Your GT5P setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter Noah
  • 571 comments
  • 222,736 views
@salmoally

Thanks. Yes, you're correct, the table and seat are from IKEA. I bought 3 tables (very cheap) one remained intact and the others were cut as necessary to be used as:

1. A base for the seat, after I removed the original seat base (had wheels) and was too high.
2. A side extension to attach the shifter to.
3. An extension to the table to increase it's height ( it was too low).
4. A base to the pedals to tilt them more towards the driver.

I used an electric saw, hammer, and simple nails. Although I think using screws is a better idea, to make things hold better. I also attached a heavy electric transformer to the base of the table towards the back (not visible in the picture). The purpose of the transformer (weight) is to stabilize the table and counter the weight of the steering wheel. To prevent the tilted base of the pedals from sliding, I hammered a number of screws to the bottom of the base, and left maybe 1/2 cm of the nails (head end) out to provide grip (on a carpet of course). No visible damage to the carpet so far.

The setup works very well and doesn't look too ugly (wife friendly) and you can rest your knees on the inner sides of the table too.

Happy racing.
 
Last edited:
wow, i thought my g27 had a lot of wires!! lol, nice though

franken-frame1.jpg


My current GT5P setup:
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo kit (with Turbo S paddles)
3 DIY Tactile Transducers (pedals, wheel, gearbox)
1 commercial TT (Seat)
1 old JVC integrated amp for powering the TT's

84" 16:9 projector screen in 720p resolution
 
anyone know a good way to hide all the wires with the playseat/g27 setup?
 
Because I cannot open new threads I am going to ask here:

Is it possible to make flappy pedals work here in GT5p???
 
my g25 wheel came today!!! i can't get used to it though:( at the moment i'm crap with it lol
 
my g25 wheel came today!!! i can't get used to it though:( at the moment i'm crap with it lol

congrats! i was sucky too when i first bought my g27, but youll get used to it in before gt5 comes out (hopefully lol)
 
congrats! i was sucky too when i first bought my g27, but youll get used to it in before gt5 comes out (hopefully lol)

lol thanks, probably not :p as idon't drive but hey-ho i'll certainly enjoy it:tup:
 
lol maybe youll learn how to drive with gt5!! gt5p helped me learn how to drive stickshift
 
lol maybe youll learn how to drive with gt5!! gt5p helped me learn how to drive stickshift

haha, do you clutch after brake or brake after clutch? to downshift through corners. :p It's soo frustrating at the moment
 
haha, do you clutch after brake or brake after clutch? to downshift through corners. :p It's soo frustrating at the moment

well im not a pro at all, but what i do is brake then shift down when i feel like my car needs to shift (around 3000-4000 rpm depending on the car)
 
well im not a pro at all, but what i do is brake then shift down when i feel like my car needs to shift (around 3000-4000 rpm depending on the car)

nice one, i just managed 1'03.377 in ford focus on london city track, is that good for a newbie? lol:)
 
yes, it took me ages to get that lap time though. I kept miss-shifting and still do occasionally.

youll get used to it.. i mean the manual w/clutch is the best coz if you do decide to buy a car with manual tranny you would know how to drive it (somewhat) thanks to gt5p! lol
 
lol true, thanks for the replies to my questions btw:tup:
 
i have one more too mate :lol:, when you downshift on the track i tend to go straight from 5th to 2nd instead of 5th, 4, 3, 2 etc. Is that ok to do?
 
i have one more too mate :lol:, when you downshift on the track i tend to go straight from 5th to 2nd instead of 5th, 4, 3, 2 etc. Is that ok to do?

in the game its okay to do since its just a game, but do that with a real car.. BOOM busted tranny!
 
ok thanks 👍 in real life it shouldn't be too hard as you're not going at race speeds and have time to go down all of the gears :D thanks again.
 
I like your setup!


ty ... not a 100% complete but its good enough to play on ... when i get some time ill finish it and post more pics
 
This is my setup. G27, 23" LG monitor, Yamaha surround, and PolkAudio speakers. :)

BLCK062.jpg
 
No, 1 for each girl. :lol: Nah, the ones in the front are near done, and I don't like using the same one all the time. And of all the equipment in the picture, you notice the deodorant, what's wrong with you??!!? :lol:
 
wow, i thought my g27 had a lot of wires!! lol, nice though

Thank you - I did end up with a LOT of wires, but they are all fixed to the frame. When I setup the rig in the living room I only have to plug the rig into the mains, and attach the seat base to the wheel/pedal base, then I'm off. ;-)
 
This is my setup. G27, 23" LG monitor, Yamaha surround, and PolkAudio speakers. :)


Nice setup 👍. Where did you get the legs to raise the ps3 by the way? They look quite useful for cooling and I've never seen those before for a console.
 
Back