Your older days of GTP (Your first avatar, Personality, Person used to known here)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 112 comments
I joined GTP on January 1st 2009 as a result of finally getting a PS3 with GT5 Prologue and needing assistance with tunes for the S-Class races(by the way - how awesome were those races for GT standards!?). My first username was Chariots0fFire, I can't remember my avatar! :(

Then, I went Premium and changed my name to Classic as a result of having Classic Sonic avatars for a while, so a change felt necessary. Eventually, my real name started to become known to most of the members I was highly acquainted with so it felt natural considering how long I have been here for me to simply change my name to Brend as this place felt like home by that point.

Posting style has radically changed as I have aged. I used to be quite the hot-head and let my passions and attitude go off every so often until I learned to be a bit more calm and collected in debate. I picked up 5 warning points when GT5 released and that was the 'kick' I needed to become a bit less firey and a bit more wise in discussions(even if sometimes that was really hard to do. :lol: )

Like many I have moved from staying within the GT subforums to expanding outward finding most of my time in the 'Console & PC Gaming' territory. It's been a great 7 years so far and I intend on going nowhere in the near future. 👍
Wait? You are @Classic? Wow. I remember i saw that username when i was a lurker and my first year of GTP. I dont know if that and you are the same person.

Wait? You are @Classic? Wow. I remember i saw that username when i was a lurker and my first year of GTP. I dont know if that and you are the same person.
I am indeed @FrzGT 👍 We are one and the same. :D

Just saw this thread today. Looking back at my time here, I probably should've been banned. Got lucky, I guess :nervous:

I joined GTP on Jan 18th 2011 (over 5 years ago it turns out) as @marfyb22 after lurking around for a year un-registered. I only found out about GTPlanet because one of the people I raced with when I first started online racing was using the PSN with a GTP tag.

Turns out that person had a rather in-ceremonious stay here and referred to the moderaters as a pack of 'evil Germans who pleasure themselves' or words to that effect. But I only just learnt that a few minutes ago.

That site died and I lost contact with the people there. A shame because the racing was great...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I signed up, didn't write down my password and promptly signed up a 2nd account in GTracer38 just two weeks later. I then remembered my old password and decided to have one account for the laptop and one for the desktop (14yo mind doing its best right there).

Apparently I continued to use the two accounts (who oddly have the PSN's the wrong way around) through to 2013, when I got my own laptop, and didn't need what was actually my original account .

The @marfyb22 account has the original Nissan Altima COTF as the avatar even though I never supported them. I also recall using a Gran Turismo one that is still on the PC somewhere. Someone (here I think) made it, and I just used it. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

I was hopeless on here, lots of double posts and other little silly stuff. Lots of talk about crap followed chunks of silence. Dumb, know-it-all attitude in some sections, clueless blonde in others. Whether I'm better now or not is not for me to decide. I'll just post crap and hope for the best, as usual :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember the main reason I created an account was for the fun, but short lasting 'Touring Car Team Series'. I'm pretty sure @SolidS2k @eran0004 were the ones who ran it. @nitrorocks was good to chat to and @Miketoberfest got me to join his team then just went silent.

I like ForzaPlanet when it was a thing but that really died off quick in the end. Still seems to be difficult to get numbers for series here for Forza, but I wouldn't have expected otherwise.

I'm pretty sure I post more often now. My online persona is still somewhat different to my actual one, since I tend to stay quiet and reserved in person.

PS: I decided to read the AUP since I never had. Honestly, I didn't even know what 'AUP' stood for until just prior to typing this rather large post. Sorry :guilty:

My older days here? My first avatar?

My first avatar belongs to my original account here, one Renown. The actual avatar is of course gone because the account has been locked up, but it was the 787B from back when we had presets. When I made the switch to this account, well, I don't remember my first avatar for this guy because it's been quite a while. It probably wasn't anything remarkable considering I can't even faintly remember it.

My personality has remained exactly the same, the only difference is that now I'm a little less mischievous and of a calmer mind. Sometimes. There are moments, at least several per week, where I want to call someone an idiot or some variation thereof, but I don't. At least not all the time. My posting style really hasn't changed other than what naturally comes with time. Some of the funniest moments I have were when a bunch of us used the same avatar and typeface and just went on a brigade in the GT forum, another being watching people flip their lids over absolutely nothing because a person dared to watch animated ponies.

As for someone I haven't seen in a while, where are you @Neal?!

Man, hard to tell you what my first avatar here was. That was close to 11 years ago.

If I were to guess it would either be a shot of my Mustang, or some in game shot of mine from GT4.

So, a bit more than two years have passed since I've joined GTP. Man, time flies.

Although I've forgot my first avatar, I do know what my first post was:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/f1-tracks-in-gt6.289853/page-2#post-8945073
It was a post about certain F1 tracks I've wished appear in GT6. The first person I really got to know was @syntex123. We first held contact with a Conversation shortly after I've joined GTPlanet, then via Kik. Still in contact today, awesome dude. :)

How about myself then? I'd say I didn't changed that much during my time here. Maybe I've gotten a little bit more serious, you know, more "grown up" in a way. Act in a more adult way in discussions and such, and I also got better on criticising things, and, I finally managed to get it into my tiny brain that not every "leak" is true. :lol:

My old days here were slightly secluded as I mainly joined to tackle this street racing league after stumbling into one of their rooms. I believe my first avatar was the old-gen Audi R8 at the time.

I mostly spent time in that one thread racking up races and experience. When my old fat PS3 broke and I bought a new slim one, I began to venture out into the forums a bit more. I spent quite a bit of time in the GT5 Marketplace trading cars and paint chips with people.

I was a lot friendlier back then, if a bit awkward compared to what I am now.

My old days here were slightly secluded as I mainly joined to tackle this street racing league after stumbling into one of their rooms. I believe my first avatar was the old-gen Audi R8 at the time.
Thats quite alot of missing members there 0_0 And also largely different crew than you had today.

I was a lot friendlier back then, if a bit awkward compared to what I am now.
So youre not friendly now :D jk

I really don't remember a whole lot from when I registered other than I was an idiot with the debating skills of Donald Trump, now I'm just an idiot. I started out as Northstar3914 as "Northstar" was taken, after awhile I switched it to "Justin" as I felt the community was close enough to just have my actual name. I got kind of bored of that though and after some thought decided to take advantage of the policy allowing members to take over screennames of "users" that were registered but never actually posted.

I also don't remember my first avatar, but I had this as my profile pic from when I joined up until it was synced with your avatar a couple years ago.
profilepic117358_1.gif.jpg

I dont remember exactly what my profile picture was back then when i joined GTPlanet quite a long time ago but i do know i was that 13 year old kid that wanted to get faster and joined a lot of leagues back in the days and about every league you looked at i was in :lol: My personality was just really had to speak every time someone said something.

I was Very Very slow back in the days as i got lapped many times but overtime got faster and got a wheel..started racing in real life.

Today well im 19 and well in less leagues but in more competitive leagues and time trials and continuing to improve my speed. I have moved up in a more competitive class in real life racing and I feel very fast, though sometimes i have off days :lol: However i have such a lot of support from the WRS guys to the Turtle Crew to help me and even for myself to help others.

I could go on and on about how much ive changed since i joined GTP

Great Thread Idea @FrzGT 👍

@Brend -- You were Chariots0fFire? I recall that name but there are no results for posts I've made containing the word "chariot", so I don't seem to have interacted with you then. As Classic, you were a new face to me around the time I made that "Lambo" avatar for you.

-------

I joined GTPlanet in 2003 for the sake of Gran Turismo 4 but didn't make my first post until Enthusia came along in 2005. I mostly hung out in the EPR subforum and picked arguments in the GT4 section about how poor of a simulator GT was/is. At that time there were relatively few of us who felt that way (and no rival games with any footing), making it more of a soapbox thing compared to today's chronic mudslinging.

I believe my first avatar was of a BMW 3.0 CSL from the preset choices, most likely followed by an E30 M3.

It was years back for me... Being a big fan of Dave Coleman and Sport Compact Car brought me to this website that was features in a SCC article that was so small about GtPlanet. I didn't know how it would change my life at the time, but I joined. I was a lurker at first just trying to find an edge to beat GT3 at first...

Never did I think I would meet cyber people that lived both close and far away that enjoyed the same interests. I still lurked around and did not comment much. These were the days of the 'Test Forum' where strangers would mingle over complete BS but in essence made a bond, friendship that would last as long as digital friends would last.

There were many involved during these times, but slowly each of us would either fall off or would achieve GTP Super Saiyan status. This is a huge statement because what follows is extremely important.

I fell off the path sometime in late 2004 after going through several life changes. A few years later I rejoined and those that were involved during previous times remembered me. It was a great feeling, however there were a few that I still to this day hold close that fell off. Some that have stayed along with that. People like Milefile, Loudmusic, Pupik, Gokents, Rumpleforeskin,all the Kiwis (you know who you are), Boombexus, etc. I can go on forever here.
It was tough for me at first just getting back into the forum. Actually only @Pupik was the only one that recognized me and gave me a proper GTP welcome back.

As I look back though I have really missed out on the lives of many that have not only helped an aided me through my days, but I feel a sadness because some have left and I have never been able to give back what they gave to me. It is really bittersweet :-) :-(.

This was only 2006 maybe until 2008/ early 2009. I'm not sure because my life had changed way too much during that period. It is far too foggy for me. I know during 2009 I was yet again a lurker. I had my first born on January 22 2009 which I can say I was an official lurker at that point. At the point where I had a different login. I wish to this day that my baby girl's mother and myself worked out. We didn't unfortunately... Many years of pain including today have not been rectified because of that time...

Slowly I immersed myself back into GTP, but kept it at arms length, and to this day I still do. It sucks to say that because I wish to share with all of the members that I held so close where my life has led. I simply can't.

I would like to say those that were lost at GTP will never know how much we miss your life aurora. We just pray that each an everyone of us has ascended to a better life for living even though GTP doesn't know of it.

@Brend -- You were Chariots0fFire? I recall that name but there are no results for posts I've made containing the word "chariot", so I don't seem to have interacted with you then. As Classic, you were a new face to me around the time I made that "Lambo" avatar for you.

-------

I joined GTPlanet in 2003 for the sake of Gran Turismo 4 but didn't make my first post until Enthusia came along in 2005. I mostly hung out in the EPR subforum and picked arguments in the GT4 section about how poor of a simulator GT was/is. At that time there were relatively few of us who felt that way (and no rival games with any footing), making it more of a soapbox thing compared to today's chronic mudslinging.

I believe my first avatar was of a BMW 3.0 CSL from the preset choices, most likely followed by an E30 M3.
Yep, I believe I was Chariots until roughly 2012/13 I think. How time flies. :D

I joined in 2003? Maybe it was 2002. I can't seem to find a good record of it. The earliest post I found on google is not the first post I remember making.

Anyway, it's been 13 or 14 years. Back when started up I was really interested in talking politics and arguing about human rights. My username back then was "danoff", and my Avatar was blank for a long time until I finally got my first avatar which was Atlas holding up the world. The first signature I remember was an Ayn Rand quote about human rights. Things have really changed.

I joined August 30, 2003. My first post? Here, on September 5, 2004. I was taking my time...

My posting style hasn't changed massively. I quickly got comfortable over in the GT4 Photomode section, where I believe my first custom avatar was a shot of two Skylines going around SSR5 (my first comp entry). While I have most of my photomode images with me, from every game I've played with one, I was sloppy in the early GT4 days, so some were lost before joining the library.

I found an old folder of my original avatars when I was packing up the PC last month. Things like a DFA1979 elephant-nose image (@ImaRobot would appreciate it), the album covers of Fiery Furnaces' Blueberry Boat and Straylight Run's self-titled album, along with Bizarro Quinn from Sealab 2021. Pretty sure I used a shot of me winning Campus Cup at some point too.

I settled on the current avatar around the time of Forza Horizon 1's release, modifying my older "slipshots" double-ess to fit together better. It's stayed pretty much the same for the past 3.5 years, with the occasional holiday-themed switch.

When I first joined here in August, a week or so after my 13th birthday, I was an absolute train wreck. I probably posted 200 times in my first month, and they were almost entirely grammarless, meaningless crap. I probably had about ten threads of mine locked.

But this caused people not to like me, and soon enough, the moderators stepped in, so I decided to change. I really seemed to like GTPlanet, so I wasn't going to get banned for something as silly as using "txtspk", or making spam comments. It's actually not that hard to actually put thought into what you post, and as a matter of fact, I won the GTP award for Best Turnaround. The transformation was for the better, of course, and as a result I became a more respected, gained more followers, and that led to me buying a Premium membership. I plan to be on this site for a very long time.

I joined on September 23rd, 2014 after lurking for about 4 years on here. I was unfortunately one of those people who didn't read entirely about the AUP and my first post was bad to say the least. Luckily, (thanks to @GTP_CargoRatt being assertive enough to make me change my attitude), I apologized for that little incident because I did not want to be worse than it already was. I don't have my first avatar (which was a scale model of the General Lee) saved on my phone anymore, but I still have a '67 Barracuda Convertible from my uncle's shop that was my second one ↓

IMG_20141126_095152713_HDR.jpg

I could go on for a long time on how this site has changed me a ton for the better, but I'll save that for another day since I need some sleep right now.

Cheers :cheers::gtpflag:

I joined in September 2006, but I was lurking around the site for 6 months before joining up. Also, wanting to join GTP gave me the impetus to make an email address for the first time :lol: Growing up in a third world country and my parents being technologically blind does that lol.

Thanks to lurking, I was already aware of how strictly AUP is enforced on this site. GTP probably helped my English improve more than school did :lol: My first thread was this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt2-rare-cars.87056/ I was honestly quite surprised that it managed to go beyond a few posts :D

For a long time I was exclusively visiting the GT1 and GT2 forums. Then when I got my PS3 in late 2008 I started posting in GT5P and Consoles & Gaming forums in a few threads. I went through a period of inactivity after GT5 released (too busy playing the game to post), but I still lurk from time to time. GT6 release brought me back for a while. Then in mid 2014 I got bored with GT6 and decided to explore the world of PC sims. That's when I branched out to a lot of the other forums. Now, coming up to my 10th Year Anniversary (how time flies :crazy:) I'm racing against time to make it to 3,650 posts (roughly 1 post per day). But I won't spam, promise! :lol:

My first avatar was one of the default ones back then: a cropped picture of a black NSX-R LM Edition (it was and still is my favourite car). When I got to 100 posts I changed my avatar to my current one. I just found the picture in the Amazing Photo Thread here, resized it and used it ever since. I love driving more than anything in the world, and I think the light trails laced on a winding mountain road represents that well. Never saw the need to change it 👍

I think people find my username a bit awkward. Well it's actually a really simple idea. When I was younger I always dreamed of being a legend in the world of GT. The number 1, the fastest and most unbeatable :mischievous: Obviously I'm far from that and when I first entered a time trial in GT5P my dreams were crushed :lol: But I still like to keep the name because it always inspires me to do better :D As for the upper and lower case letters, well it was just a teen phase WhErE tYpInG liEk ThIs WaS kEwl :lol: I contemplated changing it to normal, but somehow Legend-1 looks a but unbalanced dimensionally, so it sticks :P I use the same avatar and username combo wherever I can, so if you see it in another forum, that's probably me lol.

I didn't used to have a sig, but recently with how things are developing in the gaming world, I feel compelled to spread some awareness. This is a topic that will take up a whole thread, so I'm not gonna discuss it here.

My personality in the real world changed a bit (getting older does that), but my posting tone has always been quite consistent I think. Probably a bit more serious now, and my English has definitely improved lots since then. But I still like to spam smilies every once in a while (like this post for example). Also I got into more heated debates lately, but I've always been quick to leave early. Never a fan of multi quotes, multi page arguments on the internet.

People used to know, well, I consider the members I knew back in my GT1/2 days to be the closest. Just because we spent a lot of times posting back and forth in the quiet GT1/2 forums. There wasn't a lot of us, so it really felt like everyone knew each other well. Like a mini corner of GTP just to ourselves :D People like @Parnelli Bone @sucahyo @SportWagon @Pupik @HYBRIDLVR really helped make my early years at GTP memorable. It's a shame many of them are inactive now, I would really love to hear back from some of you guys again 👍

More recently there has been a lot of Indonesians on GTP. @FrzGT and @tankuroded comes to mind. Always great to see our red and white flag represented internationally :D

I think that recaps pretty well my history at GTP. It has been a long time, but it feels just like yesterday that I'm typing up my first post on a Windows 98 PC on 56k dial up :lol: It's crazy, my life has changed so much, yet not a day passed that I don't check GTP at least once. Together with racing it has sort of become a constant in my life. There are bad days sure, but overall I'm really thankful for Jordan to have created this place 👍 I'm probably not one of the more popular members, but every one of you guys has helped make this place truly THE most enjoyable corner on the internet :cheers:

I was planning to make an Anniversary thread closer to the actual date, but I think this post serves the job just fine. Here's to another 10 Years :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I joined GTP in the 1st of August 2013 when GT6 started to leak. I had GT5 and wasn't that active, I thought to myself "I need to be more active in GT6". Well I failed my thought. I tried to join some leagues, but my internet connection always let me down- Either way I started to spread out the GT6 discussion forum and never came back.

My first post was on the introduction section, and posting style haven't changed that much, my english might have gotten better though and I probably matured a fair bit.

I'm a bit of a Renault fanboy and when they announced the rebirth of Alpine I was so excited. And then they revealed the Alpine A110-50 based on the Renault DeZir with a video where old and new featured. The beautiful concept met is father, one of my favourite cars. So I found a decent screenshot and used as my first avatar. And only changed my avatar twice. I think it's time for a new change.

My activity in GTP reflects perfectly my real life personality. I'm not outgoing in any way. I'm discrete, never got into discussions and always tried to watch everything from the side lines. I don't have friends per se, but I recognize lots of people. But I do remember my first follower, @RandomCarGuy17, we started to post roughly at the same time in the "suggestions" thread, back when GT6 could barely walk and we liked eachothers suggestions.

Man, I've been lurking around here since I was a little kid back when the Library was still up and GT4 was all the rage.

Man, I've been lurking around here since I was a little kid back when the Library was still up and GT4 was all the rage.
Gran Turismo 3 was released when me and my friends were about to get our driver's licenses, which made it a defining part of our budding automotive enthusiasm. Even though I've never been a fan of any other game in the series (GT1 and GT2 are only left out because GT3 was my first), Gran Turismo is still a landmark in my experience with cars and racing games.

Gran Turismo 3 was released when me and my friends were about to get our driver's licenses, which made it a defining part of our budding automotive enthusiasm. Even though I've never been a fan of any other game in the series (GT1 and GT2 are only left out because GT3 was my first), Gran Turismo is still a landmark in my experience with cars and racing games.
Me as well. The community of fans just makes me appreciate the series and its impact more.

My overall history at GTPlanet ? Hummm it sounds quite intriguing but to me it's already getting hard to remember all that happened to me then and now, and lengthy to explain all of the stories here... so let me just put it in short here.

I think I joined GTP back in 2009 when I was 14 years old and I was a junior-high school student, I was somewhat kinda busy trying to prepare myself for the studies at high school but not as the others in other schools fortunately (Some of the high schools have the entrance exams for being admitted so some students / pupils in some of the junior high schools in Japan have to cram up for those exams for hours to enter the schools), probably thanks to that I also could have some spare time with me for playing video games including GT5 Prologue I was hugely obsessed with then and often used to meddle with its TTs on London reverse track on almost around every second day I think.

It was actually a guy named "The_Grim_Reaper" (nowadays inactive, though) who scouted me to join the GTP forum and so do his team he was the head of. For seeing my lap times which were on 1st place or at least within the top 10 range with most of the cars but always with the aid of TCS 7 because I was the only player who was using a pad instead of a steering wheel(Both on "Standard" mode and "Professional" mode, not sure how it was called precisely) :lol:

He told me to join GTP on the dot complimenting me on my lap times and pointing out I had some kind of talent if trained in all seriousness with the wheel or at the least if I could learn all the minute detail in other tracks for Time Trials, and it was that moment when I got to know some of the other initial guys such as TimeAttack07(He's also inactive now), @Mad94d and some of the other guys from other teams for GT (@MADFORCE, @TAFKAH, @Oberst Struppi, from GTRP, @MeAgainstYou from PureGT, @msgt-sd from iracing ?(Can't recall the team name, but ain't a part of team GTP), Mclarensucks and Sisco_kid from a spanish racing team called "Warros Green Power", and some of the others from a french racing team known as "GT_club" and "GT5net" I had been a member of for some time too - as well as myself starting to lurk in some of the threads I personally found interesting to catch up with, but didn't comment much as I wasn't quite sure how to use all the sources / stuff in this forum, and especially not "level-headed" enough so as to be able to have clever arguments with other members active since that time. After all I decided to focus on my activities on team GTP as I found it the most amusing over those in other racing groups going on at odd intervals and some of them seemed just completely dead. :(

It was like 3 or 4 months after I joined GTP when I gradually started to post a comment especially on the Time Trial threads, and Rumble strips' threads I guess in which people were yapping away on what kind of watch do you have, and what did you do for today and so on, but I saw it was pleasing to share all my activities and experiences in these threads, as I had never seen anything like that in other forums of other racing teams which were mostly full of discussions of GT games and seasonal events I found rather "tedious" to take part in once having stopped playing GT5P for being way too obsolete to stick to, gradually seeing the community is well kept up with all the strict rules and other GTPers being so friendly and warm-hearted people in visiting with on various informal topics and also in terms of caring for each other - regardless of where they come from and what language they spoke as the first language. Having seen those people's friendliness and the tidiness of this forum I branched out by degrees to other corners of the forum including the debate threads on social issues at which I'm still active at the moment, and through getting in touch with the others and reading other people's posts my English improved a lot. :)

My username when I first joined this site was "YellowBird23" taken from my PSN ID I was using then(Now abandoned), and changed to "sneakyboy62" in accordance with the current username I'm known on PSN :D But finally decided to alter it to another name again for fear that some people might find it embarrassing... :embarrassed:

During these times my personality in real life changed a lot and now I'm busy doing school works at uni and some chores outside of school hours(as for part-time work I couldn't do much for myself being too much reserved with the others and poor at interacting with them unless being on good terms with me in particular :( ), but having been able to have my own place on the internet helped me hold up my head as much as I could when faced with some difficult moments.

And finally, these days I'm not so active as I was before and I visit other websites such as TheGuardian, gamefaqs, Residentevilish and speedruns.com of Resident Evil games after receiving second infraction which means that with one more warning that's it. I'm not going to be back here again if ever I receive another one and my GTP life is over for good - I'm feeling like doing the same stuff over and over again for years turned out to be rather distracting to me, and I'm ready to do other things for change as well as in real life I'm going to graduate from my college in a year or two. Besides, I was not originally a fan of cars and GT games as a whole(By nature I was an avid fan of Resident Evil games which obviously led me to what I am now) so I take it that I would have never known what was going to happen to me up to now without having the chances for running into the initial people who made me determine to join this site. I'm sorry about my current status on here, but still nonetheless, GTP was also the place I could meet some wonderful guys such as @SVX, @Crooooooow, @a6m5 (who is also Japanese living in US :D) and @Rusty* (one of the closest guys on here I dare to say ;)) so I suppose I was lucky to be able to be a part of this community and I want to thank to @Jordan for creating such a nice place which gave me changes in the directions of my earlier days of life, just as many of the others who's fond of paying a visit on here on a regular basis. ;)

(Oops, it went much longer than I expected... I actually had more to say but I'm not going into every detail, I'm gonna just stop here :P)

Back