Your latest race!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 676 comments
the lights will start off then turn red then green all the time. I'm sure you realize that by now.
A lot of guys often forget to qualify, especially early in the week. So I'm always extra wary of the first few people behind me if I'm one of few people to qualify.
I just watched and highly recommend both parts of Shaun Cole's back to basics video in The Simpit.
Yeah, I was expecting the lights turning on one by one and then going green, like in F1. Won't miss my next start :)
I hope I can get another race at Summit Point when I come home from work later today. Watched the SimPits Back to basics a couple days ago, really looking forward to further episodes!

Had my second race today, didn't miss the start this time. The start was great actually, way better than the start of the two guys in front of me.
T1 and 2 went good, but I was on the outside, so no chance to get past them. T3 was a wheel to wheel with someone, but he was a little faster on the exit. Too bad I didn't notice, so next turn when going right I touched his back, making him spin of the track into the barriers. Damn. Spoke to him after the race, he was okay with it, sounded like it was his first race. I'm sorry.
Rest of the race went pretty smooth, lost one more position, but could keep up with the guys behind or in front of me, although my wheel was at 45° when going straight after the little hit. So I finished P4, got another 0.10 SR, not too bad. Looking forward to Okayama.

Last edited:
finished second in the skippy at interlagos a whopping 40 or 50 seconds behind the leader in our NW league race, I'm happy about that.

I finished third in a fixed setup league race with the National car at homestead, I finished with 69% tread left on my RF. Insane race with a pack of 5 or 6 cars all going at it at once for about 2/3rds of the race. At the end I was all alone and made up some lyrics sung to the tune of "No Time" by The Guess Who, while cruisin along.

"No Tires left for you
On my way to the finish line" :lol:

Ugh, backmarkers. Got taken out halfway through the GT3 race. Like actually taken out, I pulled alongside the guy and he jinked into me. Sigh.

I was probably en route for at least a top 3, with a decent shot of winning the race too. As it was I managed to finish middle of the pack after getting repairs for the resulting meatball flag, and without any further incidents. So happy I managed to pull a decent result out of a terrible situation, but annoyed that I lost my chance at a win. I only get a couple a year. :(

So this happend in todays race at Lime Rock Park, lap 1. I'm in the black-orange-green car (sorry for potato quality, I don't have any screen capture software installed nor would my computer handle it).

Not sure if I could've avoided wrecking so many other cars, but I felt like a ball being kicked all over the track. Sorry to everybody.
Before the white guy crashed me the first time I noticed him going inside on the grass, but I really didn't expect him coming back on track like this. He left the session instantly after the race, so I couldn't even talk to him. I was kinda angry when I was laying there upside down, I practiced some 50 laps this afternoon for a good race. At least I could finish the rest of the race incident free in 7th position being 2 laps behind the leader.

I'd say I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but is the crash my fault or could I have actually done anything better to avoid this mess? Still a rookie, so I'd love to hear the opinion of a more experienced driver :)

I'd have to see it from the white car's angle to really judge, but I'd say you did nothing wrong there. I know that corner gets awkward at that point, but maybe I would have given the white car more room as he was hanging there.
But honestly I would have driven exactly the same as you did, he didn't seem to be alongside and he probably should have fell into line behind you, but perhaps from his angle he felt he had no where to go.

Its also difficult to judge if he lost control or swiped you, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he just lost it trying to keep his foot down off the track. He shouldn't have tried to keep his foot down off track basically. Whether he should have taken to the track to begin with or whether you should have given him room is hard to say from those angles.

My last race was a GTC race @ Charlotte Road with the Mustang. Had a nice battle with a few people but they all crashed (one into the fence one into the wall at turn 1) so I ended up trying to chase down the leader but he was about the same pace as I was so I couldn't catch him. I got the fastest lap, at least.

First race after 2 years of absence (AC & PCars to blame).
Street Stock cars @usa International with rookies (I'm in D class), first race ever in this track and I get in top split.
I was so nervous that didn't qualify to start at the back. I was expecting a wreckfest but race was actually very clean.
So started from 11 and ended up in 9th which was about right if I compare average lap times.
"Best" part of the race was when suddenly something happened in the background (Windows?) and I got black screen for few seconds but luckily only drove of the track and lost few seconds. After that I was running about 30 laps alone for the rest of the race. I'm just wondering why my current lap times @usa International are so slow compared to practice/time trials 2 years ago. Has something changed? My best lap in practice/race was slower by 0.2sec than TT 2 years ago.
I'm also wondering what should I pick when I get to ovals C class. Is there some participation statistics available?

Started playing iRacing in recent weeks & thoroughly enjoying it!

Here is a video to one of my first ever league races, really enjoyed it & look forward to more!

I decided to give up on project cars competitive racing and return to iRacing.
Fired up the old c6r in the GT1 championship. Did a bunch of practice and races, finally got a setup that works good for me, set a new personal best (2:03.1) at Road America while finishing 5th!
A top division driver had spun early and was behind me about 15 seconds or so, I figured he'd either disconnect or spin again, instead he busted out lap after lap of faster laps than me (about 1.5secs faster).
He caught me on the last lap (15), the right-hander after the high speed bend (3rd last corner I guess). I decided to just stay wide and let him have the inside... I know my limits... so he passes inside and I hit the throttle too early/hard and spun! Fortunately, the next position was too far back and I was able to poke along to the finish :)

T300 works pretty good, the FFB seems much better than over a year ago on my DFGT. It's not pCars ffb, but it's enough. For some reason MSAA causes stuttering with my GTX970 so I run FXAA instead, which works ok due to triple screen...

DSQ'd in the Caddy Cup race.

4 wrecks. 3 were not my fault, one was my fault.

Wreck #1: Pace lap: Brake checked by the car in front, 4X.

Wreck #2: Turned into when trying to make a dive up the inside to turn 1. 4X.

Wreck #3: (my fault): I accidentally outbraked myself into the second to last hairpin, and accidentally took someone else out with me. 4X.

Wreck #4: Car spun directly in front of me and I had no time to avoid it. 4X.

Then I track extend into turn 4 and get DSQ'd. GG.

SR divebombed from D 2.65 to D 2.38 (now 2.41 because of a TT).

Last edited:
My last official race was in the Dallara DW12 Indycars at the Daytona oval. It was a blast. I was running in the lead pack the whole race, but got shuffled back from the lead to 4th. I kept trying to work my way up front. Coming off the final turn on the final lap I was running third on the far outside. The leaders were racing very close to one another and touched. The inside car touched the apron and came back up the track taking out P2! I cleared the crash that took out P1,2 and 4; and, won the race!! That was only my 11th official win in over 6 years on iRacing.com.

I feel like I got lucky. Which helps make a couple of races that slipped away not sting so bad anymore.

Really frustrating last race. Qualified 2nd in a Blancpain Sprint Series race at Imola, but even during the Quali lap my PC was stuttering, don't know why. Anyway, started the race and the stuttering was unbearable so I pulled in to pits at the end of lap 1 and parked it. Really frustrating to have you best qualifying performance and have pace on the leader even with stuttering but be forced to retire.

Turns out my PC was stuck doing something and had 100% Memory and Disc usage. Restarting it fixed it but it doesn't get my race back :(

IMSA DP @ Mosport race. Didn't go well.

Was 6th in class in the 'Vettes... took 6 gallons...

With about 7 minutes or so to go... I hear the spotter's dreaded words:

"You've got about five laps of fuel left."

"Oh 🤬, time for Prius mode..." (Map 2) was running through my head for a while, and I had a fairly comfortable gap to the car behind (5th was too far away. I switched over to Map 2, checked my Fuel black box... and I was one lap down on fuel.

With about 3 or so laps to go (time-wise), the spotter said that I only had two laps of fuel left. I started doing whatever I could to save fuel... and with one lap to go and about 3 or so seconds to the car behind, I had to push slightly in order for me to make it to the line ahead of the other car behind me. The "FUEL PRESSURE LOW" warning statement came on... and then things really went wrong. Coming up to the final corner, the car started to splutter and my opponents came into view. I tried parking the bus... and I realized about half a second too late that the car racing me for position was on my inside, and I got spun around. My spun car also caused another DP to wreck as well.

And I was out of fuel before I even reached the finish line. Finished 7th in class, and amazingly, my iRating went up from 1445 to 1473. GG.

Moral of the story? Don't take 6 gallons of fuel.

And Corvette DP ≠ Prius

Latest Posts

Back