Your funniest moment so far..

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeolTheBeast
  • 143 comments
  • 17,179 views
I saw something yesterday that was pretty funny looking. I went back and completed the Rally Special Events. I was looking for a car to finish the Intermediate Tarmac race (<345 bhp). I hadn't driven my Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car yet, and it qualified, so I used it. In the prerace scenes, I laughed when I saw my spotter crammed into the cockpit with me. That car obviously was not designed for two people, so the two helmets were right next to each other. It sure was hard to steer and shift with that useless 🤬 there, but I somehow managed the win!
 
Probably watching my mom playing in my Driving Force Pro in High Speed Ring. She managed to roll over a Peugeot 206 in the first corner. After I explained to her what brakes where, she made the turn at around 50km/h. Was quite fun to watch.

Also, any race with decent drivers with the same cars online is usually a ton of fun, provided they are using the right tires.
 
I was doing NASCAR Seasonal and not being totally comfortable with the speed the thing goes when it is "balancing" on the track I had ASM on and some mild steering intervention and still managed a perfect 360, ending up facing exactly the right way to continue racing as if nothing had happened. If I had been thinking a little later when I won the race I would have saved the Replay!

Another great moment was on the Monza Race of the Grand Tour. I am following this Enzo into the first chicane and pretty much every other car got tangled up at that corner while the Enzo and my car continued on their merry way.

I really ought to check my Replays as I am sure there must be a moment or two there!
 
Love taking my tuned Golf GTI to the Nurb or some technical track like that and competing against guys who always pick the most powerful cars they can get ( Zonda F etc. ) but they dont know how to drive them. When you pass them in a GTI is priceless :)

I actually did that for real quite often when I had my MkIV Gti. It had Bilstein PSS9 dampers and springs, lighter 17 inch rims and sport tires and an open air-filter. Other than that completely stock.

You then watch the parking lot and look for the biggest jerk in the flashiest car. Usually a guy in a complete racing suite in a bright orange porsche or something similar.

You then then drive directly after them on the track and "hunt" them.
It is so rewarding to pass a much more powerful car hehe.

The real fun starts afterwards in the parking lot. I had people come up to me and start talking about the cars, mumbling an excuse like "well, my daughter was in the car, otherwise I could have pushed it a bit more."

I had people come up to me really upset, not angry but you know, agitated pissed about themselves basically. They ask about the changes I made to the car, on guy actually demanded to look under the hood as he didn´t believed me that the car basically had a stock engine.

good times hehe.
 
Accidentaly started an online race with 5 laps of the ring in karts. 9 people started only 4 finished. Turns out the karts only have enough fuel for 3 full laps at the ring. All of us ran out of gas a couple minutes into the fourth lap and had to limp ALL the way back around for the rest of the lap. Took us like 20 minutes to finish the lap and well over an hour to do the whole race. lol
 
Well lets see :)

I guess the best\funny moment was when I got the Toyota Minolta Race car, I played with a friend of mine on Nurburgring and I laughed and smiley half of the race because of how good the car was, mind you this was my first proper race car :) It is awesome!

Another moment with the same friend on Nurburgring, he had problems keeping the sls amg '10 on the road and it was so fun driving behind him and looking at his car going from side to side, never in a straight line :) good times!
 
Not a funny moment on my part, but I noticed that in the arcade races on the dynamic La Sarthe track, the usual Escudo and Toyota 7 that pop up in the race somehow drive in the night without headlights.

And they show no fear.:lol:
 
Did the 9 hour Tsukuba b-spec race last night, with the X2010. Turned the TV on this morning as it was finishing. My guy was ramming other cars at 200 mph, while they were doing 60. Half the AI cars were covered in black marks, big dents in them. Oh man, it must have been a slaughter :lol:
 
Did the Suzuka 1000km in A-Spec and on the 2nd to last lap I had to pit. So I went to pull in and my car lost traction, span 90* and lodged itself in the pit entry. I tried everything but it was stuck fast. In a rage I kicked my wheel and punched the pedals. I went to get a chill out drink and came back just in time to see a hero in a red Nissan ram me into the pits. I was so relieved I went out and bought the Nissan.
 
Hearing banter online on a room all about dirt racing. A guy is practically begging the guy running the room to turn realistic damage on because someone is using the walls to corner. Then immediately after that he wonders out loud why someone's shown up to Chamonix in a GT-R.
 
karting at night, with a sole civic leading and providing light, everyone had to follow the leader until close to the finish and everyone was betting how early they can break out and still stay on the track. XD
 
I was racing my FGT on the Nurburg GP/F circuit in the FGT championship,

I was 12th when i came to the last chicane, and all the AI's where in the grass after the chicane, every lap btw!
 
My funniest moment was actually rolling my stealth McLaren F1 on trial mountain. I didn't think it would roll... but not only did it roll, but it did a full 180, landing back on it's wheels. I was able to drive away, and so didn't get the rollover trophy :(
 
i can't stand when i here people talking about me. Especially during kart races when i get knocked off and they start calling me an idiot or what ever and i just feel stupid and vengefull

I was doing a 10 lap NASCAR race on Daytona. There were only 4 of us and I took an immediate lead (I have no mic but these guys did). They caught up to me with the draft and bashed into me and proceeded to use me as a pingpong ball and then said "aww sorry tommy... really" in a totally sarcastic tone.

I Spun around and got back on the track and just hammered it behind the 3rd place guy (getting a light draft) they continued around battling not expecting that I would catch up, and then as I did they realized I was there and bounced off eachother wrecking. They got pissed off and one waited on the track to try to wreck me (it was the last lap) and the other tried driving backwards to hit me. I dodged them both and went on to win.

Then they started screaming and cursing at eachother about who wrecked who, whos really the best, and God knows what else. I typed a message "well you ALL wrecked me and I still managed to kick your asses in, so I guess I am the best."

Then I got kicked, it was great.
 
Art morrison is a demon for drifting/power sliding into the pits just when you dont want it.

The pit entrance at Deep Forest is a hoover for mine. Always cracks me up.
 
Did the b-spec Suzuka 1000km last night (theres 8 and a half hours I'll never get back!) Its raining heavily from the start, but every now and then the rain slows and the AI insists on pit-stopping every car - mine included - to change tyres from Racing Rain to Racing Medium.

I can see that that is just stupid. Changing to slicks in this weather means chugging around the circuit at 30mph for another 150 laps - no thanks! So I keep cancelling the order to pit my car, and am glad I did. All the other cars start slipping and sliding at every corner, and tail sliding off on the straights.

With my rain intermediates I proceed to lap every car 3 times. What up until that point had been quite a close race, with me only just clinging on to third place, ended with me finishing 1st and 12 laps up on the 2nd place car.E

Edit : Perhaps this isnt such a funny story, more of a critique of PD's poor weather and ai algorithms.
 
Did the 9 hour Tsukuba b-spec race last night, with the X2010. Turned the TV on this morning as it was finishing. My guy was ramming other cars at 200 mph, while they were doing 60. Half the AI cars were covered in black marks, big dents in them. Oh man, it must have been a slaughter :lol:

LOL!!!! That's awesome!! Heeee heeeeee....
 
Me and my mate earlier were doing 2 Player and we did one of the Eiger Rally Stages I was in an original Fiat 500 and he was in the WRC Citroen C4 and the 500 was painfully slow and eventually I got to a hill that was too steep for it he had to come back and shove the 500 up the hill.
 
My best moment offline has to be when I managed to overcook it in an AZ-1 and roll it over at Madrid Mini. That inside rumble strip on the hairpin-ish corner turned into a ramp and catapulted me from 1st to 8th while everyone passed me and I got to experience Richard Hammond's world during the Man With A Van Challenge.
 
Racing round Daytona in my Minolta online with a friend. He goes to chat so his car slows to 50odd mph. I wasn't really paying attention and slamed into him as he pulled off. The tyres span on the front of my minolta and ironed it flat. The lights were pointing up vertically!

Also with the Minolta, this time round Indy in the dream car race on about the 3rd time i do the race i notice the drivers head sticking through the window on the turns!
 
Me and my mate earlier were doing 2 Player and we did one of the Eiger Rally Stages I was in an original Fiat 500 and he was in the WRC Citroen C4 and the 500 was painfully slow and eventually I got to a hill that was too steep for it he had to come back and shove the 500 up the hill.

I notice that your name is HILL and you couldn't get up the HILL lol....
 
Seeing all the banged up cars of NASCAR when racing online - when damage is set to high (have to pit to fix 'wonky' steering etc.); or light. :lol:

And in one race seeing one car drive for a 1/4 of a lap on 2 wheels :lol:
 
Accidentaly started an online race with 5 laps of the ring in karts. 9 people started only 4 finished. Turns out the karts only have enough fuel for 3 full laps at the ring. All of us ran out of gas a couple minutes into the fourth lap and had to limp ALL the way back around for the rest of the lap. Took us like 20 minutes to finish the lap and well over an hour to do the whole race. lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Can't stop laughing!
 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Can't stop laughing!

Haha, ya it was pretty funny. Everybody just paused the game and had a chat about how stupid we were for doing such a long race in karts without refueling. Luckily I noticed that I was low first and paused it early and coasted by everyone from second last to first. I guess the coasting speed on pause is slightly faster than when out of fuel, plus you just run perfectly clean and straight. LOL
 
I was playing an online racing event with atleast 13 other people, i had an nsx and beat everyone by 1 min. 30 sec. ahead. LOL everyone was like "that nsx is no joke." it was also funny that half the racers gave up just to watch me finish race
 
I changed my automatic win message to "you suck"
This upset many people who quickly turned into punters.
 
Uh, my funniest moment would have to be turning my RM'd TVR Tuscan over, on the start line at Nurburgring Nordschliefe!

It was my very first hot lap in my newly RM'd TVR Tuscan, and I decided to see what the car could do. I rounded the last corner on the track (as is customary before the start of a hot lap in practice mode), and crossed the start-line.

To get some extra width, into the first corner, I aimed to get the car to swing into the pit-lane exit road, and then turn sharp left into the first corner.

The problem was that I miss-calculated the turn-in angle, and hit the pit-exit barrier, and turned my TVR on its roof! Safe to say, I felt like an idiot! :dunce: :lol: 👍
 
I got the Rollover trophy while racing in Trial Mountain. I entered the last corner way too fast and the car just flipped over. I guess it was because of the rumble strips. :)
 
Back