. I only have a few that I use for "fast" drift, that I use for touge. Hope you like the car though. I can attest to the fact that it drives nothing like its RL counter part. But it is good. I also suggest using the close ratio trans. But this is my preference as I don't like the sound of the full adjustable one. Enjoy.

The fully adjustable trans is actually a heap load better considering you might need different gearing for different tracks.

It depends on which mood I am in and which track I drive, for faster tracks I'll pick my Blitz ER34 2007 every, clutch kick in 180km/h and it just step out nice. If I want a fast car for smaller tracks I take my RE Amemiya Rx7 premium, a fast and agile little car, and for slower tracks when I want to drift slow I take my Nissan Silva S15 RM, it stays exactly where I want on the track, the only thing I want on it is more lock, to rescue it when I flick it to hard on initiation. I almost forgot my Nissan Silvia S13 I have specially for Eiger Nordwand, it's setup for only that track, but I can drift it around the with no problem with stock engine. That's my garage that I can think of right now, but when it comes to driving I need some tandem practice, martinhsson is my name on PSN! That's all I have to say.

A car was recently picked in the league I race. The Ginetta G4. I think I found my new short track drifter. It is well balanced and only needs a few more hp to be a great slow drifter. Really feels quite good.

Ewww that's one ugly car, check out the drift cars from New Zealand.

S13 with a Rocketbunny kit? Im not asking how YOU like it. The thread is called "YOUR favorite drifting car" and that so happens to be mine, not YOURS. So maybe I don't wanna look at your fancy New Zealand cars. Thank you for your time. :sly:👍

S13 with a Rocketbunny kit? Im not asking how YOU like it. The thread is called "YOUR favorite drifting car" and that so happens to be mine, not YOURS. So maybe I don't wanna look at your fancy New Zealand cars. Thank you for your time. :sly:👍

But thats his opinion lol.

The thread is called "YOUR favorite drifting car"
This is also "Your favorite drifting cars" in the GT5 section not the Automotive section of the forums. I've never seen a RocketBunny 240 in GT5.

For me lately I've been running my 460hp NSX Type R. It feels so dialed at the moment.

Having great fun with my BMW z4 '08. I feel like its the only car I can really control, sortof. Other cars like the z33 etc are too agressive, even though it might be because I'm still learning to drift ^^ If anyone wants to tandem some time hit me up on psn: Ankundum

Having great fun with my BMW z4 '08. I feel like its the only car I can really control, sortof. Other cars like the z33 etc are too agressive, even though it might be because I'm still learning to drift ^^ If anyone wants to tandem some time hit me up on psn: Ankundum

If you want slow and low aggression, try the Ginetta G4. Put on some comfort hards and take a spin around Eiger Short Track. It will not disappoint.

Some of the bigger Merc's are the same,

I've been having alot of fun with the Lexus SC430. It's pretty heavy but if you can get the grip down it's super smooth to drift and holds hella angle! Mind if i add you aswell, looking for people to slide with.

Last edited:
Since a fw of you have posted looking for a tandem, check out the first link in my signature (sorry OP, not trying to highjack). There are a few of us that drift, but not enough to get a steady, weekly session going. A couple of us frequently record as well. You don't have to be a sunday racer to join up, but you will need to join to get access to the rooms we drift in. If we can get enough participants, we can probably get a weekly drift event started on Friday nights.

I bounce between 4 or 5 cars at any one time but right now they are as follows:

69 Z28 Camaro
Premium Viper SRT10 Coupe
(1 of 2) FD's painted MNP3
MK3 Supra
FC GTX.

Back