Your GT5P setup

• Thread starter Noah
  • 571 comments
@salmoally

Thanks. Yes, you're correct, the table and seat are from IKEA. I bought 3 tables (very cheap) one remained intact and the others were cut as necessary to be used as:

1. A base for the seat, after I removed the original seat base (had wheels) and was too high.
2. A side extension to attach the shifter to.
3. An extension to the table to increase it's height ( it was too low).
4. A base to the pedals to tilt them more towards the driver.

I used an electric saw, hammer, and simple nails. Although I think using screws is a better idea, to make things hold better. I also attached a heavy electric transformer to the base of the table towards the back (not visible in the picture). The purpose of the transformer (weight) is to stabilize the table and counter the weight of the steering wheel. To prevent the tilted base of the pedals from sliding, I hammered a number of screws to the bottom of the base, and left maybe 1/2 cm of the nails (head end) out to provide grip (on a carpet of course). No visible damage to the carpet so far.

The setup works very well and doesn't look too ugly (wife friendly) and you can rest your knees on the inner sides of the table too.

Happy racing.

Last edited:
wow, i thought my g27 had a lot of wires!! lol, nice though

franken-frame1.jpg

My current GT5P setup:
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo kit (with Turbo S paddles)
3 DIY Tactile Transducers (pedals, wheel, gearbox)
1 commercial TT (Seat)
1 old JVC integrated amp for powering the TT's

84" 16:9 projector screen in 720p resolution

haha, do you clutch after brake or brake after clutch? to downshift through corners. :P It's soo frustrating at the moment

well im not a pro at all, but what i do is brake then shift down when i feel like my car needs to shift (around 3000-4000 rpm depending on the car)

yes, it took me ages to get that lap time though. I kept miss-shifting and still do occasionally.

youll get used to it.. i mean the manual w/clutch is the best coz if you do decide to buy a car with manual tranny you would know how to drive it (somewhat) thanks to gt5p! lol

i have one more too mate :lol:, when you downshift on the track i tend to go straight from 5th to 2nd instead of 5th, 4, 3, 2 etc. Is that ok to do?

ok thanks 👍 in real life it shouldn't be too hard as you're not going at race speeds and have time to go down all of the gears :D thanks again.

No, 1 for each girl. :lol: Nah, the ones in the front are near done, and I don't like using the same one all the time. And of all the equipment in the picture, you notice the deodorant, what's wrong with you??!!? :lol:

wow, i thought my g27 had a lot of wires!! lol, nice though

Thank you - I did end up with a LOT of wires, but they are all fixed to the frame. When I setup the rig in the living room I only have to plug the rig into the mains, and attach the seat base to the wheel/pedal base, then I'm off. ;-)

Latest Posts

Back