Your P.B Lap Times.

• Thread starter GT4 genius
  • 273 comments
👍

The fastest time is the fastest time, set under ideal conditions. This seems to be the way it works IRL, it's odd that it doesn't work that way in F1:CE.

BTW: Genius - you haven't yet posted my Melbourne time that started this whole discussion off:

Melbourne 1:27.150 (Biggles, Ferrari, World Championship)

Thank you!

Sorry about that, not intentional at all. And to everyone, dont hesitate to point out any mistakes I have made or will make in the future. 👍

The table has been updated.

Anyone have any suggestions for an organised time trial event. I was thinking something like: Hungaroring, Toyota and all times have to be posted before 3pm Sunday UK time. Times could be set in any game mode apart from online. What do you guys think?

Thank you, Genius. 👍

It's still not much of a time :indiff: but I worked hard to get it - I just can't get comfortable at Melbourne.

Anyone have any suggestions for an organised time trial event. I was thinking something like: Hungaroring, Toyota and all times have to be posted before 3pm Sunday UK time. Times could be set in any game mode apart from online. What do you guys think?
I like it! Count me in. Better use a separate thread I guess?

Biggles, it's not a bad time still.

Ok, so for Hungaroring I have posted a 1:16.741 with Toyota. Judging from the times on the first page for this track I will soon be crushed :)
Unless nobody else accepts the challenge that is. In such case I will stand there as a glorious winner shaking my trophy and showering champagne :)

Ok, so for Hungaroring I have posted a 1:16.741 with Toyota. Judging from the times on the first page for this track I will soon be crushed :)
Unless nobody else accepts the challenge that is. In such case I will stand there as a glorious winner shaking my trophy and showering champagne :)

:lol:, I'll have a time up before Sunday. I picked Toyota because its not a common car on the rankings and Timo Glock did well in it last weekend in Hungaroring. As for setting up a new thread, I will think about how to set this up fully this evening and I'll consider anyones recomenndations.

I'll probably set up a thread called "Weekly Time Trials, Week 1" or something.

Slight improvement, now my Toyota Hungaroring challenge time is at

1:16.692 (Alltidxx, Toyota)

Last edited:
Slight improvement, now my Toyota Hungaroring challenge time is at 1:16.692
Great I'll have the new thread up tomorrow evening. I have it all sorted out in my head now. Be sure to take note of your sector times too ;).

Last edited:
Hi all,

Im alireza from iran and im a F1 gaming fanatic (been playing for 12 years now )

I see these times and i see some real talent although im quicker a little in a lot of tracks.

I just saw this forum yesterday and joined, my big problem is a guy called Cupo325 ,, (go type this in youtube and see the guys laps)

Im slower than him but im sure the stuff we see on those videos cant be done in our own homes in offline mode.

Anyway nice meEting you all and im going to do some laps for your tables.
(as you want the split times)
tell me how you want proof of the laptimes. I can also discuss setups with everyone if need be.

ill start with melbourne (1:23.5), Monza (1:19.0) Silverstone(1:17.2) and budapest, alothough ill do it after the olympic opening ceremony ends)
best regards and looking forward to discussion with u all

Alireza

Great I'll have the new thread up tomorrow evening. I have it all sorted out in my head now. Be sure to take note of your sector times too ;).

Hi,

I will give this a go as well. 👍 Sorry I haven't played much of single player, do I need to choose Time Trial ?

Thanks.

Hi,

I will give this a go as well. 👍 Sorry I haven't played much of single player, do I need to choose Time Trial ?

Thanks.
So far it is said any mode will do. Posting a good time in Time Trial mode is valiant but you'll see better if doing it during practice in GP Weekend. I did some basic training in Time Trial and then when I got the settings close enough of what I wanted I started a GP Weekend and set my times.

I'm quite good at Monza...I'd say probably average. It's on of my favourite tracks in Formula One so I've spent alot of time practising there. Maybe I'll set a time for it.

And Alltidxx, does the GP Weekend give you any advantage, I mean by slipstreaming other cars. Or do you choose to start first in the race and then set your times. Because as you can probably imagine, I'm used to setting my lap times in Time Trial mode.

I'm quite good at Monza...I'd say probably average. It's on of my favourite tracks in Formula One so I've spent alot of time practising there. Maybe I'll set a time for it.

And Alltidxx, does the GP Weekend give you any advantage, I mean by slipstreaming other cars. Or do you choose to start first in the race and then set your times. Because as you can probably imagine, I'm used to setting my lap times in Time Trial mode.
One can potentially slipstream in GP Weekend practice. But one can, maybe more likely, also be hindered by other cars on the track. By all means, set the time in Time Trial. That is what the mode is for really. But the thing is, the shadows and the sunreflections in Time Trial are having a negative impact on times most people feel.

One can potentially slipstream in GP Weekend practice. But one can, maybe more likely, also be hindered by other cars on the track. By all means, set the time in Time Trial. That is what the mode is for really. But the thing is, the shadows and the sunreflections in Time Trial are having a negative impact on times most people feel.

Yeah, I totally agree with you about the shadows. My first lap is usually quite good and average, but when the shadows appear it really effects my times. I usually do obviously get better times as I progress through the time trial but they usually act as a car you have to look out for, and stay ahead of it, whereas that's not the case. You can turn them off, I think, though.

I just started the toyota budapest challenge,

Im down to 1:15:862 27.926,, 26.427,,,21.509 with Jarno trulli

dont know how good that is as its my first time driving a toyota.

thanks pepsi,

ill try to get that down more, dont know how much time is out there as i really nailed the the first and last sectors of my hotlap.

ill get more of an idea once the pros put up their laptimes.

Best regards
alireza

I'm not really experienced at the Hungararing race track although I do, at least, know a few of the corners. I'll certainly have to practice it a bit more.

Anyway, I've just been in Time Trial mode at Monza. It was wet weather and I had Fuel Usage and Tyre wear turned on to that Realistic mode. Anyway, it was very wet and on one of my flying laps I managed to get up to a really good second sector and then on the way out of the chicane near the end of the track, I caught onto the grass and had quite a massive spinout. Very annoying.

I just got down to a 1:15.082 28.046 25.867 21.169 in the toyota budapest challenge ,, The gauntlet has been thrown.

let me just say that a 1:14.5 should be possble as I have done 27.5 in the first sector and 20.9 in the last sector with this same setup ,, its a question of getting a perfect 3 sectors.

I have a photo if anyone doubts these times from an iranian!!!!! ;)

hey pepsi I just did a 1:18.4 in monza with a new setup i tried,,
23.2 26.9 and 28.3 were the sector splits with the ferrari of Michael Schumacher

Last edited:
Great time there, and a 1.14 will be in your sight very soon. edit We're not aloud to share setups actually, so I belive that it is a top secret.:sly:

And did you do Monza in the rain? That's a great time, and a Ferrari in real life probably wouldn't be able to do that. Hopefully I can get in a time in the dry weather, because putting on rain was probably not the best idea for setting a time.

Oh, and do you do flying laps and outlaps or just go around at random and see what you best time was?

Edit: At the moment, the best I can do in a McLaren is around the 1.25 mark.

Last edited:
Welcome Alireza, great to see another very competitive person on board.👍

I should have the Weekly Series Thread up within the next hour and all the rules and regulations for that will be posted in the first post.

As for this thread, post proof of your times if you wish, although here at GTP there is a large about of trust placed on the members so no proof should be needed, although I do reserve the right to ask for proof if a time is deemed suspicious before I post it in the rankings.

Ofcourse because your Iranian you will have to always give proof and if you dont we will place sanctions on you!!! :sly:
Just joking :dopey:
Everyone is treated equally and with the same respect they show others.

Edit: To everyone: Warning do not give away your Toyota Hungarian setups if you believe that setup is the edge you will need to win or do well in the time trial event.

Last edited:
Ok the other thread is up. Can those of you who have already posted times post them again in the other thread in the order time, sector1, sector2, sector3, drivers name.
If you wish for your times from the other thread to also be posted in these official rankings then please post them here in the same order as above, thanks for all your co-operation.

If you all could make times you wish to be posted then have them in the correct order and in a line on there own so as they are clear to me, so as I dont miss them. And Alireza, could you post your times to the 1000th of a second please.

I just had a F1:CE moment.

I was running Catalunya in World Championship & ran a 1:14.401 in Qualifying, which, as we've discussed, does not register in your Lap Times statistics. So I decided to quit WC, & while I was "warmed up", run a few laps on Catalunya in Grand Prix Weekend Practice, hoping to register a decent time. The result? On my third lap I ran:

1:14.401 (Biggles, Ferrari) :)

I've got a weird Lap Record situation:

as I reported in my last post, I ran 1:14.401 (twice) at Catalunya in a practice session. I then ran a 1:13.924 in the actual race. I saw this time recorded on my Lap Records page after the race. I then quit the game. Later today I ran another race at Catalunya in which my fastest time was 1:14.500. When I checked back on my Lap Records page after the race, my fastest time was showing as 1:14.500, apparently erasing my two earlier faster times.

What's that all about?! :confused:

I've got a weird Lap Record situation:

as I reported in my last post, I ran 1:14.401 (twice) at Catalunya in a practice session. I then ran a 1:13.924 in the actual race. I saw this time recorded on my Lap Records page after the race. I then quit the game. Later today I ran another race at Catalunya in which my fastest time was 1:14.500. When I checked back on my Lap Records page after the race, my fastest time was showing as 1:14.500, apparently erasing my two earlier faster times.

What's that all about?! :confused:
Same thing happend to me. My best time for Budapest with Toyota on the weekly challenge is actually gone with the wind now... :(

Are you both sure you saved your profiles after you set the times. I remember thats happened me a few times.

Perhaps I didn't, but the times did actually appear on the Lap Records page after I quit the race, so I assumed that they had been saved. However, it's possible that I didn't because in both cases I was running the race in WC & crashed before completing the race. :ouch:

On second thoughts: I think that at least one of the times was set in WCW, where it would have been logical to have saved after the race... :confused:

Last edited:
1.14.932 at Monaco with the Honda of Jenson Button. That was actually a very lucky lap because I hadn't made any changes to the car setup before that lap at all. The only changes that I had were already there from many other previous sessions in the past.

Oh and here are the sector times

sector1 18.824

sector2 38.263

sector3 17.845

Monaco: 1:12.807 (Biggles, Ferrari)

It just occurred to me that this time is 4 secs under "Gold Medal" lap time, which is, I think, my fastest time relative to the "standard". However, some of you are a lot faster & I can see why: there's an easy 2 secs there running the perfect lap. This seems to make Monaco the least "realistic" of the tracks, as it's possible to run it several seconds faster than IRL. On the other hand finishing a race at Monaco in F1:CE is a real challenge.

The other thing that struck me is that using a 900 degree wheel (G25) on Monaco is probably a big disadvantage - it makes the hairpins particularly difficult - & for the first time it occurred to me that it's probably easier to be fast in F1:CE on all the tracks using the controller rather than a wheel. The reason for this, is that unlike GT5P, there is very little "feel" in the physics, which is what makes the wheel an advantage in GT5P. Being fast in F1:CE is all about timing & precision, which probably works as well, or better, with the controller.

Any other wheel users have a comment on this?

Last edited:
The other thing that struck me is that using a 900 degree wheel (G25) on Monaco is probably a big disadvantage - it makes the hairpins particularly difficult - & for the first time it occurred to me that it's probably easier to be fast in F1:CE on all the tracks using the controller rather than a wheel. The reason for this, is that unlike GT5P, there is very little "feel" in the physics, which is what makes the wheel an advantage in GT5P. Being fast in F1:CE is all about timing & precision, which probably works as well, or better, with the controller.

Any other wheel users have a comment on this?

Hi There,

The G25 works at 200 Degree's rather than 900 Degree's in F1CE. The only downside is that it does not actually lock at 200 Degree's. The Driving Force Pro probably is the "Fastest Wheel" but not the "Best Wheel" to use for F1CE as it locks at 180 Degree's and is 10" in size.

I would say the Logitech Wheel's are around 1 second faster than a controller, although I am around half a second slower with my DFGT wheel than a controller. :)

Back