Your latest race!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 676 comments
I had heard it said somewhere that Fixed race guy's were somewhat douchy, whiney, my balz are bigger than yours, your mom likes it, I can't build a setup, interweb tuff guy's...no matter...whatever...let's race anyway?

I'll say, they do not disappoint! No more Fixed C Oval for me. It's ALL theirs.

Too bad, it was nice while it lasted. I won't take them blame for something I didn't cause.

Last edited:
I had an incredible race earlier this evening in the iRacing Global Challenge at Lime Rock Park (which didn't require buying any additional content :)).

I started third in a field with some pretty high-rated drivers (#1 and #2 were rated 6587 and 4376 respectively!) with #1 on pole and #2 in second. I managed to take second in the first corner when #2 was too cautious going in (helps he was on the outside), and we stayed together in that order (#1, me, #2) for pretty much the whole race. We eventually all crossed the finish line less than a second apart.

iRacing is truly awesome when everything goes well; I'm glad I re-subscribed.

YAY! Mount Panorama BMW Challenge week 6. Finally a track with grip in just the right places. I guess GT6 helped lots because I know it before hand and drive it with NO FEAR. All cars are working. I've had a rough 2 week slide in everything iRacing, Road & Oval.

BTW...done being the nice guy, gentleman racer, heaving to and giving free passes. Protecting your iRating just gets you wrecked without an apology.You wanna pass me, you pass me if you can...

Started 3rd on the grid of Radical SR8s on Brands Hatch (love the car and track!), and was caught up in a turn 1 wreck after some idiot decided to ram into me and take out most of the field...

Oh the iRacing community... (this was an especially bad race, not every race was bad)

I had heard it said somewhere that Fixed race guy's were somewhat douchy, whiney, my balz are bigger than yours, your mom likes it, I can't build a setup, interweb tuff guy's...no matter...whatever...let's race anyway?

I'll say, they do not disappoint! No more Fixed C Oval for me. It's ALL theirs.

Too bad, it was nice while it lasted. I won't take them blame for something I didn't cause.
Went back to it! A & B drivers, SHUT UP AND RACE O GODS OF THE SPEEDWAY :bowdown:

Heh, I haven't raced since May, but jumped in a GTC race in the Mustang at Mid-Ohio just for ***** and giggles, intending to potter around at the back while I got used to being on track with other people.

Except after half a dozen laps I'm in the lead. This isn't going to plan at all! Dammit! ;)

I got lucky with a relatively weak field, in a car that I was always good at on a track that for some reason I've always done well at. Lucky win, that just happened to be my first race in four months (and my first win of the year! I only get a couple a year...). But I'll take it! :D

NIS fixed. 90 laps of Watkins Glen Cup in the Gen 6 (essentially 1hr 50mins of wrestling an octopus!) Started P2 and hung with the leader for the entire race. I knew I had better pace on worn tyres, so decided to be patient, save my tyres and wait till the end to mount a serious attack. On the 88th lap I got a good run on him out of the final corner and forced him to defend the inside into T1. He got spooked by a lapped car lingering on the apex and had to turn back out of the corner. He ran way wide on exit and I sneaked through on the inside. Managed to keep it tidy for the final 2 laps, negotiated a couple more lapped cars, and won by 1sec. Had an entire body sweat by the end :scared: Only been up 3hrs and already I need another shower!

Last edited:
NIS fixed. 90 laps of Watkins Glen Cup in the Gen 6 (essentially 1hr 50mins of wrestling an octopus!) Started P2 and hung with the leader for the entire race. I knew I had better pace on worn tyres, so decided to be patient, save my tyres and wait till the end to mount a serious attack. On the 88th lap I got a good run on him out of the final corner and forced him to defend the inside into T1. He got spooked by a lapped car lingering on the apex and had to turn back out of the corner. He ran way wide on exit and sneaked through on the inside. Managed to keep it tidy for the final 2 laps, negotiated a couple more lapped cars, and won by 1sec. Had an entire body sweat by the end :scared: Only been up 3hrs and already I need another shower!
Those are the races that make this hobby so addictive. :cheers:

Great week 2 B & C fixed (couldn't find a open race for when I'm on. Or more to the fact that not many race Open setup hardly anymore :confused:). B-Camaro @the Glen - P18, P6, P2, P3. C-Silverado @PIR - P14, P10, P4, P12, P2. Shouldn't count 18th place first race of the week finish? I got wrecked twice by the same driver and the second incident ended my race early.

Got my First ever iRacing win 👍 week 1 @Pocono C Fixed (P2,P1,P2,P11)!

Only raced 2 times on Limerock and got my points up to about 2.7 but logged on last night and Laguna Seca was going. I didnt realize they change every week. I accidently joined a race and did terribly. Had to go into the pits twice...now Im down to abouit 2.4..I was scared to withdraw for a penalty but I would have been better off..Going home tonight and practice the track.....

How often do the track change in the Mazda Cup and how often can your race them??

Only raced 2 times on Limerock and got my points up to about 2.7 but logged on last night and Laguna Seca was going. I didnt realize they change every week. I accidently joined a race and did terribly. Had to go into the pits twice...now Im down to abouit 2.4..I was scared to withdraw for a penalty but I would have been better off..Going home tonight and practice the track.....

How often do the track change in the Mazda Cup and how often can your race them??
Track changes every Monday, you can race as many times in a week as you like. If you go to the series page you can see the schedule and find out what track is up next.

Thanx...If I race the track everyday for the week how will this effect my points standing?. Will it take my best finish of the week??....

Averages your best 4 I believe.

Unless its changed recently Im pretty sure it takes your best race out of 4 then after that it averages your best races after you do more than 4 so if you were to do 5-6 races it would average your best 2 and so on.

Thanks for the advice....

Went and raced Laguna Seca after about a 40 min test run. Did ALOT better this time...I love this track, maybe because Im familiar with it being on Forza but it flows very well....Nerves got to me on turn one and downshifted to early and it spun me out...climbed back to the middle of the pack before the race was over....didnt win but it was a great time...

Thanks for the advice....

Went and raced Laguna Seca after about a 40 min test run. Did ALOT better this time...I love this track, maybe because Im familiar with it being on Forza but it flows very well....Nerves got to me on turn one and downshifted to early and it spun me out...climbed back to the middle of the pack before the race was over....didnt win but it was a great time...
Some of the best racing I have ever had has not been anywhere near the front. :lol:

I agree....last night I started in 5th got 3rd and in lap 5 I missed a gear and busted my tranny...didnt think I could do that in Rookie class....Ill be more careful next time...=)

I'll recap my last three races last night. Rookie class, Street Stock, Charlotte, I have my D-license.

1st race, 1st lap, had the inside line, and the guy outside came down on me. I saved the car, but in my frustration I mashed the gas, lost control and hit the wall. Pitted, but finished the race.

2nd race, 1st lap, accident in front of me, I zigged when I should have zagged. Guy hit the outer wall and I went low, his car bounced back pretty quickly, and I ran right in to him. Had I had the foresight I should've went high. Pitted, finished the race.

Wasn't gonna run a 3rd race, but I did. Third times a charm. Clean race til the last lap, two car wreck that I avoided, everyone finished. Best rookie race I've seen in my short career. Started 10th finished 11th, irating went down 29 points, which I though was a bit harsh. If anything, all of our iratings should have went up.

Just had a great little race, and it also bumped me up into D class.

MX-5s at Summit Point, I started on pole. Lead the first few laps, but I could see P2 was closing in on me bit by bit. I wasn't really in a great rhythm, so when he came up close enough I lifted a little and let him through. Already making a few little mistakes here 'n' there, I didn't want to make it worse by trying to fend off a faster driver and possibly ruining both our races.

As it happens though, not long after I dropped the place I found my rhythm and stuck right on him. Sat at about 0.7 behind for a couple of laps, then started knocking the tenths off that. I still wasn't gonna make a big move on him, coz we were fairly even in pace (and P2 is better than crashing out), but that wasn't gonna stop me from filling his mirrors.

His last leading lap, I'd closed to 0.4, and then I got a better exit out of the final corner. Got right up behind him, and just as I lifted a little to avoid rear ending him, he moved to the middle to defend and went deep on the brakes for the hairpin. Overshot it a bit and found the grass, and I cruised back into the lead. Was a great little duel for those 5 laps. Nice 'n' clean, no wild defensive driving or anything. From there, he was 3 seconds back and I just opened the gap up every lap til the end. Caught a couple of backmarkers, who both promptly and politely let me through (in Rookies! Amazing!). Cruised home for the win, no big incidents (a couple of dubious "off track" incidents), and took the fastest lap somewhere along the line.

Ugh, Jefferson Short Reverse. Cute little track for pootling around by yourself, freaking awful for actual racing. It's damn near impossible to get past anyone unless they actually make an error or are significantly slower, which leads to people pushing you off track and rear ending you in desperation.

I've had some good races with people who understood how it works and waited for their moment, but after my last race where I got punted in practise, and then twice in the race I think that's enough of this track for me. At least Lime Rock and Okayama Short are tracks where people are better behaved(ish), and then this whole Week 13 thing can be over for another season.

Just did my 2nd race ever at Okayama short with the MX5's. Strength of field was like 1300. I was in first the entire race until I ran out of fuel on like lap 18/20 and had to pit :banghead:

Managed to grab 2 wins in the late model at Watkins Glen this week. First time I've won a public event since the season after the Cadillac came out.

Managed to grab 2 wins in the late model at Watkins Glen this week. First time I've won a public event since the season after the Cadillac came out.

Awesome! I did one as well late last night and got a win myself. It's such a fun combo. Wasn't many people only like 9 total with 5 LM's. I was in the front row with a mustang so it was basicllly a 25 lap time trial for me but it's been literally months since Ive done a race. I had no traffic but I was pretty happy with my race pace. Average time was 1:20.409 which was the fastest average time from that day that I saw. Hard to compare cause I had no one to race but still good for me with no more racing I've done as of late.

Yeah, that's a really good average, I think mine was in the 1:21 to 1:22 range. My best lap is a high 1:19, the really fast guys are in the 1:18s. The best average I saw was a 1:20.2xx. Right about 8 to 8:30 PM pacific was about the last strong fields.

I had my very first race on iRacing today, driving the MX-5 at Summit Point Raceway. I practiced about 1,5 weeks, mostly at that track, so I don't loose control in the first corner and make up a big mess. I ran two qualifying sessions this week, running a high 1:26ish time mostly without any incidents. To my surprise, I started in 3rd position, didn't expect that. The start - well I kind of missed it as the lights went green all of a sudden, I was waiting for some kind of countdown. Lost a position or two there, not a good start. The first couple corners went quite well, keeping up with the others was doable. In T5 I saw the first guy crash right in front of me, loosing control over his car in T4 ending in the tire wall. Let's try to not replicate that, I thought. In T9 I got a little to much oversteer so I had to brake a little, too bad that guy behind me was too close and/or couldn't react fast enough, so he crashed me, resulting in both sliding of the track. What a bummer, luckily our cars weren't damaged too much, so both of us could continue racing. My car wasn't going perfectly straight anymore, so I lost some tenth over a lap, but the rest of the race went pretty okayish, ran of track two or three times and lost another two positions, but I could end the race without any other bigger incidents in the 6th place with an increase of my safety rating.
Next time, be a little more consistent, and avoid unnecessary incidents. The race was a lot of fun, hopefully it'll be even more fun next time!

Just won a rookie MX5 race, got +.63 SR and promoted to D class!

Was pretty uneventful, I never left 1st place and 2nd was like 10 sec behind.

To my surprise, I started in 3rd position, didn't expect that. The start - well I kind of missed it as the lights went green all of a sudden, I was waiting for some kind of countdown.
the lights will start off then turn red then green all the time. I'm sure you realize that by now.
A lot of guys often forget to qualify, especially early in the week. So I'm always extra wary of the first few people behind me if I'm one of few people to qualify.
I just watched and highly recommend both parts of Shaun Cole's back to basics video in The Simpit.

Back