Your funniest moment so far..

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeolTheBeast
  • 143 comments
  • 17,179 views
Messages
600
Messages
DeolTheBeast
Nurburgring Nordschleife - 1 Lap - Night race

Eveyones picking decent cars, previous winner of the race uses this tuned E92 M3 of sorts.

(I'm of such a low level, I have nothing in the garage) I find the CT230R Evo from the Arcade garage (I mean high power, 4WD, what could go wrong?)

Race begins, and immediately my thoughts are "WOW, this is dark". Shortly followed by, "Is there a lighting bug?!". I was worried at how little light there was at this point, and to my shock I realised my car does not come with headlights!
Rest of the race I follow someone as close as possible, or just ahead of someone, so they light the track for me! :sly:

Anyone else got any funny/awesome GT5 moments to share?
 
Spent too much of last night on the Nurb online, driving my Scuderia - Spytracker, i think it is, from here is on there. I cant talk (No mic/keyboard) and I'm racing against Spy in his MP4, I can hear 3-4 guys talking about me and my location to Spy. Was ahead most the race, but lost by 2.5 seconds.

And CHRIST its dark on the nurb at night!
 
I was randomly racing last night and and really low slung down sports car comes along and drives under me an carrys me across the line and I won because the nose of the car was pointing out
 
Tell me about it!
I found it dark enough on the Grand Tour event with the LP640 at night :scared:
On another note wet racing is hilarious when you see other drivers hopelessly controlling there cars.
 
Love taking my tuned Golf GTI to the Nurb or some technical track like that and competing against guys who always pick the most powerful cars they can get ( Zonda F etc. ) but they dont know how to drive them. When you pass them in a GTI is priceless :)
 
The final top gear challenge, going out of the follow through as a shwimmenwagen came through chicago, missed my front by an inch but took out the leader. Superb.
 
B-Spec Bob and his Habit of Driving Sideways makes me laugh during the Replays and shout at him during the races

This is him Struggling with My Mach 1 :grumpy:

AutodromoNazionaleMonza.jpg


He Still Won the Race though :D

Oh Look B-SPec Bob again Sideways this time its London :sick:

London_1.jpg


Somehow he still Won :nervous:
 
My B-Spec driver got put into the wall by one of the bad guys and he got revenge right on the line and put them into the same wall and won me the race.
 
In the World Classic Car race on the Eiger Short Track I was way in the lead on the last lap with the end in sight and I ran smack into the end of the pit lane barrier... :crazy:
 
Online drifting lobbies at Tsukuba are hilarious. So many beginners.
 
I must say the expert level of the Top Gear Challenge (The one where you drive the 1944 WVs) is quite funny.

I got gold on my first try, thanks to the AI. If you haven't played this challenge before, here's how it works. You, along with 6 other VW's start at the usual start/finish line on the TGTT. However, 6 other VW's start just outside the hammerhead. That means every lap, nearly 2 to 3 cars get taken out in the crossing zones. It's not only hilarious to watch, but it's how I won. (Just let the AI take each other out)
 
Watching my Mom and Mother-in-law drive 40 miles an hour around trail mountain... using the DFGT
 
Nurburgring Nordschleife - 1 Lap - Night race

Eveyones picking decent cars, previous winner of the race uses this tuned E92 M3 of sorts.

(I'm of such a low level, I have nothing in the garage) I find the CT230R Evo from the Arcade garage (I mean high power, 4WD, what could go wrong?)

Race begins, and immediately my thoughts are "WOW, this is dark". Shortly followed by, "Is there a lighting bug?!". I was worried at how little light there was at this point, and to my shock I realised my car does not come with headlights!
Rest of the race I follow someone as close as possible, or just ahead of someone, so they light the track for me! :sly:

Anyone else got any funny/awesome GT5 moments to share?

:lol: i had a very similar experience last night, I too chose the CT230R for a race at Nurburgring Nordschleife. Problem was that not only was it night time it was also raining! And yep you guessed it, that car has no windsheild wipers either!

That was funny and scary at the same time in cockpit view.....
 
Me and my Dad doing karts. At one point he turned round and headed for me and crashed into me.
 
A one-make dirt race with Kubelwagens on the Eiger K-Trail. It's was awesome fun, but them we started going uphill, and got stuck. 22HP isn't enough for a Swiss Alp.
Watching the AI try to climb that hill was hilarious!

There was also a moment in a heated B-Spec race when a car in front of my driver got seriously spun out sideways. It wasn't really that funny (it was actually kinda scary), but it was awesome.
 
I must say the expert level of the Top Gear Challenge (The one where you drive the 1944 WVs) is quite funny.

I got gold on my first try, thanks to the AI. If you haven't played this challenge before, here's how it works. You, along with 6 other VW's start at the usual start/finish line on the TGTT. However, 6 other VW's start just outside the hammerhead. That means every lap, nearly 2 to 3 cars get taken out in the crossing zones. It's not only hilarious to watch, but it's how I won. (Just let the AI take each other out)

Sounds fun. Unlocked at level 21, or 19? I know it's one of those... I'm going to have to work my way up pretty quick just to see this :lol:
 
I was racing the Supercar Festival in GT Mode, and I was in my LFA going against a Corvette Z06 around the last turn of Daytona. I was infront by an about a car length until he clipped me and I went into the barrier. Somehow he ran into me and went flying in the air, probably 10 metres up and 50 metres down the road. It was funny as anything I've ever seen in GT.

I saved the replay so I'll have to upload it lmao.
 
Beginner Yaris race

I hopped into my Euro thingy Yaris, checked the competition... Ok, I'm a decent driver, the AI sucks at cornering speeds at beginner lever, I should have those RS Turbos easily.

1st race starts, 2 seconds later everyone blows by me and by the time we get to the first corner they're all popping flames out of their exhausts :crazy:
 
In a low lambo, there was some old muscle car ahead with a rear end styled up in the air(like a de tomaso). Of course I nail him, he gets lifted up, falls sideways, and flips over while I don't even slow down.
 
Jumped into my first online race on the tgtt with my mate in a stock 458 a maclaren mp-14 and a twin turbo audi tt. I had my tuned audi a3 3.2 and smoked the lot of them :).
 
I thought the funniest moment was going to change the oil for the first time to that lovely piano music.
 
Online, Passed a BMW M5 on the Nurburgring with my Civic Type R EK '97, the guy just screaming that I was cheating loooool
 
yeah the nurbugring is a funny place.

I go online see everyone taking MC-12s, SLSs or the best cases GT-Rs
I pick the subaru impreza
Host removes all types of traction controls etc..
Win race with a 20second margin.

The funny thing was a guy with a stealth SLS had caught up to me on the middle section straights and I was already sure of coming in 2nd at best as he would have easil overtaken me in the final straight. Instead of waiting for the final straight he tries this absurd manouver in one of the bends, hits the wall and spins out and I never see him since.

If I had a bluetooth headset they would have heard me laughing all the way to the finish line.
 
Spent too much of last night on the Nurb online, driving my Scuderia - Spytracker, i think it is, from here is on there. I cant talk (No mic/keyboard) and I'm racing against Spy in his MP4, I can hear 3-4 guys talking about me and my location to Spy. Was ahead most the race, but lost by 2.5 seconds.

And CHRIST its dark on the nurb at night!

And you would think the Scuderia's bright bi-xenon's would help!
 
Beginner Yaris race

I hopped into my Euro thingy Yaris, checked the competition... Ok, I'm a decent driver, the AI sucks at cornering speeds at beginner lever, I should have those RS Turbos easily.

1st race starts, 2 seconds later everyone blows by me and by the time we get to the first corner they're all popping flames out of their exhausts :crazy:

Haha exact same thing happened to me:ouch:
 
I joined a game where people were just free roaming on Nürburgring, just for the fun of it, i grabbed my BMW 1 series diesel... 120d :p
Funny moment?
Catching up and overtaking a Skyline GT-R of some sort... in my diesel bimmer :p
 
Driving on the Nurburgring with Jeff Gordon's car... Not as bad as you may think!
just turn up the traction control, a bit of abs, and maybe turn on the ASM if you can't handle it.
I was able to keep up with most players but really suffered whenever my wheels spun out on tighter corners
 
My funniest moment so far happened tonight when I hosted my first online game:

After around 2 hours of serious racing with my room rules, we decided to change up the game a bit and I set up a "Top Gear - Reasonably Priced Car Showdown". The rules were Top Gear Test Track; 7-laps; Cars limited to the Suzuki Swift Sport (it's close enough to a c'eed); and tires restricted to Comfort Hards. The entire race consisted of 10 cars plowing through just about every cone on the airfield and even included a driver forgetting he was in reverse at the start line (launching backwards past Gambon).
 
In one of the amateur event series, I was leading with a stock Skyline, surely slower than the 2nd place (a BMW - forgot the model) and struggling to get rid of him... When, in the last straight of the track and with less than 300m to finish 1st, my car understeers and the 2nd place crashes into me... To put in short words: With 300m to WIN, I went from 1st to 9th =( (at least the BMW was 10th, behind me :D)
 
Back