Your older days of GTP (Your first avatar, Personality, Person used to known here)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 112 comments

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
Hello and welcome :)

Sometimes, your realized that your GTP state of today may not the same as previous ones. Sometimes you may have a first ever GT logo avatar and then a constant BMW avatar before going into Deadpools. Or probably was an ridiculously opinionated person or a huge, total fanboy of something before being level headed now. Or probably some member you know or love before they rarely in GTP anymore or simply gone missing.

Share your older days of GTP days here. Be sure that those 3 are kindly expected.

For me, the avatar didnt change much (if you follow the avatar thread my change actually started in 2012, and im joimed here at 2013). But i was a very opinionated person here, sometimes to the point i constantly launches take thats to some people. I was a bad boy back then. I used to know somebody last couple of years. Some changed but thankfully not far much.

This is actually a rather interesting thread, especially for those who have been around for ten years or more.
For me, it's been five years (in a couple of weeks). So let me think back to the past...

My first GTP Avatar was... this one I have right now. It hasn't ever changed and I like it like that. I have seen both the good and the bad of GTP really, but all in all I have realised that of all the members there are probably a good 100 or so that could be regarded as the family of GTP in many ways. Some post a lot, some post a little but it seems that they genuinely care for each other, which is something you do not often see in forums. I am lucky to have been part of four forums like that, but none with that many members feeling that way.

My personality. Well that hasn't changed one bit at all, as you've probably noticed I am not one that changes things if they work. Of course, you always look for ways to improve but that doesn't really affect personality if you don't have bad habits as such.

As to people who have disappeared, well there are a couple who I used to talk to that have disappeared, most notably @ChloeSMV but I still have her on PSN. It's quite different though since I rarely go on the PS now due to other commitments. There was a point where @Hollow disappeared and I think many people were wondering where she had popped off to, but she is back now so I cannot really say that I miss her or anything. And there was Alex too, who has disappeared just like that.

Apart from that I don't think GTP has changed all that much in the past five years. Apart from new features and software updates, almost all the same people are here. Though I do wish I met @Danny earlier. That would have been rather interesting.

latest

Personality is the same, just more reserved and level minded perhaps. Not willing to go on the same day after day long winded arguments with people (nor do I have the time or see a point).

First avatar was the Laughing man symbol from Ghost in the Shell.

The people I care to know for the most part are still here and those who have gone because of silly matters like say @Azure Flare.

Really my only goal is to just have fun on GTP now, enjoy in depth Motorsport and Car conversations and talk about games that aren't only GT specific. The in fighting and trying to make reasonable arguments stick to those who rather not be reasonable is too much of an exercise and really doesn't gain anything. I find being more knowledgeable and passing that on in the known areas I post as a better thing to do now days on GTP.

I remember that. I'd say he's more scary than Gengar.

I used to be menglan. Also, I've had this avatar for the overwhelming majority of my time here. First Avatar was something from Calvin and Hobbes. Young_Warrior tried to get me banned. I'm still here. I trolled Poverty incessantly. Then again, I think half of us did that. @TB was nice enough to take me to lunch for my birthday when I lived in Fargo.

A few thoughts. Anyone remember @JohnBM01 's novellas? They've gotten progressively shorter.

I dont remember what my first avatar was.

It was either my a variation of the current one (I have had red boarder with red text, red boarder with yellow text, ect) or it could have been a sketch of a grayfox that was done in GIMP.

My first avatar was a small Dodge Viper that blinked. I miss the gif avatars that I used. One was an edited '69 Camaro cruising down La Sarth with a lightbar from the R34 Pace car from Gran Turismo 4. I'll post it when I get home.

I think I owe them.
Too true. Your lunch cost me £12.76 and you haven't paid me back a penny! :P

I keep forgetting to meet you; I think I'm going to wait until I've got a car and then I'll drive up and see you and @Danny.

Too true. Your lunch cost me £12.76 and you haven't paid me back a penny! :P

I keep forgetting to meet you; I think I'm going to wait until I've got a car and then I'll drive up and see you and @Danny.
What about London? You seriously need to go and I will be happy to join you and help you. (As much as I can, I am not like some super knowledgeable guy but I have been a couple of times)

What about London? You seriously need to go and I will be happy to join you and help you. (As much as I can, I am not like some super knowledgeable guy but I have been a couple of times)
I'll let you know if I have a free weekend this month. Apparently my aunt will be in Manchester at some point so I might go see her, and this weekend I'm already fully booked.

I've changed quite a lot since I'm in the middle of that major maturing stage. I joined GTP at 9 (yes, not lying) and started posting at 10. My posts back then weren't bad quality, but I'm sure they made quite a few people cringe. They were horrible, in my opinion, at least. 60% of them were pointless and the other 40% weren't, but they were worded like they were worded by a kid (kid meaning not a teen, because I'm only almost 14), because they were.

I've only been here for a couple of years, but I've changed a lot.

I started off with some (unusually) bad grammar, a lot of terrible, terrible arguments, and generally I was a little annoying git. Being on GTP has taught me how to form reasoned arguments and how to discuss things properly. It's turned me into slightly less of an annoying git. A massive thank you for everyone who actually put up with my godawful posting.

I don't actually remember my first avatar, but the earliest one I remember was from when Tilton won WTAC for the first time:

Tilton Evo.jpg

The first member I liked was @Danny, and the first member I got to know truly well was @sparkytooth. The former still makes me smile, and so does the latter - no matter what members come and go, some will always stay the same. That's what makes GTP great.

I have only been here for just under a year and boy have I changed. I came to this site as a negative, stereotypical person and now I'm the complete opposite. I believe my very first avatar was my scale model of the '69 Charger General Lee and I've had numerous avatar changes since.

I used to be way more open and talkative on these forums, however it has changed quite a bit. Nowadays on GTP I've become much quieter, conservative and for some odd reason I don't like expressing my opinion on here very much. In real life I can discuss things pretty well but on here and online in general I feel uncomfortable doing so.

It probably has something to do with my lacking self-confidence which has been my problem since forever, but I do remember being more open on the Internet than I am now... I wonder why that has changed... :guilty:

As for my first avatar, I believe it was one of the avatars that were provided by GTP, I think it was the Diablo one. :D

The first friend on here, I'm not entirely sure, I remember @rallymorten and @jus1029 being some of the first on here. And of course, I quickly got along well with the photomode community. :)

Last edited:
I used to be way more open and talkative on these forums, however it has changed quite a bit. Nowadays on GTP I've become much quieter, conservative and for some odd reason I don't like expressing my opinion on here very much. In real life I can discuss things pretty well but on here and online in general I feel uncomfortable doing so.

It probably has something to do with my lacking self-confidence which has been my problem since forever, but I do remember being more open on the Internet than I am now... I wonder why that has changed... :guilty:

As for my first avatar, I believe it was one of the avatars that were provided by GTP, I think it was the Diablo one. :D

The first friend on here, I'm not entirely sure, I remember @rallymorten and @jus1029 being some of the first on here. And of course, I quickly got along well with the photomode community. :)
Interesring. Id rather opinionated on public online than real life because real life, real consequences.

I've popped in and out of here for quite a few years, ever since buying a PS2 when I saw GT3.

Anyway, the avatar - For a long time I just used a stock gear shift avatar. The one I use now is my dashboard shortly after buying my current car. (Although it now has over 60,000 miles on it).

I don't think my personality has changed much, although I've gotten busier with other stuff. For instance, I got 100% on GT3, something I can't imagine doing on any of the GTs since. Oh, I was playing a lot while recovering from a shattered leg and ankle, so I had more time and may have had posts influenced by pain medication or general pain. And during some of that time my overall outlook was not good, but I don't think I showed it here.

I remembered a very cool Australian guy who frequented the forum back then. I had to search my early threads to find who, it was vat_man, who at some point became a member of the staff it seems (he has "staff emeritus" by his name. But he hasn't been here since 2008.

Oh boy... where do i begin?
For starters, I distinctly remember this was my first avatar:
upload_2015-9-4_20-1-3.png

My first post was apparently this, and 2 things: I sucked at photography then and I sucked at drifting.

In just the two months I've been playing I've already had 3 drift cars and haven't settled on one yet.
:lol:

Eiger Nordwand Short Track
by DCybertron, on Flickr

Tsukuba Circuit
by DCybertron, on Flickr

Eiger Nordwand Short Track
by DCybertron, on Flickr

As a bonus, I've been tinkering with this.

Eiger Nordwand Short Track_2

by
DCybertron
, on Flickr

And the people I associated back then I guess was that one Touge tuning competition, and I didn't even know how to tune in GT5...

Long story short I was a disaster back then. :lol:

started from the bottom now we here

I remember how I used to bold my posts, and then that transcended into posting in bold + teal. Both posting styles were super garish and now it aggravates me when I see other people coloring their text. I accumulated a lot of posts around the time I made replicas in GT5, going from 1,000 to 2,000 posts in just a few months. I think I started to slow to my current pace at around 4,000 posts or so. I used Mila Kunis avatars for quite a while, then I used George Constanza for about a year. I was gonna stick with Tony Soprano this year, but I was running out of pics that I liked and used Tinashe instead because she's pretty attractive. I used to post pretty much exclusively in the GT5 section, but then I came over to Cars in General and the Rumble Strip. These days most of my posts are in the GTA subforum, Cars in General and the Infield, but I still don't post a lot anymore. Usually I just stick to a PM group and posting crap on people's profiles. lol

I will say that for a while I was pretty formal with my posts and used a lot of big words, but I've definitely loosened up over the past year.

hsv
The first member I liked was @Danny, and the first member I got to know truly well was @sparkytooth. The former still makes me smile, and so does the latter - no matter what members come and go, some will always stay the same. That's what makes GTP great.
@Danny needs to go. What a butthole.

<3

Last edited:
I remember my previous avatar (crescent Neptune), but don't remember any before that.

Like GT916 I also joined when I was nine - but unlike him I posted a lot at this age. I'd like to say my posting style has matured nicely, now trying to have my sophisticated vocabulary more prominent through my posts, rather than "I WON! YAY:):):)"

And then there was a period where everyone got a birthday thread. Everyone. So much so I got warned by... @Touring Mars I think? to calm it down.

A lot of my avatars were car avatars earlier until when I discovered anime about late last year - every since most of my avatars have some direct correlation to an anime or a manga. First avatar I can remember was a poorly edited picture of a green Focus RS.

Started when I was 13, Mostly at the GT5 Photomode thread posting tons of pictures there, I admit it wasn't the best, But I had a blast running my own thing, I guess it made me feel mature, But looking back at it I was as immature as any other 13 years old, I did that for almost a year then I tried to be a part of other websites, Then came back doing the same thing till earlier last year I guess, I think I may have offended some of the people of this community, If so I am sorry. There was a lot of people that inspired me in the Photomode threads.
My first avatar was picture of Badtz Maru, After that it was just variations of the letters, F, A, Y, C, and E in that particular order, until recently of course.

I had an Australian Flag until 100 posts.

Since then I've had this Avatar.

I couldn't spell too good or write the best at 14 and I still can't. So yeah.. not a lot has changed really?
Youre the one who has the best avatar combination award, right?

:D

Back