Your P.B Lap Times.

• Thread starter GT4 genius
  • 273 comments
Hi There,

The G25 works at 200 Degree's rather than 900 Degree's in F1CE. The only downside is that it does not actually lock at 200 Degree's. The Driving Force Pro probably is the "Fastest Wheel" but not the "Best Wheel" to use for F1CE as it locks at 180 Degree's and is 10" in size.

I would say the Logitech Wheel's are around 1 second faster than a controller, although I am around half a second slower with my DFGT wheel than a controller.

Fishfash: my G25 is set at 900 degrees. How do you change it to 200 degrees for F1:CE?

Hi,

You won't get any more turn after 200 Degree's regardless whether the G25 wheel is set to 900 Degree's. The in game software within F1CE will stop the wheel at 200 Degree's.

Go into cockpit overhead cam view and turn the G25 wheel, left or right. You will see that at 200 Degree's that the actual wheel of the F1 car stops moving once the G25 wheel hits 200 Degree's. 👍

Hi,

You won't get any more turn after 200 Degree's regardless whether the G25 wheel is set to 900 Degree's. The in game software within F1CE will stop the wheel at 200 Degree's.

Go into cockpit overhead cam view and turn the G25 wheel, left or right. You will see that at 200 Degree's that the actual wheel of the F1 car stops moving once the G25 wheel hits 200 Degree's.

You're absolutely right! I just checked it.

Weird that after almost 200 hours in game, I never noticed that! I think the times when I felt "disadvantaged the most was after spinning out & trying to wrestle the car back onto the track
it...just...would...not...come...around...quick...enough...

- & I would be frantically turning the wheel further to try & bring it back on the track quicker, not realising that it was the car & not the wheel that was not responding. :embarrassed:

are you guys talking about the "stopping" of the wheel turning when the car is idle?? i've noticed that the wheel locks when the car is at 0kph, but goes away once you're gaining speed...

are you guys talking about the "stopping" of the wheel turning when the car is idle?? i've noticed that the wheel locks when the car is at 0kph, but goes away once you're gaining speed...

I think that only happens when you have FFB on, and still it does not fully lock but just makes it tighter. I am baffled as to why the developers decided to include the lock at 0 MPH and not at higher speeds. :grumpy:

I can't believe Shaggy set a 1:15.702 at Imola. :boggled:

:)

It was the most balls to the wall lap ever. It was always on the verge of crashing out, but somehow I just held it together for one lap. TBH I think it was the only time I ever dipped under 1:16, I'm usually around the 1:17 mark.

New Monaco personal best:
1:10.549 - 18.459/34.146/17.944 (icelt, McLaren)

Edit----
GT4, just glancing through the times and it looks like you accidentally missed my Sepang update.

New Sepang time:

1:29.855 - 22.426/29.000/38.429 (icelt, Renault)

Edit2----

New Melbourne time:

1:25.008 - 28.668/23.373/32.967 (icelt, Renault)

Edit3----

New Nurburgring time:

1:26.552 - 28.303/36.785/21.464 (icelt, Renault)

Last edited:
GT4 genius, you should probably have a look at the hot-lap series thread for updates to this P.B Lap Times thread as well. Or, I guess, people could post them in here themselves ;)

GT4 genius, you should probably have a look at the hot-lap series thread for updates to this P.B Lap Times thread as well. Or, I guess, people could post them in here themselves ;)

I know about it, as it is me that hosts it. :sly: But it does make my job a lot easier when people post here, but this evening I will try and post everything.

@icelt, sorry I keep missing your times. Tonight everything shall be sorted out, just bear with my rather bad organisational skills.

Edit: Everything is updated, check for the numerous mistakes! Even the hot laps are included if it was your best.

Last edited:
I just had a F1:CE moment.
Something similar...
(Alltidxx): Hire me for you first driver mr F1 teamleader, I'll do whatever it takes!
(impressed teamleader): You're our man! You're hired!

Epilogue: It later turned out that it was not such a blessing because the driver only did JUST what it took and no more...
:)

Last edited:
If I'm not too late for the party, here's my best time around Bahrain:

1:32.004 (McLaren, auto, abs, sixaxis)

I'm just getting around to putting some time on this game. So far I love it but I've got a lot to learn...

No your not too late, this thread has no deadlines. And I try to update it as often as I can, sadly that isn't always the case! I WILL update it all within the next 7 hours, DEFINITELY!!

Edit: All is updated from this thread, I will add the times from the hot lap thread soon.

Last edited:
Suzuka

1:30.734 (Shaggy Alonso, Renault)

Wow, Suzuka is definitely the best track in the game. I never used to like it because it was so difficult but once you find the groove for it and learn how to break properly, it is both the most rewarding and most exillerating race you can have. Plus the AI is mega fast at it so it makes it a real challenge. It actually feels like a real race for once.

EDIT: Improved time

Last edited:
Another freak happening during team ability test at Imola:

Too bad Albers improved his next lap. Otherwise it would've been cool to see what the message would've been at the end of the session when we had driven exactly the same laptime.

Ok, I've got to ask a question here. How the heck are you guys so 🤬 fast? I'm sure practice has the most to do with it followed closely by setups. However, I've been reading and trying different setups and I've seen vast improvements in my times but I'm still several seconds off the pace here. On some tracks, I'm just not seeing where I'm leaving 3 or more seconds out there. Does anyone have any videos they can share?

I can almost guarantee that all these times are possible. With my times, not that they are much good, its all down to clean laps and good setups. But I know some people use driving techniques such as throttle brake at the same time, and other people can even manage a couple of hundred perfectly timed gear changes per lap! And join the weekly race series if your up for a proper time challenge, we tend to share our setups there more often then here.

PS: I'll update all of this thread soon, even with the times from the weekly thread. Probably tonight.

I've read through both threads a couple times and I don't doubt for a minute that the times aren't legit. I'm just struggling to find where I'm losing so much time. I would join the the weekly race series but at the moment, I'm racing with a group of guys online and most of my time on this game goes to practicing the upcoming track. Once our "season" is over or if the WRS is on the same track as us, I'm sure I'll participate.

I wish there was a way to download someone else ghost. I know I've made myself faster in GT by following someone else around.

I wish there was a way to download someone else ghost. I know I've made myself faster in GT by following someone else around.

That would be helpful but I think in F1 the setup makes a bigger difference then it does in GT5P, so it is more about the setup then just the racing line. And if you are practicing for online then you probably aren't working on the setups. Although I think codemaster could learn a lot from PD, instead of dumbing the game down for newcomers they should have helpful things such as downloadable ghosts or even something as simple as a visible racing line on the track helps massively, and with regard to setup, a small tutorial of some sort from someone explaining the different settings would also be good. (Is it too much to ask if they could get the drivers and or real F1 mechanics to give the tutorials!) 💡 :dopey:

Ok, I've got to ask a question here. How the heck are you guys so 🤬 fast? I'm sure practice has the most to do with it followed closely by setups. However, I've been reading and trying different setups and I've seen vast improvements in my times but I'm still several seconds off the pace here. On some tracks, I'm just not seeing where I'm leaving 3 or more seconds out there. Does anyone have any videos they can share?

To gain that extra speed use manual gears and change the TC settings to 2 or 1 down the straights. Going into chicanes and coming out of corners put the TC back to 3.

To gain that extra speed use manual gears and change the TC settings to 2 or 1 down the straights. Going into chicanes and coming out of corners put the TC back to 3.

Yes, whilst blasting down the straight at 170 odd mph and watching faint markings along the road to see where you should slam the brakes, whilst tapping through 7 gears! :crazy: :scared: You might find it easy, but there is only so many things some people can manage. :guilty:

Yes, whilst blasting down the straight at 170 odd mph and watching faint markings along the road to see where you should slam the brakes, whilst tapping through 7 gears! :crazy: :scared: You might find it easy, but there is only so many things some people can manage. :guilty:

👍 Sadly, I find myself in the same limited dexterity camp. :dopey:

Does using a manual and fiddling with the live dynamics really make that large of a difference? In my limited experience, when I fiddle with the live dynamics, I usually find my self buried in the wall sitting in a pile of important bits and carbon fiber debris. :ouch:

LOL GT4. That's what makes the game so fun. :)

Oh it's easier to do that all with a controller as well :yuck:

Really? Why would TC matter during straights? I thought TC was for acceleration at lower speeds.

Really? Why would TC matter during straights? I thought TC was for acceleration at lower speeds.

You need Higher TC to stop the wheel spin and that's when you are in the lower gears and exiting hairpins. Once you are in a higher gear, from around 5th onwards there is no wheel spin so the TC can be lowered to give you that extra speed.

Not sure whether this is how it works in real life but certainly works in the game :)

Back