Votes: 346 33.6%
  • Dial-up modem (56k or slower)

Votes: 69 6.7%

• Total voters

:( First Third World Problems

Meanwhile when I was Far Far away...
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1372044144

1372044144.png

At one point the download & upload was double that...

So my internet has finally stabilised... just as Virgin Media announce that they are doubling the speed soon...

4665673378.png

Thing is... I wouldn't mind sticking with a 100Mb/s connection on the download, if they could bump the upload to maybe 20Mb/s...

I've just moved from just outside London to East London, I'm actually saving money (commuting and living rent-free was £475 a month, commuting and renting is somehow £405 a month...), I'm an hour closer to work and, best of all, my internet connection has gone from an "Up to 8Mb" (5Mb in reality) ADSL2+ line to a 65Mb fibre connection. Win-win-win, as they say.

Just ran a test at our "new" temp building for work while they restack our offices at a different building.
4701137321.png

I was actually over 330 Mbps but it dropped just before the capture.
Unfortunately this is what I am seeing at home...
4701145121.png

I am paying for Blast, which should be 105mbps DL and 20mbps UL. I need to rerack (read, actually rack) my servers and create two proper zones for my personal environment and my servers environment. Hopefully that will help, but as is, I have a feeling Comcast is gonna have to do some work or reimburse me for services not rendered.

That UL is crazy, I think the conection speed at the University labs is just half that.
Meanwhile here at home it's just 10DL and 1UL :(

Good old government infrastructure. Although, tbf, Michigan has got one of the best technology departments of any state in the US. Nearly everything is fiber channel, FoE or gig Ethernet, and quiteba lot of the equipment is quite new and powerful stuff. Not sure how specific I can be, but it very nice hanging out in our data centers if you are an IT guy. Just don't open the floor tiles...

What the.....

I was also surprised when I tested it out for the first time, last week I was using wi fi and it was only around 12Mb/s download and now I am using Ethernet and well, you see how fast it is, I am going to miss it when I go off of campus.

May 2013:
2700458061.png

October 2015:
4776819983.png

Amazing how my download speed has gone up quite a bit in the last two years (router upgrade), but the same can't be said for the upload speed. Guess Xfinity's cap placed on that is more restrictive.

First night with a new Hughes service....aaand the test thinks I'm in Kansas. This is probably as good as it's gonna get.

4822428929.png

At least I have TV coming to soothe my eventual rage.

Latest Posts

Back