Your older days of GTP (Your first avatar, Personality, Person used to known here)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 112 comments
...GT5 Prologue I was hugely obsessed with then and often used to meddle with its TTs on London reverse track on almost around every second day I think.

That's how we met Hiroki. :D I also was obsessed with running the TT's in GT5P. I really liked London and tried to get the top spot on all the TT's there. However, there was this pesky Japanese kid named YellowBird who was trying to steal my shine! :lol: :sly: That's when we started messaging each other on the PSN. I remember you said you were learning English at the time. Your English is great now. Reading your post I would have no idea that you're not a native speaker. ;) It's nice to relive old memories. We should do some time trials or races at London again sometime. :)

Well, my first avatar I can't remember, probably a Corvette or something.

As far as my early postings, there was my infamous DYSAGT postings, of literally everything I saw.

There was my early cool wall votings, your typical muscle car fanatic, anti-stancer.

There were my random GT6 questions and my lackluster tunes.

After awkwardly stumbling into hundreds of people I had no idea how to act around, I fell into a small group of people here that I felt comfortable talking with. As my interest in GT6 declined, I spent most of my time in the automotive thread, and in private chats.

My first avatar here in the GTP nearly got me banned because it was the end boss of Wolfenstein 3D. A very pixelated gun-wielding version of you know whom. Not a very intelligent move of mine, especially considering my user name (the 88 is my year of birth minus the 19)
While technically not a rule break it got me tons of warning points.

Also back then I liked to write in shortcuts as I was used to type fast in ingame chats which ultimately lead to a clash with a moderator (I do not remember who it was, I think it was Daan?) - which earned me even more points due to spelling, lack of respect and general disobedience. :lol:

In the first year my participation mainly consisted of posting rants in the GT4 section revolving around the bad engine sounds, missing cockpit view and car suggestions.

Its amazing how much my attitude changed in the following years though, I cannot relate to any of my early slips and I've become way too relaxed to get into any serious arguments with anyone around here anymore. Or the Internet in general. I've become mellow!

Oh, and someone gifted me a year long premium membership and I still don't know who it was. Thank you kind stranger!

First avatar: Some random screenshot from GT2 with a 156 in Rome Night. Hey, atleast it wasn't a stock image from the internet.
Personality: Someone who i want to burn alive in a torture session.
First person i got to know: Friends? What are those, a new series of teddy bears?

First Avatar: Believe it or not, I used to keep up with my name and had Reshiram as my avatar.

Personality: Basically a little 🤬, selfish, always complained, never wanting to improve myself and did a lot of bad acts. I like to think my experience here has actually changed me as a person for the better.

First person I got know: Not on a personal level but @curtex and @TDZdave were the first people I ever really talked to on this site since the reason I joined in the first place was to do that Nurburgring event thing.

First avatar I had was the Hylian Shield from the Legend of Zelda. Now it's Lil' Broomstick, for some reason?

My old personality was basically just s***posting and gushing about things I enjoyed like cars in general (I was the forum's and still am the only Ferrari 458 Italia fanboy) or video games in general. Now it's mostly ranting or being a GT apologist in the GTS subforum, or running a mostly dead group on GT6. Also got in trouble with the mods in the start for double-posting and even just being in a discussion about GT6 hacking (never done it myself, I swear).

First people I got to know: Heya DOTW group on GT6! The regulars like @Baron Blitz Red, @Draggon, @Vic Reign93, @Obelisk, @Ryk, @Cowboy, @MidFieldMaven and @Nismonath5 were the first group of people I got to know on this website. The reason I got hooked to this place was because of Duel of the Week. When the OG thread ended almost a year ago now, I took the mantle of leader for the thread, and it's been on a quiet decline ever since, just like my reputation! (self-depreciating humor aside, love you guys and the thread).

I believe my first avatar was a pixel car. It remained pixel cars for a while, but at some point I moved away from them.

Don't even get me started on my personality. I was 13, and therefore under the required age. That should tell you enough...

...But I was annoying, to say the least. At that point in life I was in a stage where I'd randomly jump from having one favorite brand to another I swooned over. At the time I joined I think I had worn JDM vehicle rose-colored glasses. Regardless, I'm still willing to admit that I'm annoying beyond belief, but in an edgy teen way. :crazy:

I'd came upon this website from @Custom878 (Remember SUPERSONICpsiii/Jordan? Where did he go? :confused:) Anyways, I've been mostly lurking for the past 3 years, but I'm happy to say that I've made a few more friends along the way. You know who you are :lol:

I don't even remember what my 1st avatar was or what my personality used to be back on my early days :lol: all I can remember is that I was very active in the GT5 forum asking for tunes and cars for trading. Despite being a very bad game, I was very intense and passionate about it, and I made the most of it thanks to the threads and posts I saw here. I even began writing a GT5 based story, but stopped after I got a job.

I don't remember my first avatar but I do remember one of my first avatars being Kane '97 from WWE.

At first, I was very awkward. It took me some time to discover that GTP doesn't just revolve around Gran Turismo. I discovered The Rumble Strip, Forza Threads etc.

Started to post more & more, & then started engaging in conversations with other members. Now GTP has became apart of me, because some of the people on here have helped me through some tough times. Sometimes just the littlest pieces of advice can help someone.

Bump.

Had a crying Lebron meme here as a first avatar, gets agitated easily whenever some members post with a lot of sarcasm and usually only went to threads related to GT5 then, as well as other threads which talk about video games.

I registered on GTP in February, 2005. If I remember right, it was to see what the Auto Union C Streamliner looked like in GT4, Amar212 had posted some images of it. My good friend @ac.cobra427 wanted me to look at them, so I signed up to make the images visible.

My username hasn't changed since I joined GTTimes around 2002. It's not the most imaginative username on the web, but I never felt the need to change it. :lol:

My first avatar on GTP was the one I used on GTTimes, with some help from @daan back in the day:

GV1.jpg

Gilles Villeneuve, Zandvoort, 1980

After many years of using that one, I eventually ended up with my current avatar of Raymond Mays losing a wheel on his Bugatti Type 13. I found this photograph to be hilarious, and it encapsulates my love of "beercan cars" (as my friend @arora liked to call them :lol:) from the 1920s and 1930s.

In the early days I used to be more opinionated with politics, I didn't have an interest in photography, and was a lot less consistent in racing games. My passion for 60's/70's cars and motorsports history hasn't gone away, and has been supplemented with a fascination of the aforementioned beercan cars.

I don't post as often as I used to for some reason.

I'm here since 2005, and I've added my first avatar in... 2018.

74705.jpg.png

I was a lurker for years, looking for all the infos about Gran Turismo iterations and then cars in general. I read, and enjoyed content from various people here. My first actual post was in 2010. I wrote my 9th post in 2017 in the GT Sport Livery Editor subforum and got caught.

Now 1,500+ (mostly in this section) and I'm running both GTS Livery Editor and Photo Mode competitions, thanks to the support of the moderation team!

I grew up from a young video game player to an adult with a kid and responsabilities, and I still find here a cooperative and friendly community (well, most of the time ;)).

I don’t think much has changed for me. I do have the occasional hiatus from the Forums but return eventually. I apparently joined on September 18th 2003!

It was years back for me... Being a big fan of Dave Coleman and Sport Compact Car brought me to this website that was features in a SCC article that was so small about GtPlanet. I didn't know how it would change my life at the time, but I joined. I was a lurker at first just trying to find an edge to beat GT3 at first...

Never did I think I would meet cyber people that lived both close and far away that enjoyed the same interests. I still lurked around and did not comment much. These were the days of the 'Test Forum' where strangers would mingle over complete BS but in essence made a bond, friendship that would last as long as digital friends would last.

There were many involved during these times, but slowly each of us would either fall off or would achieve GTP Super Saiyan status. This is a huge statement because what follows is extremely important.

I fell off the path sometime in late 2004 after going through several life changes. A few years later I rejoined and those that were involved during previous times remembered me. It was a great feeling, however there were a few that I still to this day hold close that fell off. Some that have stayed along with that. People like Milefile, Loudmusic, Pupik, Gokents, Rumpleforeskin,all the Kiwis (you know who you are), Boombexus, etc. I can go on forever here.

Those were the days. While I can't remember the email or password from my original account, I am back as version II. Older, more mature. But becoming a car guy again so here I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined this site over 5 years ago in May 2014, and I don't remember my first avatar at all... However I do remember getting 10 warning points in my first week of being on the site.:lol: I made some comment bagging Forza 5's slidey physics, and proclaimed like a fanboy that GT6's physics were way better because the cars didn't slide everywhere. I was replying to a comparison video of a Huayra on Spa between Forza 5 and GT6. However for the most part, nothing bad or significant happened. My posts were probably more juvenile and simplistic, because I had no time for writing giant walls of text. I came onto the site to see the latest Gran Turismo news and interact with other car people. Pretty much nobody at school had any interest in cars whatsoever, so I thought that this would be a good place for me to discuss two of my favourite things - racing games and cars. Nothing much has changed really.

I registered on Christmas eve, 2010, almost 9 years ago, but I'd been lurking for a few years before that. I have no idea what my first post was about but I remember my first avatar. It was a line drawing I made in 30min without lifting the tip of the pen from the A2 sheet of paper during a live drawing class back in 2008 when I was studying Sculpture in the Faculty of Fine Arts. The subject was Zeus.

I've changed to the current avatar around 5 years ago, maybe.

As a person I've changed quite a lot, and part of the reason why I've changed is related to GTP itself and, more specifically, to the Opinions section. There's some golden posts in that section (not mine) and, imo, it's the best section on this forum. Oh, that and the livery, photomode sections of GT, of course! :D

I used to be super active in the photomode competitions for GT5 and GT6 and entered a few of them for GT Sport, but now I just don't have the time to dedicate to it as I had and, tbh, it's so easy to take great shots in GTS that some of the fun I had cleaning and editing crappy standard cars or decent shots in GT5 and GT6 isn't there anymore.

I was in Uni when I made my first post, moved to Germany in 2015, then back to Portugal in 2017 and back again to Hamburg 3 months ago.

I also remember getting a warning in this forum (well the older version) for asking if someone had Adobe CS to share. ^^

Talking about the older forum, I have to say this is one of the best, if not the best I've used. It works like a charm on mobile, it's very well designed and I wish other platforms looked more into GTP for an example on how to build a great platform with an amazing UX.

Props to @Jordan for keeping it going and improving for almost 2 decades now.

Been a member here for nearly 15 years. Started as GT_Fan2005 with I think an Impreza or R34 as the avatar. Through that time many members have come and gone who I got on with and many who I met.

Those were the days. While I can't remember the email or password from my original account, I am back as version II. Older, more mature. But becoming a car guy again so here I am.
Old friend :-) I am so happy I logged back into GTP tonight and was greeted with this.

Yeah, older, more "mature", but now racing cars over here. We should catch up :-).

Suddenly I also remember back then in 2013, this forum still had an Android app but it was scrapped later in the same year as well, something which I wasn't able to understand. When that happened, I entered into some hiatus.

I just wonder who among here have seen and used that GTPlanet app from before. For sure, it would be a dreary wishful thinking for it to make a comeback now.

I do remember @Jordan saying what the reason was for why he dropped the app support, I however don't remember that reason. :lol:

Back