• Cable modem

Votes: 419 40.6%
  • DSL

Votes: 346 33.6%
  • Dial-up modem (56k or slower)

Votes: 69 6.7%

• Total voters
TB
This is a copy/paste from my speed test from a few years ago. I'll try to remember to redo it tomorrow to at least get it more current.

3113933198.png
i have gig at home, but that ping is kind of high for fiber. mines usually single digits 6-8 ms

Got boosted up to VIVID 100 on the SuperHub 3 late last year after my old modem expired. Barely managed 30 Mbps download on my old IdeaPad's wireless connection before and after the upgrade. Cue new laptop and card:

7213669861.png

7230275953.png

Started at 50mbps two years ago. Not sure how much I really have, as my roommate was streaming a movie and playing ESO while I did the test.

All this increase has been free upgrades. Upload sucks a bit, but I have unlimited data, so that's good. All for $40.

Last edited:
I had some connection issues a few months ago and my speed was nearly 50mbps so I had to change my router. Additionally I started using individual proxy to protect my privacy not so long ago, it has the highest possible speed and now I completely forgot about any connection issues. My speed is 200 mbps now.

Last edited:
These are my current speeds over Wi-Fi.

7447922306.png

I'm considering investing in a mesh network for the house, we do get a signal everywhere except the bottom of the garden (which isn't an issue) but it drops off quite a bit in some areas.

Incredible, what is like going that fast guys?

Well, if there's one thing for sure, downloading games is fast enough at least at my place! Here's my house:

7751517808.png

It's weird going back to something like the 3 mbps I had when we first hooked up our internet. Actually, here's my first speed test that I posted on GTP:
Here's mine. It's good enough. Just wish I can get a faster speed.

2911438331.png

Latest Posts

Back