Your GT5P setup

• Thread starter Noah
  • 571 comments
Awesome setup Madison. Doesn't really matter how pretty it looks, just how fast and consistent your laps are right? đź‘Ť

Awesome setup Madison. Doesn't really matter how pretty it looks, just how fast and consistent your laps are right? đź‘Ť

Yeah, That's what I think too. It's in its own little room(don't get many distractions) and it barely cost anything. Went and got a spare TV sitting around and picked up a DFGT for $130AUD. Steel frame was made at my dad's work. Surround sound was $90. A fairly cheap setup. It's fine for me as I can produce really fast laps on it.

You should of seen my setup before that with the DFGT mounted on a skateboard sitting on my knees. I'll try and get a pic of that up, you'll probably laugh.

EDIT: Here's two more.
n1400971720_30219679_4086729.jpg
^setup before I had the steel frame, I still managed to set good times like that. I did my qualifier with that setup. Much easier to be consistent now though.

n1400971720_30219680_5756471.jpg

Last edited:
Nice setup mad;) Mine is a bit different in that I simply have a chair and a small study table, and I place an LCD monitor on the edge of the table, meaning I am quite close to the screen, 1.25 metres away, I use a small office chair. I'll try and post some pics but it may take a while.

Nice setup mad;) Mine is a bit different in that I simply have a chair and a small study table, and I place an LCD monitor on the edge of the table, meaning I am quite close to the screen, 1.25 metres away, I use a small office chair. I'll try and post some pics but it may take a while.

Thanks, it would be great to see your setup. It shows that you don't need a big, expensive cockpit to be fast or even a G25.

@ Mad
Well i just feel silly now - how you can you be so quick sitting on a swivel chair with wheels on it !
Must be that young quick mind of yours - :)

@ Mad
Well i just feel silly now - how you can you be so quick sitting on a swivel chair with wheels on it !
Must be that young quick mind of yours - :)

The swivel chair doesn't move at all when i'm driving. The carpet keeps the wheels still. So the chair moving isn't a problem. I'd love a fancy cockpit(Gamerscockpit or playseat) but this setup is fine for me.

EDIT: I will save for a plasma screen to go in there one day.

This is my setup. Sony Brevia 32", DF GT wheel, comfy chair, DIY'd table.
Gotta get rid of those cables one day ... :)

ruig_juli_006.jpg

When I win the lottery I'll buy a playseat and a bigger screen and get my setup out of the living room to stop annoying my wife and kid :cool:

Last edited:
Nice Poäng.

Fotos-0029.jpg

When I win the lottery I'll buy a playseat and a bigger screen and get my setup out of the living room to stop annoying my wife and kid :cool:

I have a 26 inch vizio lcdtv, 80 GB PS3, Sony Gamemixer 600w stereo, and a Dualshock sixaxis controller... no racing seat yet, but it would be nice to have one before GT5 comes out!

This is where the magic happens. My setup is nothing special, but it gets the job done.

p1000218.jpg

p1000219k.jpg

Also, I'm well aware that my chair is falling apart.

My iMac doesn't have a video input, but from what I've read it's possible with an adaptor of sorts. I wouldn't really bother though, I like to be able to talk on MSN and surf the web while I'm playing on my PS3.

Fotos-0029.jpg

Comfy chair from IKEA no less...

I sit in one as well when racing.

I have no pictures but my setup apart from the chair is a DFGT mounted on a sligtly modified coffeetable (also from IKEA (Hey what can I say, I'm swedish)) I use a Panasonic projector and a 90" screen coupled with a surround system with a Marantz A/V-receiver and a Dynaudio/Mordaunt Short speaker combo and a Audio Pro subwoofer.

I'm planning to get something sturdier to mount the wheel on but can't decide between a Wheelstand Pro or a Fanatec stand.

No Photos, Seen some nice ones on here. I have no wheel i just use my controller but i use the 65" LG Plasma TV in the living room and a really big 3.5 seater sofa. Serious comfort.

My old set up has been disassembled for quite some time, mainly do to aesthetics. I was looking into Sim Seats brand. Website. Anybody have any experience with them?

Not the greatest setup out there,but for now until i upgrade to the vision racer,it,ll do for me.I now have two world records and 2 2NDS and a 4th place in the F1 2007 Timetrial.So for me i,d say a bit betterer than a pad.this is a permanent setup,as the extension at the back of our house is all mine.http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4491/003zb.jpg.........
40" SAMSUNG 1080P 3DTV
PANASONIC 5.1 HOME SURROUND SYSTEM
CORBEAU RACING SEAT
GAMERACER FRAME
G25 WHEEL/PEDALS/CLUTCH

Last edited:
My setup. My wheel is a fanatec porsche 911 turbo s. My tv is a 22,2 inch samsung 1080p (syncmaster p2270HD) , it has only one HDMI (for PS3), i connected the xbox 360 in VGA and the pc in DVI...

img03381m.jpg

img03391.jpg

img03401.jpg

Last edited:
franken-frame1.jpg

My current GT5P setup:
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo kit (with Turbo S paddles)
3 DIY Tactile Transducers (pedals, wheel, gearbox)
1 commercial TT (Seat)
1 old JVC integrated amp for powering the TT's

84" 16:9 projector screen in 720p resolution

Back