Your older days of GTP (Your first avatar, Personality, Person used to known here)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 112 comments
@TB was nice enough to take me to lunch for my birthday when I lived in Fargo.
If you're ever back up this way, we shall dine again. Doesn't even need to be your b-day!
Since then I've had this Avatar.
LIAR!

You also had the proper, upside down, Australian version!

- - - - -

I've had entirely too many avatars over the years but as a general rule, if it's Simpsons, Star Wars, Deadpool or, more recently, anti-TB based, I've likely used it.

Posting style is the same as mentally I'm still a 12 year old.

I actually was thinking about doing a thread similar to this today but...yeah...

ford-gt-nurburgring.jpg

I started using GTP around 2009/2010 to see some GT5 news and see some helpful tips and tricks to complete some events in GT4.

I remember seeing those updates news and Seasonal Event and man...it made me wish that I could download the GT5 updates and my OFW to the latest version...sadly however my internet during those times was a total awfulness......even by today my current one is bad but still...not that BAD....I just spent my whole time on GT5 from 19 December 2010 to near Christmas 2012 playing on GT5 1.00...!!

That's why I haven't joined yet until 2013...

Around September 2012, I did upgrade to my current internet and it felt soo much faster!! I was going to update GT5 and join GTPlanet after but when I reached to 1.13 and while I was downloading 2.0 update...an error just popped out for no reason...so I had to re-enter the game but...I faced a major problem being unable to boot my GT5 because of the Huge Save Game/Game Data BUG so I had to delete my game data and just stick with GT5 1.00...

It wasn't until Christmas 2012 were I upgraded to 2.XX something...man it felt like a different game...it was the Real GT5 game..

However I didn't join GTP until March 2013 when THIS SEASONAL EVENTS appears out of nowhere...!

Okay...wait..is this First days of GTP or my struggle with GT5...?:P
---_-_-_-_-_-_--
I joined GTP when I was 13, almost going to be 14.

During my first days of GTP, I wasn't posting as much since I mostly spend time just reading and enjoy watching the discussion. I wasn't really that bad at posting since I was already at couple other gaming forums too but still it was broken somehow. Also sometimes I felt somehow lonely since I find no one to talk to...and thus I sometimes leave GTP for couple days...maybe weeks and spend it with other forums. My post counts started to raise up a bit faster after I got a copy of GT6 via leaking...

My first ever avatar was...nothing..:P but my first ever custom avatar was a random mazda 787b avatar...if you remember GTPlanet before November 2013 update then you will know what I mean....then I remember from time to time I was using different GT5/6 images as my avatars...

It was January this year when I started to used Avatars like this...

we-png.284512

And later I started using my current one which I think it's just pretty simple and "cool"...

Seeing some of my older posts makes me wonder "wait...these guys were actually some of the members that replied to or was posting in my threads back then?:eek:"

Screenshot_2015-09-05-16-37-02.png
Screenshot_2015-09-05-16-41-02.png
Screenshot_2015-09-05-16-39-49.png
Screenshot_2015-09-05-16-39-09.png

Screenshot_2015-09-05-16-41-16.png

Look at those who posted and the likes...Did modrators, staff emeritus, well known GTP members...etc posted here...?:eek:

One of the things I miss from the older days is my GT6 meme thread which lately went to disaster...

Just look at the earlier December 2013 - Augest 2014 and look how much people moved on from GT6 forums after that...most of these people ether left GT Sub Forums or Left GTP...

I wish if I was able to go back and talk to some guys and laugh...

I joined in 2013 to start a "tuning garage" or something like that, I don't remember the details too well. The earliest avatar I remember having was of a Corvette C6R but can't remeber what it was exactly.

My history:

My Gran Turismo devotion: Bought all the main games. Bought a limited edition of both GT5 (with Stealth cars) and GT6 (Asian 15th anniversary edition). Own both Apex books.

Lurker since December 2012. I'm an introvert so..

Became a typical member in February 2013. Had an avatar of the Carrera GT. Still in the unknown..

Started writing GT5 Race Reports in May 2013 that ended in December. I had avatars of the cars present in the tale. Notable for not trying a repetitive formula.

Became even more outstanding when I revealed that I was a Spongebob fanatic to the masses by August 2013. I'm still this, but not as in your face as before.

Joined the GTPlanet R* Crew at September 2013. Promoted to Lieutenant earlier this year.

Tried to make a sequel to writing, but had no drive to continue. Retired with an epic final write on January 2015. I still have a writing thread so I don't go rusty.

Made typical Cool Wall opinions, until sometime ahead, where my role in there is to make vague, interesting statements regarding the car voted. (or Spongebob tasting Snail Po)

Had a boost in social interaction in the GTPlanet Vs Wham! 2014 thread. Also aside from winning, I got warning points!

And maybe more? I haven't gotten into any action for a while now.

I joined in April 2013 with some question about GT4, I think.

I don't think I have changed since then, my english is still pretty bad and I also don't remember my first avatar.

Members that disappeared? @MoMo PeeZero and @NBDESIGNZ seem to be lost since the beginning of this summer.

The first member I got to know a little bit better was @ITCC_Andrew, who got banned later on unfortunately. At the moment I am pretty good with @xZAMGMarmite and @The Stig Farmer as they are my teammates in SCM.

Been nostalgic, then i found my first thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/frzgt-first-post-free-cars.281585/

Yes, i was the cartel of GT5. The thread look kinda small but in PSN and local club im actually pretty *ahem* popular for being a daily santa. 0 Miles fresh out of OCD! Darn :P I literally has no idea who they are, as first two years of GTP isnt exactly active. Let alone interact.

Second Thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/pre-patch-2-12-modding.281586/

Well the reason i made the thread is because the answer on other thread doesnt sastify me at all. Yeah its my first locked. And OMG @TheKitten responded to me! I love you, not just the kitty!

First ever GT6 post. Because i wasnt care about GTP mostly.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/about-the-b-spec-in-gt6.285455/
Yeeeah. Daydreaming about what the BSpec would be :) I recgonize people like @SCER and @Streeto. Sadly not to further extent, but atleast i recgonize you guys :)

First ever popular thread with 100+ replies!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/10-1-interesting-things-about-the-new-gt6-car-list.289949/
OMG! So many recgonizable members i see! And its the day when DCP still isnt preaching in Opinions Subforum. Wondered why :D

First explosive thread! Thanks for the likes lol.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sound-update-pd-is-now-hiring-email.309334/
So much win.

Puns of GT6 check it out! First ever popular thread with no serious intention.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-incredibly-lame-gt-pun-challenge.318939/

First meme. First ok, now despised, right? Ok.
Gran Turismo 6 Memes (NO profanity/stupidity/obvious re-use/flooding)

First in ponies. Previously outside the GTP. Since 2012 brother!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...dness-and-gilda.198206/page-1125#post-9634670
Stupid reason: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ness-and-gilda.198206/page-1142#post-10185845

So yeah. Me wasting my life there.

Last edited:
Been nostalgic, then i found my first thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/frzgt-first-post-free-cars.281585/

Yes, i was the cartel of GT5. The thread look kinda small but in PSN and local club im actually pretty *ahem* popular for being a daily santa. 0 Miles fresh out of OCD! Darn :P I literally has no idea who they are, as first two years of GTP isnt exactly active. Let alone interact.

Second Thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/pre-patch-2-12-modding.281586/

Well the reason i made the thread is because the answer on other thread doesnt sastify me at all. Yeah its my first locked. And OMG @TheKitten responded to me! I love you, not just the kitty!

First ever GT6 post. Because i wasnt care about GTP mostly.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/about-the-b-spec-in-gt6.285455/
Yeeeah. Daydreaming about what the BSpec would be :) I recgonize people like @SCER and @Streeto. Sadly not to further extent, but atleast i recgonize you guys :)

First ever popular thread with 100+ replies!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/10-1-interesting-things-about-the-new-gt6-car-list.289949/
OMG! So many recgonizable members i see! And its the day when DCP still isnt preaching in Opinions Subforum. Wondered why :D

First explosive thread! Thanks for the likes lol.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sound-update-pd-is-now-hiring-email.309334/
So much win.

Puns of GT6 check it out! First ever popular thread with no serious intention.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-incredibly-lame-gt-pun-challenge.318939/

First meme. First ok, now despised, right? Ok.
Gran Turismo 6 Memes (NO profanity/stupidity/obvious re-use/flooding)

First in ponies. Previously outside the GTP. Since 2012 brother!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...dness-and-gilda.198206/page-1125#post-9634670
Stupid reason: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ness-and-gilda.198206/page-1142#post-10185845

Hiks. Why! Why GTP i used to love and share succumbed? I used to be very optimistic and really enjoyed it and some of the members i met but recently some become egoist, some left, some less active, some banned, some become grumpier, probably including me. Some are well known.....or was like Praiano. I really, really fear the future of this. Im kinda sad, really. I literally depressed as time in here goes. :( I do met more people to compensate. But it will never be the same as it was.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...hnks-fr-th-mmrs.323105/page-211#post-10940265

I now regret looking back... Kitten has no English. Kitten Pls.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/650pp-suzuka-street.232924/

I came here when I was 13, and my posts, from that time, to the time I left for a while (in September 2014), were, well, crap. If there was ever a "GTPlanet member who has started the most arguments", it probably would have been me. :lol:

I remember when I first joined. I found the site in 2008/2009. Came here for GT news and whatnot. 2010 was when I started visiting a lot and reading posts. I finally joined in 2011. I wasn't immature, I was more of clueless really. Lol didn't know how anything worked or anything.

My first avatar if I remember correctly, was this.

TN_Le_Mans-1995-06-18-023.jpg

Not sure if this was the EXACT picture, but I know I had a Skyline GT-R LM as my first picture.

I was some one that was extremely quiet and didn't really post much at all, i mainly just viewed the news when GT updated, guess you can say i was a sort of lurker.

This may have been my first avatar (photo I took in GT6 back then) i don't really remember what my first was honestly i know i used it though.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_1.jpg

Last edited:
Been here since October 2014 (I think) and didn't get my account activated until about December of the same year. (I think)
My first avatar was this... (I think)
Checkered Flag (dylanlikes88).jpg

Then in April my friend CobaltSketch drew my new avatar.
Checkered Flag With Checkered Flag.png

I basically never posted. I still post rarely. But I'm getting more active everyday, and I'm on here every chance I get.

Let's see:

1st avatar: I believe it was a Toyota GT-One in GT3

Personality: Mainly shy (although I did get aggressive at one point, but I don't talk about it)

Why I came here: I was looking for Prize car lists for GT4 and GT5. After I hooked up my PS3 to the internet, I joined GTP. I proceeded to mainly do trading on GT5 and I was followed through with my deals (except for the one time, but once again, I don't talk about it). Afterwards I became hooked, and I've been here ever since.

Person I knew from the beginning: not many that I can remember. Furthest I can go back is about a year ago when I met my TKU partner in crime: @Jahgee (who I'm sure is crazy, maybe just a tad bit though).

That's my story.

When I signed up I had a username that was my real name, avatar for a long time was a Samus running animated gif.

Samus-Running.gif

Then we switched to new forum software without GIFs and Freddie came in. I don't think my posting style has really changed a great deal.

Joined in January 2012 and I remember switching between the generic GTP avatars we used to have access to, until I finally decided to set a Vitaly Petrov cartoon as my avatar, then I got a Stig gif, then a custom South Park avatar (Looking "like" me), switching between these three options from time to time until @TB stopped using a Bobba Fett avatar that looked like Megaman, since then, I've been using Bobba Fett avatars.

As for friends, I can remember chatting quite a bit with amazingwarrior (I can only remember his PSN, not his gtp username) and a few other guys who are inactive now.
Today, I join GT6 online lobbies with @nascarfan1400, @GranTurismo916, @Whitetail, @Angel and quite a lot more, regardless of the fact that I can not communicate effectively with them, they've always shown friendliness towards me, so I think I can count them as friends :).

And let's not forget the people I try to help in the General Relationship thread, cheers to all of you, guys!
When I signed up I had a username that was my real name, avatar for a long time was a Samus running animated gif.

Samus-Running.gif

Then we switched to new forum software without GIFs and Freddie came in. I don't think my posting style has really changed a great deal.
So that is your real name..

Mind if I say it? :lol:

Last edited:
Found what my first avatar was, or it was at least something VERY similar to this:
6_06He_7.jpg

Ah, back to 2011... Oh god, no! Back to 2011. No, I'm back at school with the nasties! Oh, the horror! They're making generic rude teenager remarks! Please, make it stop!! Oh wait, we're talking about GTP, so I should be fine.

Oh god, it was awful! I said so much stupid crap, and probably convinced many people that I was in mental care! I did a lot of unnecessary generic teenaged complaining in the "What Grinds Your Gears" thread. Yeah, I was part of that miserable crowd. :lol: Then that got locked because of stupid people like me, and I then became a nearly coherent human being. In other words, I started posting less and realized I should probably put some thought down before posting. I like to say that I became smarter, but I'm not sure I'd be telling the truth.

I might not have actually been dumb, I can't remember. I could have actually been just trying to be funny, but the jokes had no context, so I just seemed dumb... Nah, that can't be right.

First C6, then C7. Hmmmmm.
Well I've always loved modern GT race cars, and the Corvette has always been one of my favourites. Plus the C7.R is currently my favourite out of all the GTLM cars.

Stumbled upon this place in 2012, signed up for the GTPSP WTAC because the only thing I had then was a PSP with Gran Turismo Portable, and the WTAC gave me a reason to keep playing the game even after I've unlocked all cars.

I remember sporting the red RIDOX Supra as my avatar back then, I never really changed it until I came back to the forums late last year.

I was just confined to the GTPSP forums, and there weren't that many of us then since everyone else was on GT5. I was just chill back then, I wanted to interact with everyone as much as possible and it was a lot of fun sharing information with my fellow competitors in WTAC. Personality-wise? I'd say I'm a lot friendlier than before, I'm just taking the chance to get to know more people, I didn't really attempt to get outside the GTPSP forums since I felt that I wouldn't be able to relate.

If there's someone I miss having around GTP, it's got to be @red ice, he was the one of the friendliest guys around the GTPSP forums, and he was the first fellow countryman I've met here in gtplanet. He might not be active around here anymore due to work and family, but even up to now, I still want to get that chance to meet him.

I joined GTP on January 1st 2009 as a result of finally getting a PS3 with GT5 Prologue and needing assistance with tunes for the S-Class races(by the way - how awesome were those races for GT standards!?). My first username was Chariots0fFire, I can't remember my avatar! :(

Then, I went Premium and changed my name to Classic as a result of having Classic Sonic avatars for a while, so a change felt necessary. Eventually, my real name started to become known to most of the members I was highly acquainted with so it felt natural considering how long I have been here for me to simply change my name to Brend as this place felt like home by that point.

Posting style has radically changed as I have aged. I used to be quite the hot-head and let my passions and attitude go off every so often until I learned to be a bit more calm and collected in debate. I picked up 5 warning points when GT5 released and that was the 'kick' I needed to become a bit less firey and a bit more wise in discussions(even if sometimes that was really hard to do. :lol: )

Like many I have moved from staying within the GT subforums to expanding outward finding most of my time in the 'Console & PC Gaming' territory. It's been a great 7 years so far and I intend on going nowhere in the near future. 👍

Back